Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Freemoash88, May 25, 2015, 1:34pm
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/32873951

Think it's a shame I think he's a decent Manager but never be his dad.
Posted by: RichMariner, May 25, 2015, 2:33pm; Reply: 1
He's a good manager but as of yet he doesn't actually have a promotion on his CV - which is a shame, because he worked hard for so long at Burton, but left before they actually went up. He's also come close at Derby and Sheff Utd.

Bit like Slade, really. There's a decent manager in there, but they can't quite get their teams over the line.
Posted by: Meza, May 25, 2015, 2:52pm; Reply: 2
Didn't he get Burton promoted from the Conference
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, May 25, 2015, 2:57pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Meza
Didn't he get Burton promoted from the Conference

Indeed.
Posted by: RichMariner, May 25, 2015, 5:57pm; Reply: 4
Clough left Burton before the season was out - he went to Derby in the January and Roy McFarland officially got them promoted (only just though - they blew a massive lead and scraped over the line on the last day).
Posted by: grimsby pete, May 25, 2015, 6:51pm; Reply: 5
He was always mention for the Town job while at Burton,

I think we had 2 or 3 managers jobs available and he was always on the short list,

I wonder what might have been if we gave him the job.
Posted by: psgmariner, May 25, 2015, 8:44pm; Reply: 6
Huge club, huge fanbase for the league and failed to get promoted. Deservedly sacked for failing. Imagine if we put up with that...
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, May 25, 2015, 9:22pm; Reply: 7
Some managers just aren't lucky  :-/
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 25, 2015, 9:29pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Freemoash88
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/32873951

Think it's a shame I think he's a decent Manager but never be his dad.

I was lucky enough to see Brian ( the legend ) Clough in real life, admittedly from a distance in a stand, Elland Road Leeds 45,000, in my opinion the best manager to have never managed you know who.

Posted by: Kymariner12, May 26, 2015, 1:56am; Reply: 9
I'd have to disagree in saying he was close at Derby. He's a nice guy but didn't really get them going and didn't finish in the top 6. Mclaren went in and transformed the team.
Posted by: AdamHaddock, May 26, 2015, 8:24pm; Reply: 10
Slightly rash decision by the blerds. He won't be short of offers
Posted by: diehardmariner, May 27, 2015, 10:01am; Reply: 11
Quoted from promotion plaice

I was lucky enough to see Brian ( the legend ) Clough in real life, admittedly from a distance in a stand, Elland Road Leeds 45,000, in my opinion the best manager to have never managed you know who.

Voldermort?
Posted by: RonMariner, May 27, 2015, 3:06pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Kymariner12
I'd have to disagree in saying he was close at Derby. He's a nice guy but didn't really get them going and didn't finish in the top 6. Mclaren went in and transformed the team.

Unfortunately he transformed them into a team that dropped like a stone from the top of the Championship in the last three months, missed the play offs, and got sacked himself :-)
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 4:24pm