Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: GrimRob, May 23, 2015, 11:44pm
Here's us desperate to get into the Football League and across the water Hull are desperate to stay out of it. Newcastle have been a shambles and deserve to go down, but I can't.see them actually doing so. Having said that if Hull beat Man Utd they probably deserve to stay up.
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 24, 2015, 12:01am; Reply: 1
I was born in Hull and lived there until i was about six years old. My father was a Tigers fanatic and took me to Boothferry Park.

To cut a long story short i used to follow the Tigers as a kid  coming from Cottingham. Now Town through and through and hope Hull will get relegated. My wife is a Newcastle fan coming from Whitley Bay so for one day only i'm a Man Utd fan.

Posted by: Maringer, May 24, 2015, 12:05am; Reply: 2
I'd much rather see Newcastle relegated than Dull.

Ashley, in particular, deserves it and it must be said it has been a very rare occasion that I've met a Geordie without a massive chip on their shoulder. Alas, I reckon Manyoo will probably do for them tomorrow.
Posted by: LH, May 24, 2015, 12:28am; Reply: 3
Hopefully it's Newcastle. Maybe two relegations in 7/8 years will bring their idiot fans back down to earth and they will realise they are not a giant of world football.

"The best fans in the world" - average roughly one protest a season about whoevers fault it is that year that they're not fighting it out for the title and when their club does actually need some support they're boycotting the ground. Probably the PL club (besides Man Utd) I detest the most.

That said I wouldn't mind if Hull went down either. Either way both deserve to go down because they have been woeful all season.
Posted by: GYinScuntland, May 24, 2015, 12:35am; Reply: 4
Quite enjoyed the visits I had to Boothferry Park following Town and went to KC this year against Chelsea, but 50 notes a ticket!! Bet half the buggers in there hope they go down.  ;D
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 24, 2015, 12:52am; Reply: 5
Hope it's Newcastle go down instead of Hull. Got a soft spot for the Mudrats and Geordies are far too cocky about themselves and their club.
Posted by: Abdul19, May 24, 2015, 1:24am; Reply: 6
Newcastle will win 1 out of their last 11 and stay up (pathetic as that is, I'm not sure how they deserve to go down if they get more points than 3 other teams)

Hats off to Steve Bruce though, only spent £65m in the last couple of years.
Posted by: supertown, May 24, 2015, 4:19am; Reply: 7
I hate hull
Posted by: jimgtfc, May 24, 2015, 6:58am; Reply: 8
I reckon with the money hull have spent over the last 2 years if they go down they could be in real trouble. Didn't they pay about £10 million on that Abel Hernandez?
Posted by: ginnywings, May 24, 2015, 7:14am; Reply: 9
If Huddlestone is your star midfielder. then you know you are in the sh1t.

Hope it's Newcastle though as the deluded fookers hounded out Pardew thinking 10th wasn't good enough for them. It's hilarious what has happened since and still they protest. Then there's Ashley; enough said.
Posted by: Garth, May 24, 2015, 7:26am; Reply: 10
Hope Hull make it for me, done us more favours in the past regarding loan players than the Geordies
Posted by: gobby, May 24, 2015, 7:47am; Reply: 11
Hope Ull get stuffed. That is all. 8)
UTMM
Posted by: 75 (Guest), May 24, 2015, 8:01am; Reply: 12
I'm desperate for Hull to be relegated. As others have said, Newcastle deserve it, apparently their players get a full bonus if they finish tenth which shows Ashley just wants to milk the cash cow. From what I've seen, Hull have given their all but I still want them down.
Posted by: fleabag1970, May 24, 2015, 8:22am; Reply: 13
The only Reason to Hate Hull is pure jealousy imo ..... I hope they stay up .
Posted by: tintowner, May 24, 2015, 8:35am; Reply: 14
Hull for me.....because nearly every single one  of those twenty odd thousand fans all claim to have watched them even in the dire days when they got two or three thousand at home.
Posted by: oldun, May 24, 2015, 8:36am; Reply: 15
Newcastle in a mess and have been for years. Almost unmanageable. Should not be in Prem League. As for Hull, Steve Bruce is an honest committed manager but has been let down badly by his players, also they seem to have the knack of having injury prone players, even those on a fortune.
Posted by: tintowner, May 24, 2015, 8:38am; Reply: 16
Quoted from tintowner
Hull for me.....because nearly every single one  of those twenty odd thousand fans all claim to have watched them even in the dire days when they got two or three thousand at home.

