Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 29, 2015, 6:05pm
After today we are still in a really good position in comparison to recent years!
Posted by: cmackenzie4, May 29, 2015, 6:28pm; Reply: 1
I really hope Magnay signs though because since his arrival he has made a big difference to the team and his passion is there for all to see. I really do rate him.
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), May 29, 2015, 6:44pm; Reply: 2
If we can sign one of them then I will be really happy. Toto gets back from his holiday today so fingers crossed he can join the lads.
Posted by: lukeo, May 29, 2015, 6:46pm; Reply: 3
I'm very happy so far. If any of them both sign it'll be a bonus. Especially Magnay i think the whole Town will go mental  :D
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, May 29, 2015, 6:53pm; Reply: 4
I honestly believe Magnay will sign - listening to his interview it's clear he'd livw to sign, just a case of ironing out a few details!
Posted by: livosnose, May 29, 2015, 7:02pm; Reply: 5
In the style of dolph lungren in rocky 4 if he signs he signs ....... :-/ :-
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, May 29, 2015, 7:50pm; Reply: 6
Ha ha love that quote!
Posted by: nightrider, May 29, 2015, 7:59pm; Reply: 7
Magnay is/ was always going to sign. Just needs afew things ironing out in the contract
Posted by: gary_elton, May 29, 2015, 8:24pm; Reply: 8
Magnay is playing to the gallery... methinks he will sign , just waiting for THE moment
for most effect.....     :)
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, May 29, 2015, 8:27pm; Reply: 9
Monday morning Club Announcement......

Carl and Toto sign, and season tickets are on sale ! (We will then sell 2500+)
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 29, 2015, 8:33pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

Our commercial dept. are not that clever!

Posted by: Kymariner12, May 29, 2015, 8:42pm; Reply: 11
9 out of 12 signed, one's left for pastures new and 2 still deliberating. Pretty happy, a couple of new strikers and a defender if the other 2 don't sign. Do we need to add to the midfield, regarding the budget I'd say no.
Posted by: GYmonkey, May 29, 2015, 8:44pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

I do hope so. I just wish the club would do a season cheaper season ticket for the younger fans. A couple of seasons ago it was £20 for a junior season ticket when bought with an adult one, this is now £50. The junior ticket is for ages 1 to 14 but I think there is scope for a cheaper 1 to 10 year old season ticket as a lot of these kids (mine included) aren't allowed to any night matches when they have school the next day.  Not knocking the club mind, just think it's a way to get younger kids hooked at an early age
Posted by: grimsby pete, May 29, 2015, 8:46pm; Reply: 13
If Magnay does not sign,

That means half of the threads on the Fishy will be gone too.
Posted by: ivanosandwich, May 29, 2015, 8:54pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from grimsby pete
If Magnay does not sign,

That means half of the threads on the Fishy will be gone too.

Yes and if he does sign, we should reach that million by Tuesday.
Posted by: SamTheMariner, May 29, 2015, 10:02pm; Reply: 15
We need something different in midfield and out-wide. As much as I rate Diz, he's not a pass pinger, he's a box-to-box midfielder, who crops up in important areas. Brown is a terrier, energetic, can make a tackle, but dawdles on the ball, Clay is a destructor, but maybe he can develop into something better I hope so. We need someone with a bit of guile, someone who can pick a pass, make something out of nothing. Then we need that ball to find a striker who can score.
Posted by: nightrider, May 29, 2015, 10:43pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from SamTheMariner
We need something different in midfield and out-wide. As much as I rate Diz, he's not a pass pinger, he's a box-to-box midfielder, who crops up in important areas. Brown is a terrier, energetic, can make a tackle, but dawdles on the ball, Clay is a destructor, but maybe he can develop into something better I hope so. We need someone with a bit of guile, someone who can pick a pass, make something out of nothing. Then we need that ball to find a striker who can score.

