Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Hagrid, July 27, 2017, 3:07pm
Not playing saturday- maybe he is on the move? hope we've got a sell on clause thats a whopper
Posted by: mariner91, July 27, 2017, 3:09pm; Reply: 1
He's injured?
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 27, 2017, 3:18pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from mariner91
He's injured?

He played in their last friendly so must have got injured again then.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, July 27, 2017, 3:23pm; Reply: 3
Mansfield are rumoured to be trying to sign him...
Posted by: Abdul19, July 27, 2017, 3:30pm; Reply: 4
He was looking forward to Saturday's game, yesterday, so maybe he got injured today? https://www.wiganathletic.com/news/2017/july/omar-bogle-looking-forward-to-completing-pre-season-against-former-club/

(also note exciting date of birth news)
Posted by: Cloudy, July 27, 2017, 3:38pm; Reply: 5
OPR interested as are Ipswich evidently. Mansfield move sounds far fetched to me
Posted by: pontoonlew, July 27, 2017, 3:50pm; Reply: 6
Bogle has liked a tweet linking him to Ipswich and Mick McCarthy has indicated they're due to sign a striker.
Posted by: Simariner, July 27, 2017, 3:58pm; Reply: 7
Very much doubt he is injured.  As he would of said.

More likely sorting out a move to somewhere in L1 or the Championship.
Posted by: jimgtfc, July 27, 2017, 4:49pm; Reply: 8
Ok, long winded theory based on absolutely nothing whatsoever but here goes...

Town know that a deal for Bogle to leave Wigan is imminent, there's a sell on clause in place so we will be due a percentage of whatever fee they get. Maybe we have a top striker lined up that we will be paying a fee for, but need the sell on clause to facilitate it. Hence the lack of a current number 9. The same could also be said about a new left back, with RS getting trialists in to have a look just in case, or possibly just to fill the position to save having to play our own players out of position during pre season.

Just a theory but possible.
Posted by: TheGoalKipper, July 27, 2017, 4:59pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from jimgtfc

Town know that a deal for Bogle to leave Wigan is imminent, there's a sell on clause in place so we will be due a percentage of whatever fee they get. Maybe we have a top striker lined up that we will be paying a fee for, but need the sell on clause to facilitate it. Hence the lack of a current number 9. The same could also be said about a new left back, with RS getting trialists in to have a look just in case, or possibly just to fill the position to save having to play our own players out of position during pre season.

Ive always thought with sell on clauses the original club would only get a % of the profit that e.g.Wigan made. i.e. if we sold him to Wigan for £1M and they sold him to QPR for £1.5 M we may get 20% of £500,00 which is £100,000 so im not expecting too much. They may just want their money back
Posted by: grimsby pete, July 27, 2017, 5:07pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from TheGoalKipper

Ive always thought with sell on clauses the original club would only get a % of the profit that e.g.Wigan made. i.e. if we sold him to Wigan for £1M and they sold him to QPR for £1.5 M we may get 20% of £500,00 which is £100,000 so im not expecting too much. They may just want their money back

It all depends on how the contract is worded,

When we sold Ryan Bennett to Peterboro  we thought we had some add ons due when he left,

They did not agree so we got nothing.
Posted by: Abdul19, July 27, 2017, 5:16pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from grimsby pete

It all depends on how the contract is worded,

When we sold Ryan Bennett to Peterboro  we thought we had some add ons due when he left,

They did not agree so we got nothing.

That's not true though. The sell on clause was as normal. The bit we got nothing for sounded like a bit of a punt, to be honest.

