Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Laddy89, May 19, 2017, 12:01pm
Anyone got any gossip on this.... Lincoln have been advised not to comment on something that has happened which made Wood not available for the last match, nor was he on the open top bus promotion parade.

What's gone on there? Hope he's not in trouble with the police for anything weird
Posted by: fishyfan, May 19, 2017, 12:12pm; Reply: 1
i know a lincoln fan from work apparently he has been done for drink driving.

It was the night after a night out though the next day he got caught.

Still classed as drink drivng but not intentionally.
Posted by: Stew0_0, May 19, 2017, 12:13pm; Reply: 2
Allegedly..... Caught drink driving couple of days before top bus tour and wont be offered a new contract either
Posted by: FishFan101, May 19, 2017, 1:04pm; Reply: 3
http://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/lincoln-city-player-convicted-of-drink-driving/story-30225929-detail/story.html

Newspaper article of him being caught drink driving.

Rumour has it he continued to drive his children to school after being banned whilst pending disqualification.
Posted by: Chrisblor, May 19, 2017, 1:33pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from grimsby pete

A bit harsh if that is all to it,

There are plenty of people who do that on a regular basis,

Of course there are degrees of being over the limit,

If it was massively over that is a different story than being just over.

So he was massively over or there was more to it,

Maybe we will find out when he goes to court,

Sad really, although not the best technical player I loved his 100% commitment he showed on the pitch.

If you're over the limit, you're over the limit. There's no excuse for drink driving, full stop.

Posted by: LH, May 19, 2017, 1:46pm; Reply: 5
Just when you think you've read it all on here people are saying there are varying degrees of drink driving.
Posted by: Posh Harry, May 19, 2017, 1:47pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from grimsby pete

A bit harsh if that is all to it,

There are plenty of people who do that on a regular basis,

Of course there are degrees of being over the limit,

If it was massively over that is a different story than being just over.

So he was massively over or there was more to it,

Maybe we will find out when he goes to court,

Sad really, although not the best technical player I loved his 100% commitment he showed on the pitch.

Sorry Pete. I usually like your posts and also agree with many but feel you are way off the mark with this one.

'Sorry that your child is dead sir, but the driver was only just over the limit so he was a bit unlucky' is not going to stick.

As per Chrisblor, if you are over the limit then you are over the limit. No excuses.
Posted by: Meza, May 19, 2017, 1:51pm; Reply: 7
Its not the drink driving.  That's got nothing to do with the FA.
Posted by: topuphere666, May 19, 2017, 2:04pm; Reply: 8
Allegedly he was betting on himself getting booked.
Posted by: ivanosandwich, May 19, 2017, 3:26pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from topuphere666
Allegedly he was betting on himself getting booked.

He would have made more money if he bet on himself not to get booked.
Posted by: grimsby pete, May 19, 2017, 5:04pm; Reply: 10
I think I should explain my last post,

I am not condoning drink driving , what I did say if he was only a little over to lose his job was harsh,

If he was massively over it was a different matter,

All the ones who are saying if you are over the limit he was over the limit are right but how many posters on here have had a drink the previous evening and have got in their car the next morning thinking I am ok it would have past out my system by now,

Unless you have a breath test you could be so wrong,

So I am not defending him just saying about him losing his job.
Posted by: grimsby pete, May 19, 2017, 5:13pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from LH
Just when you think you've read it all on here people are saying there are varying degrees of drink driving.

I did not say that at all, what I was referring to was him losing his job,

The law is the law and he will be dealt with by them,

BUT

Losing your job as well IF he was only slightly over and if he was unaware was a bit harsh,

Losing his licence and a heavy fine is enough don't you think ?

Unless of course he knew he was over THEN he deserved to lose his job as well,

I hope I have explained myself better,

I have never drove my car or lorry or Bus when I have had a drink and if I was driving the next morning I would never have a drink the night before.

Posted by: mariner83, May 19, 2017, 5:36pm; Reply: 12
Sorry GrimsbyPete 49 in 100 the following day is not just a little bit over imho :-/
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 19, 2017, 5:40pm; Reply: 13
Pete, your 5 - 0 down at half time with this one so I would look to take a strategy of damage limitation if I was you otherwise people might think you where still living in the 1970s
Posted by: grimsby pete, May 19, 2017, 5:41pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from mariner83
Sorry GrimsbyPete 49 in 100 the following day is not just a little bit over imho :-/

I agree it is not,

Again I was talking him losing his job NOT defending him about drink driving
Posted by: LH, May 19, 2017, 5:42pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from grimsby pete

I did not say that at all, what I was referring to was him losing his job,

"Of course there are degrees of being over the limit"

From your now deleted post. That's exactly what you said.
Posted by: mariner91, May 19, 2017, 5:56pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from grimsby pete

I agree it is not,

Again I was talking him losing his job NOT defending him about drink driving

A lot of people would lose their jobs if they were convicted of drink driving.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, May 19, 2017, 6:40pm; Reply: 17
Lets just put this one to bed ANYBODY charged/convicted of drink driving today can expect the full force of the law and all that entails and rightly so.

