Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: MuddyWaters, October 26, 2017, 7:08pm
After the Carabao Cup draw got delayed by nearly two hours, the following has appeared...

Both the English Football League (EFL) and Twitter apologised for the one-hour-and-45-minute delay.

A statement from the EFL read: "The EFL has received an apology from Twitter UK for the delay which is believed to have occurred as a result of a faulty encoder.

"The EFL has requested a full explanation into the events that led to this afternoon's unacceptable delay."

Hard to believe that The EFL and full explanation appear in the same sentence.
Posted by: moosey_club, October 26, 2017, 7:12pm; Reply: 1
just what was wrong with a bag of numbered balls ?
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 26, 2017, 8:04pm; Reply: 2
By the sound of it the draw was fixed.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 27, 2017, 12:11am; Reply: 3
You mean it didn't take them 3 months to find out nothing went wrong?!
Posted by: Civvy at last, October 27, 2017, 12:08pm; Reply: 4
If the EFL represents the English FOOTBALL League. Why the hell were the two people conducting the draw a RUGBY player and a CRICKETER?  

#Shaunharveyisacunt.
Posted by: RichMariner, October 27, 2017, 1:14pm; Reply: 5
I like the way the EFL have tried to pass blame on this - 'It's not our fault, it's Twitter's fault'.

Twitter were responsible for the tech failure but let me see... who was it that chose to use Twitter to broadcast the draw? Did you do your research? Did you test everything?

I've worked for agencies where we send clients printed design work. Although the printers are external to us, we're still responsible for that work right up until they land on our clients' doorstep.

I can't wait for someone senior within the EFL to be implicated in some kind of scandal and it unravels a whole list of dirty dealings and financial failings.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 27, 2017, 9:28pm; Reply: 6
I suspect they're too incompetent to cook up a dodgy deal Rich.
Posted by: Barrattstander, October 27, 2017, 11:14pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from grimsby pete
By the sound of it the draw was fixed.

By the look of it , it could be one of those warm and cold balls draws!

Print page generated: May 3, 2024, 10:03pm