Posted by: BPMariner, April 20, 2017, 3:46pm
Nice little video of training

https://youtu.be/KF5GdK2eAlQ
Posted by: hheh2, April 20, 2017, 3:59pm; Reply: 1
Looks like we have 3 goalkeepers?
Posted by: grimsby pete, April 20, 2017, 4:04pm; Reply: 2
I don't know which player was having a pee at the beginning of that clip,

BUT

He has got a lot better flow than me. ;)
Posted by: fleabag1970, April 20, 2017, 4:05pm; Reply: 3
I wonder where RS keeps his mobile phone ?
Posted by: Kristine, April 20, 2017, 4:15pm; Reply: 4
Nice to see Josh back training with the 1st team.
Posted by: supertown, April 20, 2017, 4:28pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from grimsby pete

BUT

:)
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, April 20, 2017, 4:58pm; Reply: 6
Well done to Gav for putting his own STAMP on Wright the shight lol ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: moosey_club, April 20, 2017, 5:26pm; Reply: 7
hmmmmmm.....interesting snippets amongst the dross bog standard Q&A...

Consistency the key over a season....yes a certain quality but delivered at a consistent rate was the emphasis...not alot of change there then in RS's approach from last time here.....some solid if not spectacular performers with maybe the odd game changer sprinkled in.  

Lots of wheeling and dealing to be done......and a nice wry smile across his face when asked if the feelers were already out.. Yes!! Targets obviously  in mind already and from that smile i reckon behind closed doors discussions already done and in place with new players.

Posted by: moosey_club, April 20, 2017, 5:27pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from hheh2
Looks like we have 3 goalkeepers?

Never mind 3 goalkeepers, there were 3 members of the press !!!
Posted by: The Grim Reaper, April 20, 2017, 6:29pm; Reply: 9
Is that Rhys Brown back?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 20, 2017, 6:45pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from grimsby pete

BUT

;D ;D ;D

Pelvic floor exercises?
Posted by: moosey_club, April 20, 2017, 6:54pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from The Grim Reaper
Is that Rhys Brown back?

Pretty sure it was Russell Slade ....easy mistake to make though.  :P
Posted by: Civvy at last, April 20, 2017, 10:06pm; Reply: 12
Didn't seem to write Gunning off. 🤔🤔
Posted by: RonMariner, April 20, 2017, 10:37pm; Reply: 13
Good interview. I am feeling very positive about next season. Looks like RS has already got a few additions in mind.
Posted by: Mariner93er, April 20, 2017, 11:05pm; Reply: 14
I think we'll see gunning again. The fact he hasn't played in his natural position yet suggests slade sees him as a good utility player.
Posted by: Mallyner, April 21, 2017, 6:29am; Reply: 15
Quoted from grimsby pete

BUT

Prostate massage?  :)

Posted by: Civvy at last, April 21, 2017, 8:29am; Reply: 16
Quoted from Mallyner

Prostate massage?  :)

Is that an offer ??? !!!!!!!
Posted by: Garth, April 21, 2017, 8:57am; Reply: 17
Quoted from Mariner93er
I think we'll see gunning again. The fact he hasn't played in his natural position yet suggests slade sees him as a good utility player.

Gunnings gone!  crafty Slade already knows who to keep if possible and who to let go, good managers are like poker players in that they keep their cards close to their chest, he already sees in his plans players from other clubs that we won`t hear about yet, why upset the apple cart by announcing players movements with games to go, in truth the forced absence of Gunning allows experimentation of others that he has not seen yet in a competitive match situation.
Expect a two of Boyce and Gowling in place of Pearson and Collins to start Saturday with McAllister if fit in Gunnings place.
To expect to see Gunning here next season would be to undermine Russ`s inteligence ;D
Posted by: chaos33, April 21, 2017, 10:37am; Reply: 18
Would it?! Right-o. You obviously have the 'inside track'. Drop Russ an e-mail and you can tell him what he's doing before he's decided for himself - save him some valuable time  :)
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, April 21, 2017, 11:08am; Reply: 19
Quoted from Garth

Gunnings gone!  crafty Slade already knows who to keep if possible and who to let go, good managers are like poker players in that they keep their cards close to their chest, he already sees in his plans players from other clubs that we won`t hear about yet, why upset the apple cart by announcing players movements with games to go, in truth the forced absence of Gunning allows experimentation of others that he has not seen yet in a competitive match situation.
Expect a two of Boyce and Gowling in place of Pearson and Collins to start Saturday with McAllister if fit in Gunnings place.
To expect to see Gunning here next season would be to undermine Russ`s inteligence ;D

Don't know why the red crosses, it's basic common sense. RS has limited game time to see the squad in action and not be accused of making his mind up about players without evidence or a far crack of the whip. So unless Gowling and Boyce have indicated otherwise and McAllister isn't ready, I would expect them to figure in at least one match squad along with others who haven't yet played. Maybe together, maybe not.

Gunning's card has given a ready made opening to help with that, regardless of whether RS plans on keeping him or letting him go and he isn't going to tell anyone that just now is he? In any case I seem to remember MB saying that Gunning only wanted to be here temporarily until the end of the season. Or am I mistaken there?
Posted by: Hagrid, April 21, 2017, 11:12am; Reply: 20
would like to see Josh play for what im certain will be his last appearance for town, been a good player for us
Posted by: RichMariner, April 21, 2017, 11:26am; Reply: 21
I know just about everyone other than RS himself has formed an opinion on Gunning, but at times like these I like to think back to what Morton fans said about him when he joined us.

They were gutted to see him go. They said he'd been a real stand-out performer at centre back, and while I'm fully aware that you can make a strong argument against the standard of Scottish football I do believe Gunning has ability.

I also accept that he's not really shown his potential with us, so it's up to RS as to whether we take a gamble on him for next season.
Posted by: oldun, April 21, 2017, 11:47am; Reply: 22
Not sure which league Morton play in but but outside their Prem, the general standard in Scotland is very much non-league level, with a few exceptions
Posted by: Mariner93er, April 21, 2017, 12:05pm; Reply: 23
But he's only played 2 games in centre back, I feel sorry for him in that respect.
Posted by: moosey_club, April 21, 2017, 12:08pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from RichMariner
I like to think back to what Morton fans said about him when he joined us.

They were gutted to see him go. They said he'd been a real stand-out performer at centre back, and while I'm fully aware that you can make a strong argument against the standard of Scottish football I do believe Gunning has ability.

I remember Brentford fans saying very much the same about Matt Heywood..... :-/

Lets face it, MB shot himself in the foot with this one, bigged him up as a "future target" that we got early, pace, strength, technical ability, personality all promised.... in his games to date i can only recall one moment where he looked composed on the ball and broke between the lines carrying the ball forward. He has been sent off, red mist at Blackpool by all accounts and was it Crewe where he pretty much clothes lined one of their players running through ?
No pace, terrible with the ball by and large and i wouldnt say that great in the air either. Yes he gets in the way sometimes and disrupts play but personally would be very disappointed if we couldnt find a much better replacement.
Posted by: Kris2, April 21, 2017, 4:17pm; Reply: 25
Oh dear god Heywood...Slowest turn in the football league I've seen trucks make a 180 faster. But on Gunning regardless of if we think he's had a fair chance to show what he can do on the pitch aren't his attitude problems a worry on their own? Looking into his history it's nothing new he's had similar outbursts of madness in Scotland like he's had for us.

Not much good to keep a player who habitually gets outbursts of anger and commits acts to violence to get sent off several times a season.
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 11:21am