John Oster.
Next question...
Posted by: fiveallive, May 30, 2015, 4:56am; Reply: 17
I can't see us signing John Oster that would be a old midfield and if Clay a injury lay off of say 3 months or more our centre mids available would be Disley, Brown and Oster combined age of 101 i think lol.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 30, 2015, 10:27am; Reply: 18
If Toto and Mag do sign I reckon we still need at least,

1 x Mid fielder mid 20's

2 x Strikers ideally one that can run the channels and one that can hold it up

1 x Utility defender

Then we will be able to crack on!

Posted by: 1739 (Guest), May 30, 2015, 11:11am; Reply: 19
Quoted from HertsGTFC
If Toto and Mag do sign I reckon we still need at least,

1 x Mid fielder mid 20's

2 x Strikers ideally one that can run the channels and one that can hold it up

1 x Utility defender

Then we will be able to crack on!

If they both sign then:
One utility defender (who Hurst was showing around BP and training ground yesterday) -Replace Bignot/ Parslow
One centre mid with a bit more of a physical presence about him.
One winger with a bit of creativity who can make something from nothing.
3 strikers.

Hopefully with the trust membership, season ticket sales and people donating money to the club then this could give us an extra 100k to use in the budget to get some real quality upfront.
Posted by: Meza, May 30, 2015, 11:17am; Reply: 20
Does anyone have any inside info as to who the player was PH was showing round, rumours are saying Miller, who I've not seen him play is he any good i know imps fans rate him highly.
Posted by: fiveallive, May 30, 2015, 11:37am; Reply: 21
Quoted from Meza
Does anyone have any inside info as to who the player was PH was showing round, rumours are saying Miller, who I've not seen him play is he any good i know imps fans rate him highly.

He the defender who i thought was a RB but can CB aswell, he's the player with a really long throw on him and has been a big part of Lincoln City the last 2 or 3 seasons. I don't think they would want to lose him, would be extra danger to him with his long throws but also a good defender.
Posted by: fiveallive, May 30, 2015, 11:43am; Reply: 22
The Gimps seem scared of losing him, so i kind of hope its him signing to annoy them off. They probably thought the same thing with Liam Hearn but i can't say i'm bothered they signed him.
Posted by: Maringer, May 30, 2015, 11:48am; Reply: 23
A long throw merchant would be a very good addition to the squad. We really missed this aspect of the game last season after having Hatton and Wood available in previous years.
Posted by: fiveallive, May 30, 2015, 11:53am; Reply: 24
Quoted from 1739

If they both sign then:
One utility defender (who Hurst was showing around BP and training ground yesterday) -Replace Bignot/ Parslow
One centre mid with a bit more of a physical presence about him.
One winger with a bit of creativity who can make something from nothing.
3 strikers.

Hopefully with the trust membership, season ticket sales and people donating money to the club then this could give us an extra 100k to use in the budget to get some real quality upfront.

The players that come to mind are,

One utility defender- Tom Miller.

One centre mid with a bit more of a physical presence about him- Jamie Chandler.

One winger with a bit of creativity who can make something from nothing- Alex Rodman i know he's been here before but his ability to up the pitch with his speed you can't touch him he did to us last season and created there goal.

I'm not sure about the forwards- Maybe a Brett Williams, Wes Fletcher, Matt McClure had a decent record at Wycombe Connor Jennings had a excellent record at Macclesfield and Mackreth said he created most of his goals for him and wanted him here last season. I think Wrexham played him out of position played him RB or RW when he's better being a forward.
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), May 30, 2015, 1:36pm; Reply: 25
According to the telegraph the player who Hurst showed around the club left his club at the end of the season so that will rule out Tom Miller then?
Posted by: Maringer, May 30, 2015, 3:10pm; Reply: 26
An Aldershot fan we know through work says that Williams is the laziest striker he's ever seen, but has the knack of getting into the right positions and finishing the chances as they come his way.

Not sure if he would fit in with the whole work ethic that Hurst looks for in his players.
Print page generated: April 16, 2024, 10:00am