In my old job a man was convicted of being over the limit near a school the case was put out in the paper and his name and place of work mentioned he too had been drinking the previous day he was sacked with immediate effect.

Many if not all company's take a very dim view of been linked to  drink driving  offender.
Posted by: mariner tommy, May 19, 2017, 6:44pm; Reply: 18
I think what HertsGTFC is saying Pete is put the shovel down !

UTM
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 19, 2017, 6:51pm; Reply: 19
Exactly!
Posted by: Pogo, May 19, 2017, 7:23pm; Reply: 20
I've heard the same regarding getting booked deliberately against arsenal...doesn't mean it's true obviously ..
Posted by: Chris Packit, May 19, 2017, 7:31pm; Reply: 21
Now tarnishing the Cowley's whiter than white image really is a hanging offence. They're all about image.
Posted by: Mariner_09, May 19, 2017, 8:23pm; Reply: 22
Now it's clearer why he was boasting about looking forward to clattering Sanchez.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, May 19, 2017, 8:28pm; Reply: 23
If it was to be true he'd be looking at a very, very long ban. That would be more than betting on a game you're involved in and would be match/spot- fixing. Barton got 18 months for the former so.........If it's true obviously, which it may not be.
Posted by: LH, May 19, 2017, 8:40pm; Reply: 24
If he pleads guilty he might just be able to take the points on his licence and do a course.
Posted by: topuphere666, May 19, 2017, 8:54pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from LH
If he pleads guilty he might just be able to take the points on his licence and do a course.

Only in Pete's world.
Posted by: golfer, May 20, 2017, 6:54am; Reply: 26
Quoted from Mariner_09
Now it's clearer why he was boasting about looking forward to clattering Sanchez.

Sorry but if you want to post on here you have to get your facts right-the truth is it was on the A46 on his way back to tell Cowley that he had just become Slades first "secret"signing' He was that elated after being told that he was to be converted to a" centre half" he had a celebratory advocaat and pomegranate .
Posted by: Garth, May 20, 2017, 8:41am; Reply: 27
Quoted from golfer

Sorry but if you want to post on here you have to get your facts right-the truth is it was on the A46 on his way back to tell Cowley that he had just become Slades first "secret"signing' He was that elated after being told that he was to be converted to a" centre half" he had a celebratory advocaat and pomegranate .

Put that wacky baccy away ;D
Posted by: grimsby pete, May 21, 2017, 1:06pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from LH

Now who is talking crap ?
Posted by: LH, May 21, 2017, 1:52pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from grimsby pete

Now who is talking crap ?

I was referring to the FA investigation but this wasn't very clear although I've not deleted it because it got a few red crosses because I'm not pathetic like some. I might post some excrement but at least I'm fully aware that I do!
Posted by: grimsby pete, May 21, 2017, 3:54pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from LH

I was referring to the FA investigation but this wasn't very clear although I've not deleted it because it got a few red crosses because I'm not pathetic like some. I might post some excrement but at least I'm fully aware that I do!

You really do not like me do you ?

What have I ever done to you,?

BTW   I took my post down because I did not word it correctly,

Posters like you thought I was referring to the amount he had to drink but my thoughts was him losing his job that was harsh,

It turns out he was not a little over the limit he was well over the morning after so he deserves all he gets,

BUT

I have said this before a lot of [posters on here could be over the limit the morning after even you,

That's why I never drink if I am driving the following morning,

Anyway I come on here for a laugh and talk about the club I love not to fall out with strangers,

So if its ok with you we should bury the hatchet all right ?
Posted by: LH, May 21, 2017, 8:36pm; Reply: 31
I think you've taken this far too personally, Pete. There was a post above yours with an equally stupid comment about it not being intentional drink driving because he'd drank the night before. I remarked about "people" thinking as though there was some type of degree system of DD and you replied to it thinking I was commenting on yours.

I know we've had a run in in the past about other stuff but believe me I am not singling you out and I do pick up on others comments too (one about journeymen yesterday as an example). Hope we can put this behind us and move on.
Posted by: grimsby pete, May 22, 2017, 9:18am; Reply: 32
Quoted from LH
I think you've taken this far too personally, Pete. There was a post above yours with an equally stupid comment about it not being intentional drink driving because he'd drank the night before. I remarked about "people" thinking as though there was some type of degree system of DD and you replied to it thinking I was commenting on yours.

I know we've had a run in in the past about other stuff but believe me I am not singling you out and I do pick up on others comments too (one about journeymen yesterday as an example). Hope we can put this behind us and move on.

I have forgotten about it already mate.UTM
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, May 22, 2017, 10:23am; Reply: 33
Quoted from grimsby pete

That's an age thing though Pete isn't it? 😉
Posted by: Ipswin, May 22, 2017, 10:35am; Reply: 34
Quoted from grimsby pete

For fuks sake get a room you two

Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 11:34am