Oh.....and I work with a deluded mudrat who is convinced that they will do a number on Manure and Newcastle wont win  ;D ;D ;D

and he could be right  ??) ??)
Posted by: Teesknees, May 24, 2015, 8:42am; Reply: 17
Hull to go down....  it'll shut them up a bit on Look Fcking North.... and after all they are Yorkies!

Newcastle to stay up because I liked Auf Wiedereshen Pet and they play in black and white!

Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, May 24, 2015, 8:42am; Reply: 18
I like Steve Bruce, but it has to be Hull going down for me.
Posted by: BIGChris, May 24, 2015, 9:07am; Reply: 19
Newcastle football wise may be in a mess but as a business continue to be hugely profitable for their owner. I don't think he gives a stuff about the football or the fans and sees it totally differently to virtually every other owner in the land.

As for Hull, it can't be happening, they were clamouring for Davies, Huddlestone & Livermore for England selection less than 12 months ago. Now, for whatever reasons, they may not even get in Hulls team. On the odd occasoion I have seen them on TV they work hard but totally devoid of skill, flair or creativity. They make GTFC look like the Harlem Globetrotters.

BTW has Steve Bruce tested positive for salad yet?  ;D
Posted by: Maringer, May 24, 2015, 9:24am; Reply: 20
Huddlestone is surely the laziest fecker ever to don an England shirt. He's got a good touch and can pass the ball well enough but never breaks out of a jog - if he had a work ethic, he'd be useful. I reckon he'd be better off playing centre-half as he would actually have to put the effort in there instead of just ambling around pointlessly in midfield.

Livermore is a clownshoe of the highest order. How many millions in wages has he lost himself over the next few years because he couldn't resist the urge to stuff some powder up his nose? Halfwit.

With those two signed to be the core of the team, you can see why they have struggled this season.
Posted by: Maido123, May 24, 2015, 9:40am; Reply: 21
hull to go down then us and grimsby may get more coverage on hullberside UTI
Posted by: SamTheMariner, May 24, 2015, 9:42am; Reply: 22
I usually cannot bring myself to support Man. Utd under any circumstances, even against Hull, but today, for one day only, I will support Man U just so Hull can go down.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, May 24, 2015, 9:51am; Reply: 23
Both teams urine me off so either one  ;D
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, May 24, 2015, 9:58am; Reply: 24
Can't be arsed with hull either way but want them to go down to spite that dickhea.d owner who's trying to change their name . Let's see how marketable Hull Targers are to the Far East in the championshop u to.sser Allam .
Posted by: KK_DOG, May 24, 2015, 10:28am; Reply: 25
Hull to go down and we could be playing them in two seasons. Wishful thinking.
Posted by: N2K, May 24, 2015, 10:34am; Reply: 26
With a Sunderland fan and a Grimsby fan in my household, someone is going to be rather happy today! Hull were always punching above their weight with Allam's money being pumped in. Hope Hull go down.
Posted by: Meza, May 24, 2015, 10:36am; Reply: 27
Part of me wants Hull to go down but the other half wants Newcastle as i cant stand Ashley who has one eye on Rangers, how can you give your club the full attention to one club.

Anyway im in a win win situation lol
Posted by: Marinerz93, May 24, 2015, 10:49am; Reply: 28
I've always hated Hull with a passion, probably the only club I have truly hated.  That said I now find myself wanting them to stay up, they were at one point a penny away from being bust, they were locked out of their ground and they only had 3,000 to 5,000 following them.

You have to keep in mind that Hull has always been a Rugby city, and I know some of the tigers fans who have followed them through the dark days.  These aren't the type of people who gloat, they are humble, and appreciate how tough it can be when you are up against it and they wish us success, unlike the Gimps the dirty Scunts.

Newcastle haven't struggled like us and Hull, I think the furthest down the football pyramid they haven't been below the Championship in their history and it would be great to see them drop like a stone.

