Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: moosey_club, October 5, 2016, 6:06pm
Local boy done good has passed away.
I would think most of us over 30 have boogied to his tunes in our time.

RIP
Posted by: Teesknees, October 5, 2016, 6:26pm; Reply: 1
Amazing talent, such a hugh catalogue of hits!

My brother played in a group doing the local circuits as Rod and Steve Curry, unfortunatley my brother drank any profits he made!

Shame he wasn't a GTFC fan!
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, October 5, 2016, 9:18pm; Reply: 2
An unsung talent if you excuse the turn of phrase

A local talent with a global impact - just look at this to see how many songs he turned out back in the day.... truly outstanding

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Rod_Temperton.jpg

RIP Rod.....sadly departed but your music will live on, always and forever 😢
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 6, 2016, 1:04am; Reply: 3
We're gonna rock with you Rod. RIP

The most amazing credit is for Yah Mo Be There - I assume that was for the music, those words not being classic Meggiesque (outside a few streets off Mill Road  ;)).
Posted by: cmackenzie4, October 6, 2016, 6:45am; Reply: 4
RIP Rod - you turned out some of my favourites tracks.
Posted by: jock dock tower, October 6, 2016, 4:43pm; Reply: 5
You look at another "local" Bernie Taupin, same kind of age, to know that the Grimsby area music scene at that time must have been so vibrant. It's certainly why Elton John sung about GRIMSBY.
Posted by: barralad, October 7, 2016, 10:57am; Reply: 6
Saturday Nights Alright For Fighting was allegedly written by Taupin about the pub in Market Rasen's market place.
Rod Temperton helped push Jackson's career into the stratosphere. So many great songs on Thriller.
Posted by: Civvy at last, October 21, 2016, 3:02pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from barralad
Saturday Nights Alright For Fighting was allegedly written by Taupin about the pub in Market Rasen's market place.
Rod Temperton helped push Jackson's career into the stratosphere. So many great songs on Thriller.

If you'd looked that up in Wiki about 8 years ago Barra, you would have seen that it was written about the Imp after Town had played at home.  That actually won me a £20.00 bet.

It is merely coincidence that two days after that, the article was returned to it's original state and at the same time I was banned from commenting on Wiki.  ;)
Print page generated: May 8, 2024, 9:07pm