Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: MARINERSMAN22, May 29, 2017, 5:01pm
I am hoping to gain some understanding of what small business owners spend most of their money on (in terms of third party things, like banners, flags, other promotional bits; as well as advice services and the like)?

Thanks
Will
Posted by: psgmariner, May 29, 2017, 6:14pm; Reply: 1
DM me.

It all varies from business to business so not sure what help I will be.
Posted by: GtfcGarner, May 29, 2017, 6:15pm; Reply: 2
I can also answer a few questions if you drop me a message.
Posted by: sutton mariner, May 29, 2017, 6:57pm; Reply: 3
Yes, ping me an email hello@jackspring.co.uk. I own a couple of businesses in different sectors - all relatively small in size. More than happy to have a chat.
Posted by: MARINERSMAN22, May 29, 2017, 7:04pm; Reply: 4
Thanks guys
Posted by: realist, May 29, 2017, 7:26pm; Reply: 5
We spend as little as possible.
There is a whole industry built up on promoting/advertising small businesses, and most of them charge eye watering amounts for their services. The best results come from getting a mention in local and national press and magazines. This is generally free if you send them a sample and a bit of publicity material, they are always looking for stuff to fill their pages.
Posted by: forza ivano, May 30, 2017, 10:36am; Reply: 6
diifficult to give any advice without knowing what sector you're in. i generally think word of mouth (and that can include things like facebook) is obviously very cost effective but is a great way to grow organically. i run a pretty successful small agency for a bloke who's well respected and i've hardly made a sales call in 20 years of being here.it all comes in by word of mouth. other agencies are just as successful with all sorts of promotional gifts, days out, meals etc etc
Posted by: MARINERSMAN22, May 30, 2017, 3:10pm; Reply: 7
I hope you all got my messages and I have emailed you but my email may get stuck in your spam filter as we've had trouble with that aha thanks again
Print page generated: May 6, 2024, 5:29pm