Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Davec, August 29, 2017, 8:45pm
Don't shoot the messenger
Nor will I reveal my source

But I have heard we will sign Martyn Woolford very soon.

I could be totally wrong but I do believe my source to be genuine.
Posted by: Hagrid, August 29, 2017, 8:48pm; Reply: 1
Would certainly be a good addition, would leave us with 5 wingers though, maybe Slade as unimpressed with Kelly as most of us
Posted by: gtfc98, August 29, 2017, 8:50pm; Reply: 2
Usual nonsense from Aarron.... zzzzzzzzzz
Posted by: headingly_mariner, August 29, 2017, 8:51pm; Reply: 3
Hasn't played a lot in the last couple of seasons. Used to be a really good player, hopefully if he joins us he still is.  
Posted by: LH, August 29, 2017, 8:59pm; Reply: 4
Aaron revealed a signing earlier in the season didn't he? Basically gets a free pass for this one.
Posted by: Davec, August 29, 2017, 9:03pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from LH
Aaron revealed a signing earlier in the season didn't he? Basically gets a free pass for this one.

I mentioned that Jamil Roberts was joining us on trial, when he never played in the game I thought he would I got accused of bull shitting and attention seeker, 2 weeks later Roberts joined us on trial.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, August 29, 2017, 9:04pm; Reply: 6
Funny, I heard the same only last week
Posted by: Davec, August 29, 2017, 9:06pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Could be something in it then, may not be my "usual nonsense" as GTFC98 put it.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, August 29, 2017, 9:09pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Davec

Could be something in it then, may not be my "usual nonsense" as GTFC98 put it.

Aaron, it still could be!
Posted by: Cloudy, August 29, 2017, 9:09pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

You don't half hear a lot in  Gloucestershire  ;D
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, August 29, 2017, 9:10pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Cloudy

Technology is pretty decent round here these days
Posted by: Fat Cobra, August 29, 2017, 9:26pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Cloudy

Cloudy is Woolford's agents bridge partner so until he gives it the green light I'm not giving this a second thought.
Posted by: RichMariner, August 29, 2017, 9:53pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Davec
Don't shoot the messenger

I could be totally wrong

Anyone with any genuine inside info shouldn't need to say the above. If you know it's likely to happen, just say it.

If it doesn't happen, take the criticism on the chin. No point trying to save face because whether you said 'I could be totally wrong' or not, people will still get stuck into you!
Posted by: arryarryarry, August 30, 2017, 11:09am; Reply: 13
Quoted from RichMariner

Anyone with any genuine inside info shouldn't need to say the above. If you know it's likely to happen, just say it.

If it doesn't happen, take the criticism on the chin. No point trying to save face because whether you said 'I could be totally wrong' or not, people will still get stuck into you!

FFS give the lad a break, I have a couple of sources in and around GTFC, sometimes I have posted what I have heard sometimes I haven't and my sources are not always 100% correct.

Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, August 30, 2017, 1:07pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from arryarryarry

FFS give the lad a break, I have a couple of sources in and around GTFC, sometimes I have posted what I have heard sometimes I haven't and my sources are not always 100% correct.

Exactly.... I've criticised Aaron before which I apologise for. He's only passing on what he's heard.

Cheers Aaron!
Posted by: jonnyboy82, August 30, 2017, 2:28pm; Reply: 15
I have heard from my source that apparently I know fvck all .

My source also happens to be my Mrs
Posted by: arryarryarry, August 30, 2017, 2:46pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from jonnyboy82
I have heard from my source that apparently I know fvck all .

I shan't dispute that. ;)
Posted by: RichMariner, August 30, 2017, 3:35pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner

Exactly.... I've criticised Aaron before which I apologise for. He's only passing on what he's heard.

Cheers Aaron!

I wasn't having a go at anyone in particular. The problem I have is that plenty of fans pass on info they've just made up, and it's difficult to separate the wheat from the chaff.

So many people hear so many different things that someone with genuine insight could be wrong and someone who makes things up could strike lucky.
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, August 30, 2017, 6:35pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from RichMariner

I wasn't having a go at anyone in particular. The problem I have is that plenty of fans pass on info they've just made up, and it's difficult to separate the wheat from the chaff.

So many people hear so many different things that someone with genuine insight could be wrong and someone who makes things up could strike lucky.

Absolutely agree mate. There can be genuine information and for one reason or another something could fall through and a deal may not happen. That doesn't make the original information innacuratr or made up.

All that'll happen is that people will stop putting what they hear on here for fear of being abused.

It's difficult to separate the genuine information to the downright lies.
Posted by: Meza, August 30, 2017, 6:38pm; Reply: 19
I dont mind fellow fishy members saying they've heard this and that.  You cant beat a good bit of juicy gossip lol.
Posted by: Henryscat, August 30, 2017, 6:40pm; Reply: 20
I don't believe anything til they've been seen in Millfields
Posted by: Davec, August 30, 2017, 9:02pm; Reply: 21
I've been told the deal for Martyn Woolford should happen, might not necessarily happen tomorrow so it could be similar to Danny Collins who signed after the window closed.
Posted by: Mariner_09, August 30, 2017, 9:03pm; Reply: 22
What are we expecting to happen tomorrow? A midfielder possibly as well?
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, August 31, 2017, 1:44pm; Reply: 23
Slade confirms interest in Martyn Woolford
Posted by: dicko995, August 31, 2017, 1:48pm; Reply: 24
He also confirms Dembele is staying,and going nowhere,thats music to my ears, made my day :)
Posted by: mariner91, August 31, 2017, 1:51pm; Reply: 25
Interesting. He has been an excellent player, certainly far better than L2 but he hasn't played much the last couple of years. Would perhaps add the creative spark we've been missing since Osborne got injured.
Posted by: sam gy, August 31, 2017, 1:58pm; Reply: 26
Can he play in the middle?
Posted by: jonnyboy82, August 31, 2017, 2:05pm; Reply: 27
Woolford is a winger isn't he ?

