Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Grimsby2012, November 10, 2016, 7:21pm
What's your best Betting Strategy, guys?

I've Found the place doubles on a correct score has worked for me. I might have just gotten some extra luck, but placing a 2-1 on 1 team and 2-0 on another as a doubles bet has made me over £750 in 3 months on placing a doubles £5 bet. The odds obviously vary but seems to be a good tactic. I'm not stating it's the best one, but it works for me. I'm thinking of choosing the 2 same teams every week to correctly guess the score as doubles?

Anyway, What works for you lot?
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 10, 2016, 7:28pm; Reply: 1
Keeping my money in my pocket works for me,

Every time I have a bet either the dog falls over,

The horse is beaten by a nose,

OR

Some twit scores in the last minute and messes my bet up.
Posted by: 139881 (Guest), November 10, 2016, 7:35pm; Reply: 2
Look at a team's form and if it's poor but a wager on the other team

if 2 teams are fairly neck and neck in the league, put it down for a draw
Posted by: GrimRob, November 10, 2016, 8:47pm; Reply: 3
Do exactly the opposite of what the market expects....
Posted by: RichMariner, November 10, 2016, 8:56pm; Reply: 4
I stake 2% of my pot on a couple of really obvious outcomes to try and double it.

So last weekend I placed £8.88 on West Ham double chance and a second half goal in the Stranraer v Queen's Park match.

I then placed my winnings of £13.56 on Hartlepool to beat Stamford and Carlisle to not lose at St Albans, and hey presto I had £20.04!

I effectively cash it in and start again, except now 2% of my pot is higher than before, so my stake is higher.

I've been doing this for about 6-8 months now and I'm £400 better off.

Also, last season I did a rolling accumulator starting with £1 and got 14 correct bets to take it to £75.76 (when I cashed it in).
Posted by: moosey_club, November 10, 2016, 9:25pm; Reply: 5
Buy a Delorean....add a flux capacitor....pop to the future and buy a sporting almanac....never fails for me  ;)
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, November 10, 2016, 11:37pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Grimsby2012
What's your best Betting Strategy, guys?
Just bet when that free no lose bet is on with bet365. (tongue_smilie)
Posted by: jamesgtfc, November 11, 2016, 6:45am; Reply: 7
I do BTTS & Win accumulators.

I start with a treble and usually do doubles off that and work my way up to 11/12 fold (whatever makes max payout from 5p).

On my 5 fold I do trebles and 9 fold I do 5 folds too.

I only recently started doing the 5 folds on the 9 fold and I have already come very close to a decent win.

I log the stats in a spreadsheet every week and sort it by the home teams that have BTTS and won this season. I then work my way down the list seeing if that team is at home avoiding local derbies etc.
Posted by: topuphere666, November 11, 2016, 7:19am; Reply: 8
£5 accumulator every Saturday. Usually stick it on 6 home victories. The return is usually around £100/£200 depending on the games. I've won just over £1k this season.
And don't cash out... I was stung a few weeks back, Huddersfield were drawing and I cashed out for £20 in the 90th. They then scored in the 96th min which - if I had a pair - would have landed me around £272
Posted by: highcliff mariner, November 11, 2016, 7:27am; Reply: 9
Mugs game
Posted by: wigworld, November 11, 2016, 7:32am; Reply: 10
Betting against Town has worked for me in the past, and guarantees misery one way or another.
Posted by: bluebottle, November 11, 2016, 7:32am; Reply: 11
I couldn't win an argument, so I keep well clear of the bookies I'm afraid.☹️
Posted by: moosey_club, November 11, 2016, 8:37am; Reply: 12
Quoted from jamesgtfc
I do BTTS & Win accumulators.

I start with a treble and usually do doubles off that and work my way up to 11/12 fold (whatever makes max payout from 5p).

On my 5 fold I do trebles and 9 fold I do 5 folds too.

I only recently started doing the 5 folds on the 9 fold and I have already come very close to a decent win.

I log the stats in a spreadsheet every week and sort it by the home teams that have BTTS and won this season. I then work my way down the list seeing if that team is at home avoiding local derbies etc.

I am not familiar with that regional dialect of Klingon...could you maybe explain it in English ?  ;)
Posted by: moosey_club, November 11, 2016, 8:39am; Reply: 13
Quoted from bluebottle
I couldn't win an argument, so I keep well clear of the bookies I'm afraid.☹️

I bet you could  :P
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, November 11, 2016, 8:52am; Reply: 14
Rather on nags to win, I put them to place

Also have started to do a team to win either half of a game
Posted by: bluebottle, November 11, 2016, 8:53am; Reply: 15
Quoted from moosey_club

I bet you could  :P

Ha ha, very good. 👍
Posted by: AdamHaddock, November 11, 2016, 9:31am; Reply: 16
Bet on games in the Dutch league to have a minimum two goals as high scoring games are the norm there
Posted by: Mariner55, November 11, 2016, 10:21am; Reply: 17
I put £100 in my account and keep it going as long as possible.  If it gets to £200 I take out £100.  If it gets down to around £5 I deposit another £100, but I have not had to do that for nearly a year - and in that time have taken out about £500.  My strategy:
> I usually go for a four-fold, with three home wins and one draw- though last week I did win on a six-fold (all home wins, £90)
> If you see what looks like a real home banker (eg top team in a division home to the bottom team) then bet on the home team to win both halves.  Far better odds, obviously.
> I stake either £5 or £10 per bet.  Very rarely more than that.
> Never include Town in the above accumulators.
> I often do a scorer bet on Town, once teams announced.  Did v well last season, though Amond helped with that.  Thinking of Omar to score 2+ tomorrow (5/1)
> Look beyond the Premier League, our division and England - plenty of good bets in the National League and Europe - Portugal, Spain and Portugal are my favourites.  It is not to difficult to spot three good homes if you broaden your search.   The draw is obviously harder, but study form closely.   There are some serial drawers out there (last season Oldham drew something like half there games).
> The poster who described betting as a mugs game is, of course, correct - that is, if you take it too seriously.  See it as fun and a test of your knowledge rather than a way of paying the mortgage.
Posted by: RichMariner, November 11, 2016, 12:25pm; Reply: 18
Betting on other leagues in Europe is a good idea as there's often some good value on offer there.

It's finished now but I tracked the Norwegian Tippeligaen this season and got to know which teams are good at home, which teams score in the first half most often... stuff like that.

Lillestrom won me so much money on BTTS! Just about every game they played in had goals flying in.

I should've avoided betting on them last weekend, though. They needed to avoid defeat to guarantee safety, but having seen that 28 of their previous 29 games had at least two goals scored in them, I went for over 1.5 goals at half time when the odds were decent.

They won 1-0, so I lost my bet.

Sometimes you can do all the research in the world and things will go against you - it is, after all, a gamble. There's no such thing as a safe bet.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, November 11, 2016, 6:59pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from highcliff mariner
Mugs game

I bet you'll find this site useful.....😉

http://www.mugsgame.com
Print page generated: May 5, 2024, 6:56pm