Print Topic - Archive

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: jonnyboy82, May 28, 2015, 7:22am
Looks like Pearson and Magnay could be on the way out , who else do you think could be going to other clubs..

I have heard LJL and nsiala are  in with more of a chance to go , is anyone getting rather worried this group might be diminishing rather fast.

I really hope we can get gowling signed up  to at least give us some good news.
Posted by: livosnose, May 28, 2015, 7:32am; Reply: 1
Ive got a feeling that Tranmere might start sniffing around our scouse three athough I know Jack used to play for them.
Posted by: ackomariner, May 28, 2015, 7:35am; Reply: 2
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Looks like Pearson and Magnay could be on the way out , who else do you think could be going to other clubs..

I have heard LJL and nsiala are  in with more of a chance to go , is anyone getting rather worried this group might be diminishing rather fast.

I really hope we can get gowling signed up  to at least give us some good news.

Said last night jb that all this sounds worrying , even more so after listening to magnays interview on the radio.

I think a few more will be going elsewhere too if I'm honest, and then things go the other way with negativity creeping back into the fans again.

When we got relegated into this league, my uncle said that it will take us ten years to get out of it........I'm now starting to think that he could be right  :-/
Posted by: jimgtfc, May 28, 2015, 8:35am; Reply: 3
Ah good, the fishy has its doom and gloom back...
Posted by: jonnyboy82, May 28, 2015, 8:42am; Reply: 4
Doom and gloom ?

Just stating its rather worrying we seem to be losing our key players for next season, its not doom and gloom its reality.

Ah good the fishy has its read posts and take out certain bits to suit them back... :P
Posted by: DocTower, May 28, 2015, 9:23am; Reply: 5
Looking forward to see new young hungry players  turn out for us .  Players come and go , we're are always here .
Posted by: gary_elton, May 28, 2015, 9:31am; Reply: 6
Mmmmmm....  one player is apparently off to Barnsley and we still don't know about others... feel good
factor on the wane is it ???  wonder what will happen to the " pledge " offers from fans if a couple more say
they're off due to better offers....
Posted by: moosey_club, May 28, 2015, 9:53am; Reply: 7
Ultimately, they as a group failed to get promoted, albeit by narrow margins and a dodgy decision in the end but they had a previous 46 games to take the title and never looked likely to do that.
Players, systems and managerial decisions all play a part over the season so cant lay it all at the players door but overall you need to storm this league from day one to be certain of promotion,in reality we stormed very little over the season, Barnet twice and two games Gateshead/ Alfreton where we scored a few but otherwise we generally just did enough.
We need more pace and attacking guile in front of what was a pretty solid back four next season, if players choose to leave then we have a chance to rebuild and maybe add some of that.
Posted by: arryarryarry, May 28, 2015, 10:48am; Reply: 8
Quoted from moosey_club
Ultimately, they as a group failed to get promoted, albeit by narrow margins and a dodgy decision in the end but they had a previous 46 games to take the title and never looked likely to do that.
Players, systems and managerial decisions all play a part over the season so cant lay it all at the players door but overall you need to storm this league from day one to be certain of promotion,in reality we stormed very little over the season, Barnet twice and two games Gateshead/ Alfreton where we scored a few but otherwise we generally just did enough.
We need more pace and attacking guile in front of what was a pretty solid back four next season, if players choose to leave then we have a chance to rebuild and maybe add some of that.

Exactly.
Posted by: DocTower, May 28, 2015, 10:56am; Reply: 9
Moosey  sums it up , we nearly did it , but didn't.    Don't  think doom and gloom is really necessary,  being in the conference it's just the nature of the beast . The length of time we've  been here I think now we an established conference  side . Without a large investment , it's up to the manager  to assemble a jigsaw of unknowns .  Again , unfortunately being who we are , the expectations are even greater . Other teams us us as a yard stick which is probably  why our home record last season was pretty grim.  

I think there are managers and players out there who would jump at the chance to manage and play for us . Nobody remembers who comes second ,  time for bit of a rebuild if , and I mean if we do loose key players .
Posted by: horsforthmariner, May 28, 2015, 11:20am; Reply: 10
My worry is that Hurst seems to be adept at finishing in the league equivalent to the size of our budget. That isn't a criticism of Hurst as most of our managers bar Slade and Buckley MK1 and Mk 2 pre seemed very adept at underachieving pretty dramatically.

I'm guessing that Tranmere, Forest Green, Eastleigh, Cheltenham, Barrow and probably Wrexham will have bigger budgets this season than us which means we won't even get a play off.
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 11:55am