Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: tintowner, July 14, 2017, 6:27pm
Forgive me if this has already been discussed but........

about a couple of weeks ago I could log into this using my Mariners Player login details ( still/was paying £4.99 a month).

I have just attempted to login again, and it doesn't recognise my details.

Do I need to re-register for this?
Will they still take the monthly subscription for the old Mariners Player? ( you just know it will happen)

Can anybody enlighten me

cheers

Posted by: BeijingMariner, July 14, 2017, 6:39pm; Reply: 1
i pay a yearly subscription so I wrote and asked what would happen, they said my subscription would be full until it runs out naturally. I am guessing that the monthly situation is different. Not sure if registration and subscription are different or not but I reckon for sure you will need a new subscription.ifollow@efl.com was the address I wrote to, they replied quite quickly and actually were quite helpful.
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 14, 2017, 6:39pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from tintowner
Forgive me if this has already been discussed but........

about a couple of weeks ago I could log into this using my Mariners Player login details ( still/was paying £4.99 a month).

I have just attempted to login again, and it doesn't recognise my details.

Do I need to re-register for this?
Will they still take the monthly subscription for the old Mariners Player? ( you just know it will happen)

Can anybody enlighten me

cheers

It wouldn't recognise my login details so I email iFollow support on iFollow@efl.com and they sent me a temporary password to login with and then I could change my password to whatever I wanted.

I can log in fine now but my subscription has ran out now and as far as I can see there is only the option to pay yearly now.
Posted by: moosey_club, July 14, 2017, 7:02pm; Reply: 3
my annual subscription runs til mid August and it works ok for me currently.
Posted by: Meza, July 15, 2017, 11:36am; Reply: 4
Ok maybe someone can point me in tbe right direction.  When IFollow was announced i could log in using my MP credentials but now i cant.  I haven't signed up yet but ive noticed im still being charged for MP.  

Going to cancel the direct debit.  Has anyone else been charged for a service you can no longer use?
Posted by: samg, July 15, 2017, 11:42am; Reply: 5
I got charged mezza so I emailed them and they refunded the amount
Posted by: Meza, July 15, 2017, 12:26pm; Reply: 6
Ah ok thanks samg.  Do you have their email by any chance...just saves me looking for it 😁
Posted by: samg, July 15, 2017, 12:28pm; Reply: 7
finance@EFL.com
Posted by: Meza, July 15, 2017, 1:06pm; Reply: 8
Thanks samg
Posted by: tintowner, July 19, 2017, 1:04pm; Reply: 9
Just been charged the monthly subscription of £4-99 and I am unable to access the site with my old MP details. An email requesting a refund to be Sent then.
Posted by: Spidey, July 19, 2017, 3:16pm; Reply: 10
I see it's £110 for overseas coverage, which I believe may work with a VPN. Does anyone know this yet, or are we having to wait till the live coverage starts to find out. I'm guessing with the monthly £4-99 subscription we will be getting the same content that we got with Mariner Player, minus the live coverage obviously?
Can someone confirm this, thanks?
Posted by: TheGoalKipper, July 19, 2017, 4:41pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Spidey
I see it's £110 for overseas coverage, which I believe may work with a VPN. Does anyone know this yet, or are we having to wait till the live coverage starts to find out. I'm guessing with the monthly £4-99 subscription we will be getting the same content that we got with Mariner Player, minus the live coverage obviously?
Can someone confirm this, thanks?

Have any of our overseas fans got on it yet.

Im not sure if this VPN will necessarily work. Im sure the supplier will be doing their bet to prevent its use.

Posted by: Mariner93er, July 19, 2017, 4:54pm; Reply: 12
It does, although it will look incredibly suspicious if you use a English bank account to pay for it.
Posted by: MarinerBen, July 19, 2017, 5:25pm; Reply: 13
I used my VPN whilst logging on and it gave me the option to pay $140 for HD Live Video. Many expats still have UK banks so it's not entirely suspicious at all.
Posted by: Mariner93er, July 19, 2017, 5:30pm; Reply: 14
That is true, but it's definitely an indicator which they will surely utilise.
Posted by: gtfckyle, July 20, 2017, 10:03am; Reply: 15
I can remember seeing on the EFL website under the FAQs about if you go on holiday etc.. It said something along the lines of you can pay the £110 subscription to watch the games whilst abroad but once you return to the UK it's back to commentary. So absolutely no grounds to remove your access because you're using a UK bank account.
Posted by: ginnywings, July 20, 2017, 10:31am; Reply: 16
They are a business and i doubt they are going to turn away your money because it comes from a UK bank account. I doubt they'll care.
Posted by: TheGoalKipper, July 20, 2017, 11:00am; Reply: 17
Quoted from ginnywings
They are a business and i doubt they are going to turn away your money because it comes from a UK bank account. I doubt they'll care.

Surely if people can see their team play away on Ifollow for E140 pa a lot of people wont travel to away games and on a wet night not go to BP? That will affect clubs income. The Company administering it will only be bothered by their % but you would expect the clubs to have told them to find a way of blocking them. If the clubs think the income lost is too much to get a few Euros they will pull the plug do there is an incentive for the company running it to block the fans in the UK from viewing matches live.

Posted by: Tradjazz, July 21, 2017, 2:48pm; Reply: 18
Using my VPN it asks for 130 euro.
Turning it off it drops to £45.
Therefore as long as you use the same VPN and IP address there is no reason to not receive the games by live video feed.
Going to wait to see the quality first as Mariner player last year was poor.

:) :) ??) ??) :X
Posted by: Mariner93er, July 21, 2017, 2:59pm; Reply: 19
That's because you're signing up for a different package. If you turned the vpn on, it wouldn't let you watch the games unless you upgraded.
Posted by: The Grim Reaper, July 21, 2017, 6:52pm; Reply: 20
This guy got an overseas one but he lives in Bulgaria https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2017/july/ad-gets-his-half-price-town-shirt/
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 4:16am