Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 1, 2017, 7:48pm

Malta v England....FIFA World Cup 2018 Qualifier....19:45 ITV

Commentator......"what could possibly go wrong"   :)

Posted by: LH, September 1, 2017, 8:03pm; Reply: 1
I like it when England play the same weekend as Town because it means the Town match might not be the worst game you see that weekend.
Posted by: Posh Harry, September 1, 2017, 8:23pm; Reply: 2
Jesus. Sterling is just shocking.
Posted by: Hagrid, September 1, 2017, 8:25pm; Reply: 3
Awful
Posted by: chaos33, September 1, 2017, 8:25pm; Reply: 4
Isn't he. For the money he must be on, he is just turd.
Posted by: LH, September 1, 2017, 8:30pm; Reply: 5
Watching England in qualifiers is like watching Town in the Conference. Mind you they're about the same quality in tournies as well.
Posted by: jaygy, September 1, 2017, 8:32pm; Reply: 6
These games are always so boring, like a training match attack vs defense just trying to break them down. Do we ever just dispatch of these 10 men behind the ball sides with ease?
Posted by: LH, September 1, 2017, 8:34pm; Reply: 7
If Sterling scores the chance he should have tried shooting from in the first minute this would be won already. Malta now have something to sit on and won't move off it easily.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 1, 2017, 8:34pm; Reply: 8
1 up front and a holding mid field player against Malta FFS???

Tonight you see why English players rarely get signed by foreign sides, a team of characterless automatons with no idea what to do unless they are told to do it.

Utter sh1te!!
Posted by: ginnywings, September 1, 2017, 8:36pm; Reply: 9
Watching Town and England must make us sadists.
Posted by: jimgtfc, September 1, 2017, 8:40pm; Reply: 10
After years of threatening to do so, I've finally given up watching England. It's so predictable and bloody boring! Got myself some serious brownie points by taking the missus out instead. "You do know there's football on" she said, "I'd rather spend the evening with you darling"... 😂
Posted by: Marinerz93, September 1, 2017, 8:41pm; Reply: 11
This is becoming so pedestrian I am expecting the green cross code man to make an appearance at some point. We should be set up 3-4-3 or 2-5-3 for this game with Joe Hart back in England playing with his excrement hair, the ponce.
Posted by: wiggers, September 1, 2017, 8:45pm; Reply: 12
Sterling an absolute joke, Livermore international standard?? Plays Hart in goal, same old England, utter sh1te
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 1, 2017, 8:47pm; Reply: 13

Southgate's half-time team talk........"we'll watch the ITV panel on the telly at half-time and we'll go with that".
Posted by: Civvy at last, September 1, 2017, 8:51pm; Reply: 14
Away support awesome despite seasons of mediocrity.
Team playing sh1te and not deserving that support
Sound familiar??
Posted by: moosey_club, September 1, 2017, 8:56pm; Reply: 15
Yay......we're gonna win the cup...we're gonna win the cup
Posted by: LH, September 1, 2017, 8:56pm; Reply: 16
Get our name on that trophy now!
Posted by: Posh Harry, September 1, 2017, 9:00pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from jimgtfc
After years of threatening to do so, I've finally given up watching England. It's so predictable and bloody boring! Got myself some serious brownie points by taking the missus out instead. "You do know there's football on" she said, "I'd rather spend the evening with you darling"... 😂

Understand what you're saying Jim, but I could not give on watching and hoping for my country the same as I couldn't give up on watching and hoping for Grimsby. To be honest, I love the wife - just not that much 😉
Posted by: Gaffer58, September 1, 2017, 9:00pm; Reply: 18
I am watching the golf, and it's faster than England, when you consider the millions some of these players have moved for it's embarrassing. Premier league best in the world ?
Posted by: Abdul19, September 1, 2017, 9:02pm; Reply: 19
Is the transfer window open til midnight in Spain? I imagine Real Madrid are quickly putting in a bid for Jake Livermore as I write this.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 1, 2017, 9:09pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from ginnywings
Watching Town and England must make us sadists.

