Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: mariner91, June 25, 2016, 11:31pm
Anybody else watching her set at Glastonbury on tv at the minute? An absolute superstar. Voice of an angel, fantastic song writer and a lovely woman to boot. She's the UK's best export at the minute by some distance.
Posted by: barralad, June 26, 2016, 8:59am; Reply: 1
Agree. Superb performance from start to finish and a great rapport with the crowd.
Posted by: ginnywings, June 26, 2016, 10:15am; Reply: 2
She was good but Muse were better.
Posted by: mariner91, June 26, 2016, 11:20am; Reply: 3
Quoted from ginnywings
She was good but Muse were better.

I missed Muse unfortunately but have heard some very mixed reviews. Was lucky enough to see them in their home town of Teignmouth seven years ago and they were excellent that night.
Posted by: Manchester Mariner, June 26, 2016, 11:31am; Reply: 4
Adele isn't for me but glad to hear she went down well. Sick of hearing people saying she has no place at Glastonbury, just like they did with Jay Z, Metallica, Beyonce etc.

I watched New Order on BBC4 instead, Bernard Sumner's voice isn't up to much these days.
Posted by: Les Brechin, June 26, 2016, 1:21pm; Reply: 5
Sorry, but I find her music dull as ditchwater. I did watch about 5 minutes or so of her set but then went over to BBC 4 to watch the far superior New Order.
Posted by: ginnywings, June 26, 2016, 10:58pm; Reply: 6
Not a fan of Adele or New Order but I thought Adele put on a good show if you like that sort of thing. Currently suffering Coldplay with Barry Gibb. Glastonbury is mostly gash for me. Not my kind of artists at all with the odd exception.
Posted by: forza ivano, June 27, 2016, 12:42am; Reply: 7
Missed her.did she sing any songs about breaking up with her boyfriend? ;D
Posted by: arryarryarry, June 27, 2016, 2:08pm; Reply: 8
Never really listened to her music before, but I have to say I was impressed by her performance.
Posted by: Les Brechin, June 27, 2016, 2:15pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from ginnywings
Not a fan of Adele or New Order but I thought Adele put on a good show if you like that sort of thing. Currently suffering Coldplay with Barry Gibb. Glastonbury is mostly gash for me. Not my kind of artists at all with the odd exception.

I put the red button to good use last night when they were on.

Brilliant set by Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbott.
Posted by: ginnywings, June 27, 2016, 5:46pm; Reply: 10
No choice Les. If I want a free pass for the footy, I had to suffer Glasto. We are away in the Dales with one telly. :X
Posted by: Chrisblor, June 28, 2016, 10:29am; Reply: 11
I was actually there - except I binned off Adele for New Order who were flipping amazing (Bernard Sumner's voice has always been shite tbf).
Posted by: paulgtfc, July 23, 2016, 11:51pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Les Brechin

I put the red button to good use last night when they were on.

Brilliant set by Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbott.

Paul n Jacqui always put on a good show.  I never listen to their albums but always happy to see them live  8)
Posted by: northbankmariner, July 27, 2016, 12:12am; Reply: 13
Cannot believe that a few of you didn't enjoy Coldplay? They rocked and have a great rapport with the crowd at concerts, especially with lights and wristbands etc which looked awesome. Thorough enjoyed them, oh and adele was quite good come to mention it.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, July 27, 2016, 11:38am; Reply: 14
Quoted from northbankmariner
Cannot believe that a few of you didn't enjoy Coldplay? They rocked and have a great rapport with the crowd at concerts, especially with lights and wristbands etc which looked awesome. Thorough enjoyed them, oh and adele was quite good come to mention it.

I don't really take to recent bands/music but Coldplay I make an exception for, I think they are excellent and thoroughly enjoy listening to them.
Posted by: barralad, July 27, 2016, 3:33pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from northbankmariner

Alas it has become fashionable in true British style not to like Coldplay now they are big. Their live shows are amazing.
Print page generated: May 4, 2024, 5:30am