Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: diehardmariner, May 29, 2015, 3:22pm
Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, there's that many threads to go through over the last few days!

Have Lincoln come into some money or something? Last I heard the Co-op Bank were threatening to wind them up and the club were launching that scheme to paint the seats in the image of the Dambusters to raise some much needed funds.

Now they're linked with every single player available at this level, some of whom will command a salary I wouldn't associate with a club on their knees.
Posted by: aldi_01, May 29, 2015, 3:33pm; Reply: 1
I think it's their fans who are linking them with every player and the wonderfully written Lincolnshire Echo.

The club are well aware of the financial situation, as are the more sensible supporters. They've made a couple of decent signings which should help them finish higher than bottom half at least but nothing to worry about.

Hearn could be a great signing, it could also be a disaster, one donkey centre half goes through him and he's done again.
Posted by: RoboCod, May 29, 2015, 3:36pm; Reply: 2
One of my Lincoln contacts is less than impressed, told me if Hurst didn't get a move on there'd be no panic buys left the day before the season kicks off as Moyes would have them all. Rhead will be 'effective' no doubt but sounds like a Frankenstein monster of a team.
He linked their player Miller with us just now though,
Posted by: Marinerz93, May 29, 2015, 3:37pm; Reply: 3
According to Lincoln sources, someone has been to cash converters and got a cash windfall (for bell ringers) of £109.49 with a load of troll dolls.  The downside according Lincoln sources is that this will effect their gate next season.
Posted by: LocalLadGTFC, May 29, 2015, 3:37pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from RoboCod
One of my Lincoln contacts is less than impressed, told me if Hurst didn't get a move on there'd be no panic buys left the day before the season kicks off as Moyes would have them all. Rhead will be 'effective' no doubt but sounds like a Frankenstein monster of a team.
He linked their player Miller with us just now though,

Matt Rhead never impressed me when he was at Mansfield and doesn't impress me now. Just a big fat lump of *****
Posted by: RoboCod, May 29, 2015, 3:39pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Marinerz93
According to Lincoln sources, someone has been to cash converters and got a cash windfall (for bell ringers) of £109.49 with a load of troll dolls.  The downside according Lincoln sources is that this will effect their gate next season.

Exceptionally ugly, life-size trolls? That's their mascots gone then  ::)

[img]http://i.thisis.co.uk/274197/article/images/572646/592560.jpg[/img]
Posted by: Marinerz93, May 29, 2015, 3:48pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from RoboCod

Exceptionally ugly, life-size trolls? That's their mascots gone then  ::)

[img]http://i.thisis.co.uk/274197/article/images/572646/592560.jpg[/img]

Anyone of their fans could fill in as mascots  ;)

[IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/2qnpoh3.gif[/IMG]
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, May 29, 2015, 4:14pm; Reply: 7
Whilst they owe that money as I have said before they own houses in the City with value way in excess of debt. Moyes says budget is pretty much the same as last season but they signed two furrier ex-league players yesterday.

If Hearn is fit would expect them to do OK just on back of his goals.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, May 29, 2015, 4:22pm; Reply: 8
One of moyses mates told me he put 75k into the club so he could play football manager and I moan when my lad spends a tenner on players  ;)
Posted by: aldi_01, May 29, 2015, 4:42pm; Reply: 9
Lincoln never learn though.

They let Sutton buy his job too...
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, May 29, 2015, 5:47pm; Reply: 10
Am at Sinci Bank now
Lots of people scouting for girls
Gonna be madness later
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, May 29, 2015, 5:49pm; Reply: 11
Am at Sinci Bank now
Lots of people scouting for girls
Gonna be madness later
Posted by: Sconeboy, May 29, 2015, 5:53pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
Whilst they owe that money as I have said before they own houses in the City with value way in excess of debt. Moyes says budget is pretty much the same as last season but they signed two furrier ex-league players yesterday.

If Hearn is fit would expect them to do OK just on back of his goals.

Assuming Hearn is fully fit and back to his best (emphasis on the word assuming!!), is he even likely to get the service and opportunities to score hatfuls in Lincolns team?!
Posted by: Helgy, May 29, 2015, 5:59pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
One of moyses mates told me he put 75k into the club so he could play football manager and I moan when my lad spends a tenner on players  ;)

That was to me a director, he's now stepped down as a director to manage the team.
Some were moaning there was a conflict of interests but he's not being paid to manage so that can go on players.
Print page generated: April 18, 2024, 11:41pm