You mean we like to go home in a bad mood and make everyone else's lives miserable?
Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 1, 2017, 9:11pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Abdul19
Is the transfer window open til midnight in Spain? I imagine Real Madrid are quickly putting in a bid for Jake Livermore as I write this.

He's better out wide, finds it easy to follow the white line ;)
Posted by: Gaffer58, September 1, 2017, 9:20pm; Reply: 22
Here's an idea, if you play in the English premier league you can play for England, same with Spain, France etc. So from the premiere  league teams would any English players actually get in the team, obviously Sterling and Livermore are shoe ins!!!!
Posted by: Posh Harry, September 1, 2017, 9:23pm; Reply: 23
Sterling completed one of the worst 45 minutes I have seen from a professional footballer never mind an England player. At least rashford has been a positive since he has been on. Quick, skilful and using some intelligence. Why the hell wasnt he on from the start.
Posted by: LH, September 1, 2017, 9:26pm; Reply: 24
Ex-Town Josh Magennis bags a brace for NI in San Marino as they look to reach the play offs.
Posted by: moosey_club, September 1, 2017, 9:32pm; Reply: 25
Easy...easy..easy..easy...(clap)  

Pointless any other teams turning up for the world cup.....its in the bag for us.
Posted by: LH, September 1, 2017, 9:38pm; Reply: 26
I only turned the telly on 15 minutes ago. England look unstoppable!
Posted by: ginnywings, September 1, 2017, 9:41pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from KingstonMariner

You mean we like to go home in a bad mood and make everyone else's lives miserable?

Yeah, should have said masochists but it's been a long and tiring week.  :P
Posted by: Civvy at last, September 1, 2017, 9:42pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from LH
I only turned the telly on 15 minutes ago. England look unstoppable!

I guess your Mrs had finished watching her programmes then !!
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 1, 2017, 9:45pm; Reply: 29

Scotland now desperate for us to beat Slovakia   ;D  
Posted by: moosey_club, September 1, 2017, 10:02pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from promotion plaice

Scotland now desperate for us to beat Slovakia   ;D  

England are desperate to beat Slovakia
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 1, 2017, 10:29pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from ginnywings

Yeah, should have said masochists but it's been a long and tiring week.  :P

Which being a masochist you would have quite enjoyed  ;)
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, September 1, 2017, 10:49pm; Reply: 32
Change to two up front 4-0

FOUR,FOUR FECKING TWO.
Posted by: Maringer, September 2, 2017, 8:44am; Reply: 33
Ridiculous lack of pragmatism from Southgate last night. Stuck with his preferred one up top formation, despite the fact that Malta weren't ever going to do anything but defend in depth and we were then lacking numbers in their box. When we eventually brought on another striker, surprise surprise, we began to stretch them more and found some space.

Not much to add to the Sterling debate - just as when he broke through at Liverpool, he's quick, surprisingly powerful for his size and has decent close control. He still apparently has absolutely idea what to when he receives the ball, especially if he doesn't have much space to work with because he certainly doesn't create space for himself with his movement. The archetypal modern English player - athlete first, footballer a very distant second. See also Walker last night. Lots of running down the line into challenges after overrunning the ball and, the one good bit of play near the end, he hopelessly skewed a shot miles wide when off balance instead of just rolling it to the unmarked Vardy for a tap-in. Fifty million quid? Having a laugh.

I suppose you'd have to credit Alli for setting up our first goal though that was mostly down to Kane's intelligent movement. But for that, Alli did nowt but chip the ball to their keeper on frequent occasions and lose the ball when trying to go past a defender. A very much overrated player for me, especially at international level.
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 2, 2017, 10:28am; Reply: 34
Got back early from holiday to watch this,

After 84 mins I thought what a waste of time then 3 goals in 6 mins,

Southgate has been in touch with New Zealand to see how the All Blacks work,

They have a no dickheads policy,

So why do we have one as manager ?
Print page generated: May 8, 2024, 1:36pm