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2014/november/club-statement---ryan-bennett-transfer/
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 27, 2017, 5:44pm; Reply: 12

Taken from the.....  Vital Wigan Forum -

With the news that shithouse Bogle has posted on twitter that he won't be playing on Saturday and the rumour that QPR and Ipswich are hovering we dont need to buy another striker, Lang's got a bit about him and has shown loads of potential in the friendlies.
Show carthorse Bogle the door we dont need him! He's bloody hopeless just like the useless pr**k that signed him!

http://www.wigan.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/forum-view.asp?fid=5
Posted by: TheGoalKipper, July 27, 2017, 5:52pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from promotion plaice

Taken from the.....  Vital Wigan Forum -

With the news that shithouse Bogle has posted on twitter that he won't be playing on Saturday and the rumour that QPR and Ipswich are hovering we dont need to buy another striker, Lang's got a bit about him and has shown loads of potential in the friendlies.
Show carthorse Bogle the door we dont need him! He's bloody hopeless just like the useless pr**k that signed him!

http://www.wigan.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/forum-view.asp?fid=5

Not exactly an endorsement of his cotribution to Wigan. If he's been that bad why is anybody interested in him?

Posted by: Southwark Mariner, July 27, 2017, 7:18pm; Reply: 14
If you read the comments after on the Wigan forum you'll see the original poster is a known "character".
Posted by: golfer, July 27, 2017, 7:53pm; Reply: 15
Ipswich=£800K
Posted by: Meza, July 27, 2017, 8:01pm; Reply: 16
so we get a little bit of cash based on the sell on but lose all the other add ons (if any existed) cos the contract is between GTFC and WA not GTFC and Ipswich e.g..
Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 27, 2017, 8:25pm; Reply: 17
If Golfer is right we might get nothing or sodomist all depending on the original fee.
Posted by: grimsby pete, July 27, 2017, 8:28pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from KingstonMariner
If Golfer is right we might get nothing or sodomist all depending on the original fee.

Don't believe anything golfer says ,

Sorry golfer   ;)
Posted by: Meza, July 27, 2017, 8:37pm; Reply: 19
Rumour is Bogle > QPR season loan
Posted by: golfer, July 27, 2017, 8:39pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from grimsby pete

Don't believe anything golfer says ,

Sorry golfer   ;)

Wait and see-Mick McCarthy is my grandson
Posted by: grimsby pete, July 27, 2017, 8:45pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from golfer

That's a darn lie because Mick is my best mate and he comes round ours for drinks every week.(wine)(wine)
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, July 27, 2017, 8:45pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from golfer

Well that would make Golfer about 110 years old???
Posted by: grimsby pete, July 27, 2017, 8:50pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from IlkleyMariner

He is   ;)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 27, 2017, 8:54pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from IlkleyMariner

And Irish?
Posted by: Teesknees, July 27, 2017, 9:04pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from golfer

Fuc  me how old are you ?

It's more like Mick McManus!

Posted by: golfer, July 27, 2017, 9:14pm; Reply: 26
Im 109 -our kids 114 and fought alongside Michael Caine in Zulu land- and you can shut up Pete-you young whippersnapper
Posted by: Fat Cobra, July 27, 2017, 9:32pm; Reply: 27
Umbongo
Posted by: GollyGTFC, July 27, 2017, 10:25pm; Reply: 28

And Irish?

You mean from Barnsley?
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, July 27, 2017, 10:53pm; Reply: 29

And Irish?

Roy Keane knew all you needed to know about that.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 27, 2017, 11:15pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from GollyGTFC

You mean from Barnsley?

Via Barnsley. There must be some Irish in him. The old Jack Charlton era pint of Guinness story isn't quite true.
Posted by: Spidey, July 28, 2017, 12:45pm; Reply: 31
Been put up for sale as "he doesn't fit in with Wigan's style of play" There wanting £800,000 for him, so no buy on profit for us.
Posted by: bobbyturtle, July 28, 2017, 1:08pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from Spidey
Been put up for sale as "he doesn't fit in with Wigan's style of play" There wanting £800,000 for him, so no buy on profit for us.

