Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), October 14, 2017, 3:01pm
Why the hell have we got Scunthorpe commentary on the Mariners iFollow?
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, October 14, 2017, 3:02pm; Reply: 1
Theres no video broadcast either
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), October 14, 2017, 3:05pm; Reply: 2
Does anyone know who we can send a complaint to, there is something messed up almost every week?
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), October 14, 2017, 3:08pm; Reply: 3
Finally, we get commentary!
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, October 14, 2017, 3:08pm; Reply: 4
Theres a little chat option in the bottom right. I've emailed them a number of times with no reply
Posted by: Spidey, October 14, 2017, 3:10pm; Reply: 5
Do you have to have a subscription for commentary?
Posted by: cmackenzie4, October 14, 2017, 3:11pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Spidey
Do you have to have a subscription for commentary?

Yes mate
Posted by: davmariner, October 14, 2017, 3:12pm; Reply: 7
Video streaming not work/not offering an option!
Posted by: cmackenzie4, October 14, 2017, 3:15pm; Reply: 8
It really is a poor service from ifollow, we can only listen to commentary through ifollow so we need it to work reliably, the service is very poor especially with subscribers not getting a response to problems they’re having (no commentary/video)  when they’re paying a fee for a service, it’s not as if it’s a one off either, it’s every week!
Posted by: bigbadmarinerbob, October 14, 2017, 4:04pm; Reply: 9
I will not be renewing my subcription for next season. Im buying a radio instead
Posted by: Mikey_345, October 14, 2017, 4:06pm; Reply: 10
Terrible as usual! 😡
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 14, 2017, 4:29pm; Reply: 11
That's poor. It's not as if there's that many people to reply to. Bad flipping up in the first place. Glad I didn't subscribe.
Posted by: davmariner, October 14, 2017, 5:06pm; Reply: 12
Glad I wasn't able to get it working and saved myself £5. Fcuk you ifollow!!
Posted by: ginnywings, October 14, 2017, 5:48pm; Reply: 13
Mariners Player was bad but i stuck with it. iFollow is terrible and i waited to see before i commited to it. I won't be subscribing as it seems fans are just treated as cash cows nowadays. We get served up any old tosh on and off the pitch and i have had enough. Won't be getting a season ticket next season either and i'm royally copulated off with it all.
Posted by: The Grim Reaper, October 15, 2017, 12:41pm; Reply: 14
I had scunny commentary for the first few minutes then it switched to our game. Hardly the end of the world.
Posted by: Abdul19, October 15, 2017, 1:26pm; Reply: 15
With hindsight, I wish it'd stayed on the Scunny game.
Posted by: The Grim Reaper, October 15, 2017, 9:43pm; Reply: 16
its seems a bit fishy that some people complain on here about ifollow and don't actually contact the club? I don't suppose you can contact them and say the vpn that i bought isn't working properly  :)
Posted by: gtfc98, October 16, 2017, 3:50pm; Reply: 17
All sounds great on paper this ifollow business but in reality it can be quite poor. Lots of issues with getting the correct commentary and also the quality on the "overseas" streaming service.

Also, is it just me or does anyone else miss John Moore's commentary? the stuff form ifollow is just so much more impersonal, John really adds something with his querkiness.

"looks good, LOOKS GOOOS, LOOOOOKS GOOOD! YESSSSSSSS"
Posted by: HertsGTFC, October 16, 2017, 7:08pm; Reply: 18
I get to the internet radio coverage but we are currently away abroad does that mean I can watch tomorrow and Saturday's game?
Posted by: gtfc98, October 16, 2017, 10:25pm; Reply: 19
Should be able to mate you just need to log into iPlayer and you should have the option to stream. Think it’s €3 a game
Posted by: Corkyefes, October 16, 2017, 10:30pm; Reply: 20
Ifollow is shi*e.

Every game I've streamed has started to stutter EVERY time around the 30th minute and the second half gets worse to a point where the last 20 mins are unwatchable.

Tried everything. Everything ifollow has recommended (log off and back on etc etc).

Still the same. Only works on Google Chrome aswell.

It's good if you only want to watch the first 30-35 mins!!!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 16, 2017, 10:49pm; Reply: 21
Are people complaining about the quality of the visuals (i.e. the 'telly') or the sound of the (what I would call 'the radio')?

If it's the 'TV' version are the complainers abroad? I thought the service was live TV for people outside the UK only. i.e. if you're inside the UK and watching 'illegally' should you be complaining about poor service if you're breaching copyright?

If it's poor 'radio' commentary, I completely understand.
Posted by: Abdul19, October 16, 2017, 11:09pm; Reply: 22
Both I think!

It was playing the Scunny RH feed on Saturday. Took about 10 minutes to change to Messrs Dean and Buckley.
Posted by: ginnywings, October 16, 2017, 11:35pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Are people complaining about the quality of the visuals (i.e. the 'telly') or the sound of the (what I would call 'the radio')?

If it's the 'TV' version are the complainers abroad? I thought the service was live TV for people outside the UK only. i.e. if you're inside the UK and watching 'illegally' should you be complaining about poor service if you're breaching copyright?

If it's poor 'radio' commentary, I completely understand.

Even if you are streaming it 'illegally', it shouldn't make a difference because the VPN should make it seem as if you are in another country. If it is bad here, it will be bad everywhere,
Posted by: HertsGTFC, October 17, 2017, 10:46am; Reply: 24
Quoted from gtfc98
Should be able to mate you just need to log into iPlayer and you should have the option to stream. Think it’s €3 a game

Ta!
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, October 17, 2017, 7:47pm; Reply: 25
Once again no video option only radio coverage.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, October 17, 2017, 8:09pm; Reply: 26

Sat in a hotel in Cyprus and you can't watch it here either, which I thought was the whole point.
Posted by: Poojah, October 17, 2017, 8:11pm; Reply: 27

No joy here; what error message are you getting? Oddly, trying to get commentary through the app I get Radio Gloucestershire; I have to go through the OS to get Humberside.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, October 17, 2017, 8:14pm; Reply: 28
Not even getting the option to open the video after clicking match centre. I've given up contacting them now I never get a reply
Posted by: cmackenzie4, October 17, 2017, 8:15pm; Reply: 29
Not even getting the option to open the video after clicking match centre. I've given up contacting them now I never get a reply

Do you pay monthly or did you pay for the full year up front?
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, October 17, 2017, 8:16pm; Reply: 30
up front
Posted by: cmackenzie4, October 17, 2017, 8:19pm; Reply: 31
Bloody hell mate! Hope you get a refund, I did get a reply off them but they was very vague in their response, I won’t be signing up to ifollow again.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, October 17, 2017, 8:57pm; Reply: 32
The radio feed went down just before the 2nd goal and I can't get it back on my tablet or phone ffs.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, October 17, 2017, 9:05pm; Reply: 33
Happened to me messaged them. They finally replied yaaaay. They reset something, i logged out and in again and now everything is working including video
Posted by: HertsGTFC, October 17, 2017, 9:07pm; Reply: 34
I'll give up tonight but will have another go Saturday v Morecombe :-/
Posted by: Corkyefes, October 17, 2017, 9:19pm; Reply: 35
Aload of excrement again!

streaming stuttering after 20 mins.

Not bothering again! flipping sick of it.
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 12:52am