Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /    /  
Posted by: ROKERITE, April 12, 2016, 10:20pm
Don't make the same mistake you made in 2010 and which hasn't been rectified yet.
Act Now! Sack Hurst in the next 24 hours and bring in Ronnie Moore on a short-term basis to get Grimsby Town out of this league in a few weeks' time.
Posted by: grimps, April 12, 2016, 10:22pm; Reply: 1
I'd be happy to hear that he's been sacked in the morning but it would have to be someone within the club or watches this team regularly that replaces him.
Moore wouldnt have the time to get to know the best team, then again Hurst has had 5 years and still doesnt know his
Posted by: HertsGTFC, April 12, 2016, 10:25pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from ROKERITE
Don't make the same mistake you made in 2010 and which hasn't been rectified yet.
Act Now! Sack Hurst in the next 24 hours and bring in Ronnie Moore on a short-term basis to get Grimsby Town out of this league in a few weeks' time.

Mr Fenty has just not got the balderdash I'm afraid!

Posted by: dapperz fun pub, April 12, 2016, 10:41pm; Reply: 3
Ronnie Moore would be a good shout
Posted by: AdamHaddock, April 12, 2016, 10:45pm; Reply: 4
I'd prefer Richard Money
Posted by: chaos33, April 12, 2016, 11:41pm; Reply: 5
Dickie Dosh?! God no thanks.
Posted by: Neilo83, April 13, 2016, 5:25am; Reply: 6
Quoted from grimps
I'd be happy to hear that he's been sacked in the morning but it would have to be someone within the club or watches this team regularly that replaces him.
Moore wouldnt have the time to get to know the best team, then again Hurst has had 5 years and still doesnt know his

Sir Alan?
Posted by: davmariner, April 13, 2016, 8:19am; Reply: 7
Not going to happen in a million years. I suspect Fenty will keep Paul for the remainder of the season and beyond. FA Trophy sideshow will save him his job provided we make the playoffs.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, April 13, 2016, 8:19am; Reply: 8
Dav in all honesty and sanity how can paul keep his job if he doesnt get us promoted six seasons running ?

Thats like saying to my boss , sorry i havent met my objective for the sixth year running but see you in the morning yeah boss.
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, April 13, 2016, 8:23am; Reply: 9
Marcus Bignot for me, he's just got Solihull Moors promoted as Champions with the 4th lowest average attendances in the National North league, so practically on a shoestring budget.

When we signed Bogle, he said 'he would love the opportunity to work with Bogle again in the future', when he played for them he was banging in 30 goals, they still got promoted even with him joining us.

Link >> http://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/natnorth/attendances

Hurst let go Pell and Parslow, yet they have practically played every game for Cheltenham and booked them the first place in our league, yet they wasn't good enough for us under Hurst.

I honestly don't think Hurst knows how to get the best out of the players he has, also no tactical noose to alter games we aren't doing well in or losing etc, the Aldershot game was a one off.
Posted by: davmariner, April 13, 2016, 9:10am; Reply: 10
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Dav in all honesty and sanity how can paul keep his job if he doesnt get us promoted six seasons running ?

Thats like saying to my boss , sorry i havent met my objective for the sixth year running but see you in the morning yeah boss.

For me not as simple as that. In theory, if he fails again I think many would agree that he's had a fair crack at it. I'm not sure that's disputed. My view is that if Hurst fails to get us up (and at this rate I think we're struggling for the play offs) he should go before the FA Trophy and we should bring someone else in before that so we can get ahead of it for next season. No doubt Wrexham will soon start thinking player recruitment.

What worries me more is John Fenty and Mullen being responsible for appointing a successor if they were to give Hurst the boot. I don't believe Fenty would have it in him to negotiate for the key players to stay if Hurst leaves and I believe a complete exodus would take us back to square one in June 2011. He should get on the phone to: Tait, Toto, McKeown and sign them up for next season (Amond will probably go back into the football league).  

Neither would Fenty have the nous or the bottle to have another good manager lined up quickly enough for us to have a real impact next season.

If we had a sensible chairman, he'd be in touch will a couple of good managers as soon as we know for sure we're not going up and get planning for next season. Wembley game could be a chance for new manager to get to grips with the players and start building a team around those players that are staying. Never going to happen unfortunately.
Posted by: ginnywings, April 13, 2016, 10:15am; Reply: 11
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
Marcus Bignot for me, he's just got Solihull Moors promoted as Champions with the 4th lowest average attendances in the National North league, so practically on a shoestring budget.

When we signed Bogle, he said 'he would love the opportunity to work with Bogle again in the future', when he played for them he was banging in 30 goals, they still got promoted even with him joining us.

Link >> http://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/natnorth/attendances

Hurst let go Pell and Parslow, yet they have practically played every game for Cheltenham and booked them the first place in our league, yet they wasn't good enough for us under Hurst.

I honestly don't think Hurst knows how to get the best out of the players he has, also no tactical noose to alter games we aren't doing well in or losing etc, the Aldershot game was a one off.

That's an idea.  ;D
Posted by: grimsby pete, April 13, 2016, 10:38am; Reply: 12
I know nothing will happen to the end of the season,

Then we will be either back in the league and stuck with Hurst,

OR

Still in the conference but still stuck with Hurst because he won the trophy,

OR

Hurst will be sacked because we failed on all counts.

Sad but true.
Posted by: Grantley, April 13, 2016, 11:03am; Reply: 13
Only thing I'd say about Marcus Bignot is that despite having low attendances, they did have another 50k from the Bogle sale.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, April 13, 2016, 12:13pm; Reply: 14
Groundhog Day! Time for the plug to be pulled, get him chucked onto the 9x, short walk down t'prom, alight at the train station, grab the 13:04, step off at donnY, get a taxi to Robin Hood airport, then board the 19:45 to dontfuckingcaresville
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 5:50am