Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: NorthseaMariner, May 26, 2015, 6:58pm
I see on teletext few people turned out to see their victory parade. I guess even their own fans didn't think they deserved to win.
Posted by: GiveUsAG, May 26, 2015, 7:02pm; Reply: 1
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/worst-ever-start-open-top-5759258
Posted by: GYinScuntland, May 26, 2015, 7:19pm; Reply: 2
Let's let it lie. They beat us, let's move on and look forward.
Posted by: gytone, May 26, 2015, 7:27pm; Reply: 3
I don't get the obsession with them and the Telegraph's obsession with them either, just let it go, we are appearing to be bad loser's, let's just leave them to celebrate however they want, at the end of the day they won, we lost, get over it  :-/
Posted by: Caesar, May 26, 2015, 7:28pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from GYinScuntland

Couldn't agree more, whats done is done, good luck to them going forward but I really don't care about their victory parade!
Posted by: Les Brechin, May 26, 2015, 7:37pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from NorthseaMariner
I see on teletext few people turned out to see their victory parade. I guess even their own fans didn't think they deserved to win.

Teletext?? Have we gone back to the 1980's.  ;D

I would have loved there to have been the worst open bus tour in Grimsby though.
Posted by: Grim74, May 26, 2015, 8:01pm; Reply: 6
I wish rovers all the best they deserve to go up if not us then I'm pleased it's them, but an open top bus parade for a proud traditional ex league club for getting out the conference? FFS

it's like popping the champagne corks for getting rid of your penile warts or throwing a party to celebrate that the sister in law is not pregnant to you after all, Bristol fans should be quietly relieved that they are now out of the conference dumping ground and leave it at that,  because let's be honest it's an embarrassment for clubs like ours to be down here for one season never mind six.
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 26, 2015, 8:22pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Grim74
I wish rovers all the best they deserve to go up if not us then I'm pleased it's them, but an open top bus parade for a proud traditional ex league club for getting out the conference? FFS

it's like popping the champagne corks for getting rid of your penile warts or throwing a party to celebrate that the sister in law is not pregnant to you after all, Bristol fans should be quietly relieved that they are now out of the conference dumping ground and leave it at that,  because let's be honest it's an embarrassment for clubs like ours to be down here for one season never mind six.

Agree with the last bit but if we get promoted i would welcome with open arms town having a open top bus parade for a proud traditional ex league club for getting out of the conference.

Posted by: AdamHaddock, May 26, 2015, 9:18pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from GYinScuntland

This. In neon lights

Hopefully 11 months from now a bus will be driving down Freemo with the Vanarama title on board
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 26, 2015, 9:27pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from AdamHaddock

This. In neon lights

Hopefully 11 months from now a bus will be driving down Freemo with the Vanarama title on board

Celebrating town and another ( not Lincoln ) replacing Barnet and Brovers in the football league.

Posted by: GrimRob, May 26, 2015, 9:48pm; Reply: 10
Good luck to them. It''s history. We can start planning the route of the parade for next year.
Posted by: Peeler_Crab, May 27, 2015, 7:07am; Reply: 11
it's like popping the champagne corks for getting rid of your penile warts or throwing a party to celebrate that the sister in law is not pregnant to you after all

Hahaaaa! Well that made me laugh Grim74 😄👍
Posted by: NorthseaMariner, May 27, 2015, 8:52am; Reply: 12
Yes Les, I still check out Teletext in the morning.
Back to my original note, just surprised fans weren't pleased to be going up however it was managed.
Anyway I move on.
Posted by: LongEatonMariner, May 27, 2015, 8:56am; Reply: 13
Congrats to them. A non story in both the Mirror and Telewag.

It even states the pic was taken on the way to the start of the tour for heavens sake.
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 8:40pm