I vote Hull to stay up but I think the Geordies will do it.
Posted by: friskneymariner, May 24, 2015, 11:56am; Reply: 29
Hull to go down if only to hear David Burns having a meltdown.
Posted by: WetFlannel, May 24, 2015, 12:58pm; Reply: 30
Anybody who believes Newcastle fans expectations are deluded are an embarrassment. 'We have 32 million in the bank, get 52,000 turning up for a team that doesn't try and we don't expect to be in a situation where we're fighting relegation'. Deluded illegitimates! Meanwhile we demand to win every game because we're 'too big for the Conference'
Posted by: Peeler_Crab, May 24, 2015, 1:19pm; Reply: 31
Again, like the last thread similar to this the other week - Hull down please!

Shouldn't even be in question imo.
Posted by: Marinerz93, May 24, 2015, 3:30pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from WetFlannel
Anybody who believes Newcastle fans expectations are deluded are an embarrassment. 'We have 32 million in the bank, get 52,000 turning up for a team that doesn't try and we don't expect to be in a situation where we're fighting relegation'. Deluded illegitimates! Meanwhile we demand to win every game because we're 'too big for the Conference'

Other clubs also say we are too big for the conference so Town fans aren't as deluded as you claim.  However, no one but the geordies claim they are the best fans in the universe.  So take your 'deluded illegitimates comment' and shove it, excrement sticks to a wetflannel.

When the self proclaimed best fans in the universe were struggling at the bottom of the championship they were getting under 10,000, best fans in the universe my bottom.
Posted by: WetFlannel, May 24, 2015, 3:45pm; Reply: 33
Two things. Number 1- I don't think we're deluded. But to complain about comments like that when all clubs have em is short sighted. Number 2- that year there were protests against the owner and unlike modern fans they talked with their feet. They've constantly had some of the best support in the country bar for 2 or so years in the 80s and that's all people mention!
Posted by: Meza, May 24, 2015, 3:48pm; Reply: 34
Well Ashley is saving money from Newcastle and giving it to Rangers haha
Posted by: MuddyWaters, May 24, 2015, 4:04pm; Reply: 35
Dislike Ashley and Allam - but Hull must go down in payback for what the Allam family did to North Ferriby.
Posted by: Badger57, May 24, 2015, 4:17pm; Reply: 36
Can't stand either but very glad that Newcastle have just scored!  :-)
Posted by: Meza, May 24, 2015, 4:20pm; Reply: 37
If hull score and it stays as it is bye bye Villa lol
Posted by: BIGChris, May 24, 2015, 4:24pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from Meza
If hull score and it stays as it is bye bye Villa lol

.??

Posted by: CambsMariner, May 24, 2015, 4:29pm; Reply: 39
When was the last time we played Hull City in a league game?
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, May 24, 2015, 4:37pm; Reply: 40

http://www.11v11.com/teams/hull-city/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Grimsby%20Town
Posted by: Meza, May 24, 2015, 4:38pm; Reply: 41
Villa on 38 -24gd
Hull on 35 -18 gd

Bloody bbc taken Hulls 0-0 as a result so they are on 34 but bbc shows it as 35 confusing lol
Posted by: Meza, May 24, 2015, 4:40pm; Reply: 42
Liverpool need a bloody good sort out the amount of 'average' players that they have on the books is unreal.
Posted by: CambsMariner, May 24, 2015, 4:43pm; Reply: 43
Cheers TRJL. I can't believe it was 1966 the last time we beat them in the league.
Posted by: Badger57, May 24, 2015, 4:45pm; Reply: 44
Woohoo!!!  Newcastle 2 up,  all over!!!  :-) :-) :-)
Posted by: Badger57, May 24, 2015, 4:46pm; Reply: 45
Poor old Burnsey!  :'( :'( :'( :'( lololololol :-)
Posted by: Meza, May 24, 2015, 4:49pm; Reply: 46
Hahahahaha

Burnsy is a right ####
Posted by: LH, May 24, 2015, 4:49pm; Reply: 47
Really pleased for Jonas getting that goal too - a really good news story.
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 24, 2015, 4:55pm; Reply: 48
Hull relegated.... 8)
Posted by: Meza, May 24, 2015, 4:58pm; Reply: 49
What was it that Steve Bruce said would happen if relegated the players on high wages would have to take a 50% paycut?
Posted by: BIGChris, May 24, 2015, 5:08pm; Reply: 50
Quoted from Meza
What was it that Steve Bruce said would happen if relegated the players on high wages would have to take a 50% paycut?

