Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Civvy at last, May 18, 2017, 10:34pm
We were always going to have players leaving that for various reasons we would like to have kept.  But let's wait and see who comes in as well before we moan.

Personally, I believe Shaun could most definitely have played a big role for us next season.  But I am not privy to what he wanted, or what we offered. I also (for a change) don't blame the GTFC PR department (if such a thing actually exists).
Shaun's statement (I believe) was unfortunately worded. No formal contract may have been offered. But this was probably due to the fact that negotiations had reached the point of no return. Doesn't mean he was always going to be released.
At the moment I am disappointed the way things are going.
But until I see the starting squad for next season I'm keeping my hands off the panic button. UTM
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, May 18, 2017, 10:36pm; Reply: 1
A very sensible comment & post, you sir have no place on the Fishy as you remain far too calm in a crisis!!!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 18, 2017, 10:55pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
A very sensible comment & post, you sir have no place on the Fishy as you remain far too calm in a crisis!!!

He's been like that ever since Trafalgar.
Posted by: Civvy at last, May 18, 2017, 10:58pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from KingstonMariner

He's been like that ever since Trafalgar.

I was just a sprog then  ;)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 18, 2017, 11:02pm; Reply: 4
Pull the other one. I heard you were at Quiberon Bay.
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, May 18, 2017, 11:24pm; Reply: 5
Pull the other one. I heard you were at Quiberon Bay.

You're forgetting the support he gave Vernon at Porto Bello!
Posted by: Chris Packit, May 18, 2017, 11:29pm; Reply: 6
When all our other strikers were injured?
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, May 18, 2017, 11:45pm; Reply: 7
The problem with social media, including the Fishy, is that the well researched considered posts gets as much credence as the unintelligible crass drunken posturing rubbish.

I will leave readers to comment about which camp this post is in.

However, one thing is for sure, the average fan does not have the facts/costs/personal aspirations etc of all of our current and future players to make a sensible judgement about transfer policy.

The success of Russell Slade and the team will be measured by success on the field, not on social media.
Posted by: forza ivano, May 18, 2017, 11:56pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Civvy at last
We were always going to have players leaving that for various reasons we would like to have kept.  But let's wait and see who comes in as well before we moan.

Personally, I believe Shaun could most definitely have played a big role for us next season.  But I am not privy to what he wanted, or what we offered. I also (for a change) don't blame the GTFC PR department (if such a thing actually exists).
Shaun's statement (I believe) was unfortunately worded. No formal contract may have been offered. But this was probably due to the fact that negotiations had reached the point of no return. Doesn't mean he was always going to be released.
But until I see the starting squad for next season I'm keeping my hands off the panic button. UTM

A quite ridiculous post. You haven't even mentioned the fact that saint Shaun has been shafted by the satanic duo of slade and fenty. Please stop trying to be sensible and reasonable when we all know that the end of the world is nigh and that without the beckenbauer like presence of Pearson we are destined to descend into the flames of non league hell
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 19, 2017, 12:03am; Reply: 9
Quoted from Southwark Mariner

You're forgetting the support he gave Vernon at Porto Bello!

Did Jenkins ever get his ear back? (I assume you don't mean Civvy saw Scott score.)
Posted by: Civvy at last, May 19, 2017, 6:01am; Reply: 10

Did Jenkins ever get his ear back? (I assume you don't mean Civvy saw Scott score.)

Yes mate he did. I was duty first aider 🤕
Posted by: golfer, May 19, 2017, 7:33am; Reply: 11

So that was what Hurst was doing.
Posted by: malkamalka, May 19, 2017, 8:41am; Reply: 12
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
However, one thing is for sure, the average fan does not have the facts/costs/personal aspirations etc of all of our current and future players to make a sensible judgement about transfer policy.

Indeed - in the words of Dr Robert Wyatt of Louth:

"What kind of spider understands arachnophobia?"

Posted by: Civvy at last, May 19, 2017, 8:56am; Reply: 13
Quoted from malkamalka

Indeed - in the words of Dr Robert Wyatt of Louth:

"What kind of spider understands arachnophobia?"

One that is paranoid??  ;D
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, May 19, 2017, 9:09am; Reply: 14

One that is paranoid??  ;D

"Infamy, Infamy, they've all got it infamy." ;)
Posted by: diehardmariner, May 19, 2017, 9:44am; Reply: 15

Excellent post.  I think it’s important to remember how highly thought of Shaun is by pretty much the entire fan base and emotions are bound to be raw at this news.

Whilst I completely agree that we need to see what squad is in place for next season, hell even give them time to play a few games first, before we make judgements it's the way this has come about that sticks in my throat.

We've seen this before where a very popular player leaves and the club try to hang them out to dry, leaving suggestions of greed in there.  Won't surprise me at all if Town do the same with Pearson.

Pearson has never once done anything to upset the club, even when he was left out the team and often used as a scapegoat he remained a model professional.  I can't for the life of me imagine he will now do anything different.  The club on the other hand have form for absolutely shite PR.  Who you going to believe, the guy who never said boo to a ghost at Town and gave everything to the club, turned up to every community even going and even coaches the bloody Academy lads - or the guy who voted twice for the EFL Trophy abomination, refused to give a concrete answer and then changed his mind whenever the wind blew?

Posted by: Mallyner, May 19, 2017, 3:14pm; Reply: 16
It's sad to see guys like Shaun and Craig go, it feels like I have thrown the old comfy slippers that I loved away; but like footballers at a club, they don't last forever.

Hopefully my new ones when they have bedded in, will be better for me than the old ones.  :)
Print page generated: April 16, 2024, 11:06pm