Good player and if Slade plays him as a winger in a 442 or summat then all good but if he did bring him in and carries on being reluctant to play with wingers then I can't see what the point is .
Posted by: Civvy at last, August 31, 2017, 2:17pm; Reply: 28
What's his disciplinary record like ??  ;)
Posted by: Harry Haddock, August 31, 2017, 2:27pm; Reply: 29
Never been sent off

He may struggle to fit in  :X
Posted by: mariner91, August 31, 2017, 2:40pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Woolford is a winger isn't he ?

Good player and if Slade plays him as a winger in a 442 or summat then all good but if he did bring him in and carries on being reluctant to play with wingers then I can't see what the point is .

He has been playing with wingers! Dembele has played out wide every game and Tombola or Kelly have also been out wide the other side. They are certainly playing as wingers or at least wide midfielders. The issue so far is that we're not playing in a way that allows them to be utlised properly.
Posted by: gtfc98, August 31, 2017, 2:54pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from mariner91

He has been playing with wingers! Dembele has played out wide every game and Tombola or Kelly have also been out wide the other side. They are certainly playing as wingers or at least wide midfielders. The issue so far is that we're not playing in a way that allows them to be utlised properly.

Kelly isn't even a footballer never mind a winger.
Posted by: golfer, August 31, 2017, 7:02pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from RichMariner

It beggars belief that someone on the Fishy would make something up--now come on !
Posted by: chaos33, August 31, 2017, 7:29pm; Reply: 33
We play with 'wingers' but we smash long balls over their heads and expect them to somehow get in the game and create something without ever actually passing them the ball in space.
Posted by: Hagrid, August 31, 2017, 9:32pm; Reply: 34
Telegraph announce it before the club
Posted by: Davec, August 31, 2017, 9:32pm; Reply: 35
Clearly not bullshit from me GTFC98???
Posted by: Abdul19, August 31, 2017, 9:32pm; Reply: 36
Aaron's on fire!

I've no idea where this bloke's been for the last couple of years, I should really look him up on a popular Internet encyclopedia.
Posted by: Hagrid, August 31, 2017, 9:34pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from Davec
Clearly not bullshit from me GTFC98???

Now now aaron noone likes a bad winner  ;)
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, August 31, 2017, 9:36pm; Reply: 38
And no one likes to give the kid a load of crap when he was clearly correct...
Posted by: Stew0_0, August 31, 2017, 9:37pm; Reply: 39
Good signing imo. 50 odd goals in 300 appearances in his career and always above league two. Should add much needed creativity to the side. Well done town
Posted by: ginnywings, August 31, 2017, 9:39pm; Reply: 40
Got a full sleeve tat, so a proper footballer.  :)
Posted by: Hagrid, August 31, 2017, 9:40pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
And no one likes to give the kid a load of crap when he was clearly correct...

It was a joke.
Posted by: mariner91, August 31, 2017, 9:43pm; Reply: 42
RS regretting Kelly? Has taken him off at half time in half the league games he's played and we now have 5 wingers...
Posted by: HertsGTFC, August 31, 2017, 9:48pm; Reply: 43
If he's fit enough to make an instant impact then he looks like a decent addition

All we need now is for the ball playing CMs to get fit and the defenders to stop punting it long and bypassing the mid field and we could actually get to see some shots on goal.
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, August 31, 2017, 9:49pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from mariner91
RS regretting Kelly? Has taken him off at half time in half the league games he's played and we now have 5 wingers...

Possibly, he's quite inexperienced for a 23 year old, might have some raw talent that shows when the pressures off but not doing it on the pitch, was a gamble but as its not paid off so far hes gone for a solid reliable signing who maybe we didnt look like getting earlier in the window
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 31, 2017, 9:49pm; Reply: 45

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2017/august/woolford-becomes-a-mariner/
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, August 31, 2017, 9:51pm; Reply: 46
Could we be offloading Kelly on a season long loan somewhere?
Posted by: MuddyWaters, August 31, 2017, 10:00pm; Reply: 47
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
Could we be offloading Kelly on a season long loan somewhere?

We need to get some off the payroll surely unless Fenty has won the Lottery......
Posted by: denni266, August 31, 2017, 10:29pm; Reply: 48
Seriously need to off load a few ,, not fair on players to be sitting around,, they need to be playing  for there sake
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, August 31, 2017, 10:31pm; Reply: 49
Amazing what reaches Gloucestershire!
Posted by: Abdul19, August 31, 2017, 10:39pm; Reply: 50
Can conference/conference n/s clubs sign players on loan outside the window? I can see a few of our players going to Nuneaton/Harrogate/Lands End if so.
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 1:31pm