He said it was written into all contracts including his!

Incidentally the BBC table you were lost king at was an 'in play' version  :P

Posted by: Meza, May 24, 2015, 5:14pm; Reply: 51
Quoted from BIGChris

Haha

I realised afterwards mate.  Still cant fault them for putting those clauses in otherwise they could end up being another Portsmouth.
Posted by: 97 (Guest), May 24, 2015, 6:28pm; Reply: 52
Don't really have the dislike/hate for Hull that others have. It's always been Scunny that I can't stand  ;)

Wanted to see Newcastle go down purely to punish Ashley for running a football club like a discount clothes store. Soulless shell of a club and representative of everything wrong with football. A disgrace.
Posted by: Civvy at last, May 24, 2015, 9:19pm; Reply: 53
Happy to see the Mudrats down.
ASOTNSOTB.
Posted by: coddy60, May 25, 2015, 8:35am; Reply: 54
Quoted from BIGChris

Look north reported 6 weeks ago that Hulls 1st team average wage is 43k, which will drop to10k average upon relegation...
Posted by: SamTheMariner, May 25, 2015, 8:47am; Reply: 55
Quoted from Meza
Liverpool need a bloody good sort out the amount of 'average' players that they have on the books is unreal.

That's true, just proves how reliant they were on Suarez last year.

I like Liverpool but seeing that yesterday was embarrassing.
Posted by: gobby, May 25, 2015, 9:16am; Reply: 56
;D 8)
UTMM
Posted by: ginnywings, May 25, 2015, 9:22am; Reply: 57
Quoted from coddy60

Look north reported 6 weeks ago that Hulls 1st team average wage is 43k, which will drop to10k average upon relegation...

How will they manage on that paltry sum?
Posted by: Grim74, May 25, 2015, 9:54am; Reply: 58
Great result might stop a few from here traveling over the bridge now. Newcastle have got the best fans in country for me, I don't ever remember them getting below 10000 in the championship as some has posted.
Posted by: arryarryarry, May 26, 2015, 11:28am; Reply: 59
Quoted from Grim74
Great result might stop a few from here traveling over the bridge now. Newcastle have got the best fans in country for me, I don't ever remember them getting below 10000 in the championship as some has posted.

Yet they can boo, walk out, scream for the manager and chairman to be sacked like other clubs fans.

Posted by: SamTheMariner, May 26, 2015, 11:34am; Reply: 60
We're a bad set of fans really. We win a couple of games, Lenny is the best striker ever and Hurst is tactical genius then we draw at home to Nuneaton and Lenny is Sh!te, Hurst is useless, Midfield inept and its the same people who said Lenny was epic the week before.
Posted by: Maringer, May 26, 2015, 11:52am; Reply: 61
Quoted from arryarryarry

Yet they can boo, walk out, scream for the manager and chairman to be sacked like other clubs fans.

No doubt at all that Newcastle have the best fans in the country*.

(* when it comes to protesting against the manager/chairman/name of the stadium/price of bovril/shirts etc etc etc)
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, May 26, 2015, 12:17pm; Reply: 62
Do they have a flask complaint dept??
Posted by: RoboCod, May 26, 2015, 12:24pm; Reply: 63
Their protest against being in the Premiership top 10 was very effective.
Posted by: Abdul19, May 26, 2015, 12:39pm; Reply: 64
What does "best fans" even mean anyway?
Posted by: Maringer, May 26, 2015, 1:31pm; Reply: 65
Quoted from Abdul19
What does "best fans" even mean anyway?

Depends how deluded you are.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, May 26, 2015, 1:35pm; Reply: 66
According to one of the sunday papers, Hull will still make a fortune from relegation.

They will get £75 million in parachute payments alone.  £25M next season, then £20M, then £20M and then £10M in their fourth season.

Even this season with relegation, they received £66.1M. The vast majority of this money was the standard £55M allocated to all clubs equally.  

How different is this from our level?

Another thought, if Town were in the Championship now we would be unable to compete with clubs with this rich backing, year on year.
Posted by: barralad, May 26, 2015, 2:03pm; Reply: 67
Quoted from SamTheMariner

That's true, just proves how reliant they were on Suarez last year.

I like Liverpool but seeing that yesterday was embarrassing hilarious.

Amended for the sake of accuracy....
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 4:46pm