Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, May 19, 2017, 9:30am
http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/news/15292136.Train_to_be_named_after_Hornets_legend_Graham_Taylor/

London Midland will be renaming one of their class 350 trains "Graham Taylor OBE".
Posted by: Perkins, May 19, 2017, 11:36am; Reply: 1
Nice tribute, although no doubt when that noble organ of fine journalism The Sun report on it, they will call it "The Turnip Express"
Posted by: Garth, May 19, 2017, 11:54am; Reply: 2
Great touch to remember a very nice bloke Graham, lets hope they don`t paint it orange:-

"Do I not like Orange"
Posted by: Mallyner, May 19, 2017, 3:17pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Southwark Mariner
http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/news/15292136.Train_to_be_named_after_Hornets_legend_Graham_Taylor/

London Midland will be renaming one of their class 350 trains "Graham Taylor OBE".

Am I 'chuffed' about that?

I certainly am.  :)

Posted by: GrimExile, May 19, 2017, 3:48pm; Reply: 4
I met him when he came to GTFC for a dinner organised by the Trust to raise funds for the youth set up. He was the main speaker and I'm sure many of you were there that night. What a genuine and lovely man. I had quite a chat to him and he was friendly, wanted to chat and very knowledgeable. I fine human being and I'm so pleased that a train is being named after him. I bet he's smiling up there just thinking about it.
Posted by: Posh Harry, May 19, 2017, 6:04pm; Reply: 5
I caught a couple of minutes the other day of a programme about a guy who restores train station buildings and he said one of his regular visitors was Graham Taylor who was into trains. If I hadn't seen that then to be honest this would have seemed random, but as well as a football man through and through he obviously loved his trains, so this is a brilliant gesture.

I hope he is looking down on us all with that massive smile on his face.
Print page generated: April 24, 2024, 10:40am