Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Laddy89, May 25, 2015, 4:06pm
Just a quick post to see what the general feel is on this topic,  since being based in Edinburgh now for over a year, I have been to see Hearts on a few occasions, mostly because the father in law is a season ticket holder.

Their fans pay money into a pot each month to help with wages and keeping the club ticking over, I know the in law pays £15 a month, and all money goes towards wages + running costs etc.

Do you think ;

A.  We would have enough fans who would willingly do this to make it worth while.

B. Could this be something the club would set up?

Just wondered what everyones views were.

:) UTM
Posted by: Marinerz93, May 25, 2015, 5:07pm; Reply: 1
I could understand it from a non league point of view but at league level why would you, league players get far more than they are worth, a reason why clubs operate on the brink.
Posted by: GiveUsAG, May 25, 2015, 6:22pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Laddy89

Their fans pay money into a pot each month to help with wages and keeping the club ticking over, I know the in law pays £15 a month, and all money goes towards wages + running costs etc.

Isn't this why people join the Mariners trust?  
Posted by: chaos33, May 25, 2015, 7:40pm; Reply: 3
I thought that the money you give to the club when purchasing tickets, merchandise etc went into the kitty to pay for upkeep, wages etc. Do Hearts fans pay this as an extra donation then?

As has been said, I guess this is why Trusts have been established.  Still, I guess, if you attend two home matches a month, buy refreshments, a programme, some merchandise and subscribe to the club website you're probably giving the club in the region of £60 a month anyway - that's quite a considerable sum.
Posted by: Laddy89, May 25, 2015, 7:54pm; Reply: 4
Yes they pay £20+ a ticket, but then make monthly direct debit donations which goes towards all sorts of things in the club and they are now in the best financial state for many of years.

Is the mariners trust enough money each year to make a difference though is all im thinking?
Posted by: chaos33, May 25, 2015, 8:15pm; Reply: 5
I see. Well, that's good. Plenty are willing to make a regular or one off donation, evidently.
Posted by: GiveUsAG, May 25, 2015, 10:19pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Laddy89
Yes they pay £20+ a ticket, but then make monthly direct debit donations which goes towards all sorts of things in the club and they are now in the best financial state for many of years.

Is the mariners trust enough money each year to make a difference though is all im thinking?

I do think £15 a year is really cheap. But maybe if we can get enough fans to realise how cheap that actually is, then yeah, I think it'll be enough to make a big difference.

Personally wouldn't mind donating at least a fiver a month to the trust (unemployed at the moment, otherwise I'd pay more).

I've mentioned on the 'Mariners trust' thread, that I believe there has been a massive difference at the club since the Mariners trust has been on the board, particularly in the PR department.  8)
Posted by: Laddy89, May 25, 2015, 11:20pm; Reply: 7
Totally agree mate. The club is really going places i feel
Posted by: barralad, May 26, 2015, 2:13pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from chaos33
I thought that the money you give to the club when purchasing tickets, merchandise etc went into the kitty to pay for upkeep, wages etc. Do Hearts fans pay this as an extra donation then?

As has been said, I guess this is why Trusts have been established.  Still, I guess, if you attend two home matches a month, buy refreshments, a programme, some merchandise and subscribe to the club website you're probably giving the club in the region of £60 a month anyway - that's quite a considerable sum.

I was very surprised at how many Trust members live nowhere near Grimsby. I (think I) know you don't and do travel very regularly to B.P. but for some (a lot!) that appears not to be an option. It is a way of supporting the club from afar, and was, in any event, the reason for the setting up of the Mariners Trust 100 Club scheme where, for "donations" in multiples of £5.00 per month fans get a chance to win a monthly prize as well as helping the Trust to help the club. This also applies to people like myself who after joining some years ago as a £100.00 lifetime member found I was making no further contributions....
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 2:30pm