Doesn't every style of play require a goalscorer
Posted by: forza ivano, July 28, 2017, 1:08pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from jimgtfc

think that's a perfectly plausible scenario - RS has been doing this job a long time, he knows how the game's played
Posted by: itsnotcoditshaddock, July 28, 2017, 1:12pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from Spidey

Do we definitely know the clause we have regarding sell on fee? Anyone who's played Football Manager will know there are two types:
1) Percentage of any sold price
2) Percentage of the profit on sold price

Which do we have?
Posted by: Abdul19, July 28, 2017, 2:00pm; Reply: 35
If that fee's right it could be an absolute bargain for Brentford or whoever.
Posted by: 935 (Guest), July 28, 2017, 2:38pm; Reply: 36
Check out his twitter... Probably means nothing at all but he has changed his photos from Wigan Colours back to the Mariners!!!!
  https://twitter.com/OmarBogle9/
Posted by: gtfc98, July 28, 2017, 2:42pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from 935
Check out his twitter... Probably means nothing at all but he has changed his photos from Wigan Colours back to the Mariners!!!!

I think it's fairly safe to say he won't be coming back here! Can't believe Wigan want rid though, absolute madness.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, July 28, 2017, 2:43pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from 935

If only!

Won't happen but would "raise the hairs on the back of my neck"!!

BTW are we sure it s a percentage of profit as usually it a percentage of sell on.............Has anyone confirmed its profit?
Posted by: GYRanger, July 28, 2017, 2:48pm; Reply: 39
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/206078/bogle-@-5-2-on-skybet-to-join-the-rs/#7

this on QPR Forum.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, July 28, 2017, 5:37pm; Reply: 40
He'd be mad to join QPRse
Posted by: marinerrick, July 30, 2017, 10:02am; Reply: 41
Would be good business if he to come back to town. Win.win situation for us
Posted by: mimma, July 30, 2017, 10:12am; Reply: 42
We couldn't afford his wages
Posted by: marinerrick, July 30, 2017, 10:20am; Reply: 43
Lets assume we sold him for more than 800k. We have made money. We buy him 800k and then get sell on clause. Money available for wages. Hence win win.
Posted by: arryarryarry, July 30, 2017, 3:32pm; Reply: 44
My understanding is he has probably told Wigan, after getting a move to a championship club, he doesn't want to play in League 1.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, July 30, 2017, 5:05pm; Reply: 45
Let's be right about this, there was many a game that Omar played for Omar. No mistake, he's a talented footballer but many of his goals were all about him and he made very few for others.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, July 30, 2017, 5:13pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Let's be right about this, there was many a game that Omar played for Omar. No mistake, he's a talented footballer but many of his goals were all about him and he made very few for others.

Yeah many of his 23 goals in 26 league games  ;D

He was a total handful in that first half of the season and his all round game was excellent. Everything good that we did came through him.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, July 30, 2017, 5:18pm; Reply: 47
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Like many strikers especially developing one assists where not his strong point but I remember the season we came up at Welling where I think Podge got a hat trick with a couple made by Omar, similar when we beat Lincoln at home and he crossed in after turning their RB for Podge to finish. Once he became the lead striker then yes he became more selfish but did deliver in goals scored.  
Posted by: MuddyWaters, July 30, 2017, 5:27pm; Reply: 48
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Yeah many of his 23 goals in 26 league games  ;D

He was a total handful in that first half of the season and his all round game was excellent. Everything good that we did came through him.

Exactly the point I'm making. Very talented striker but I still don't think of him as a team player and, for that reason, can understand why some managers don't fancy him.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, July 30, 2017, 6:24pm; Reply: 49
Hindsight is a wonderful thing no doubt Omar see Wigan as the next step up he certainly did not deserve abuse like the post from a WIGAN FAN? He still scored goals for them. Wigan don't deserve him to say he was not a team player is bull crap he made more assists than goals whilst here.
Posted by: SteffiMariner, July 30, 2017, 7:31pm; Reply: 50
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Exactly the point I'm making. Very talented striker but I still don't think of him as a team player and, for that reason, can understand why some managers don't fancy him.

Michael Owen wasn't a 'team player' but I'd have had him in my team when he was fit.
Print page generated: May 2, 2024, 2:19pm