Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Meza, May 23, 2015, 2:17pm
Anybody know how much we will receive?

I heard it was 50% is split between GY & BR and 50% split between the rest of the conference excluding Barnet.  So what does that work out to be.

So ticket prices where  £41 & £35 and £10 for neutrals.

Not sure how many purchased each ticket price but lets say avg £30

47000 @ £30 is £1,410,000

Split that in half and you get £705,000 shared between us and BR its £352,500 and the other half split between 21 teams Is around £33,000 each.

Im not even taking into account money for Wembley or seetickets.
Posted by: pontoonlew, May 23, 2015, 2:36pm; Reply: 1
Think somebody said we'd get less than 100k each. Meaning See Tickets made more than both clubs, and the football world wonder why teams end up in the shite.
Posted by: Meza, May 23, 2015, 2:43pm; Reply: 2
Thats crap im sure if it was all calculated properly and not a guess figure like what ive done it will be more that means see tickets have taken an awful lot of money.

What is wrong with this football world the FA are as bad as FIFA the robbing gits.
Posted by: LH, May 23, 2015, 2:47pm; Reply: 3
We won't get anything like £350k hence the need for fans to get their heads and wallets together to help fund the playing budget.

The football fans and writers might wonder why clubs end up in the shite but those at the top of world football couldn't give two shits for as long as Gazprom and Continental Tyres are lining their pockets.
Posted by: Meza, May 23, 2015, 2:52pm; Reply: 4
Well its absolutely disgraceful.  I understand the staff at Wembley at at seetickets need paying and the cost of using Wembley but to take atleast 70% of the takings is just plain greedy.  Seetickets have 3 more finals yet.
Posted by: diehardmariner, May 23, 2015, 6:10pm; Reply: 5
Cost of hiring Wembley is said to be phenomenal.  

I'm sure the Conference twitter bell said on the FGR forum something along the lines of the losses made in the Vase and Trophy finals came out of the play-oplay-off final takings too.

Or maybe I just made that up.

Posted by: GrimRob, May 23, 2015, 6:42pm; Reply: 6
Wembley employs a huge amount of people, all of whom need paying. It's not like a normal football game.
Posted by: GiveUsAG, May 23, 2015, 7:06pm; Reply: 7
What about TV rights? BT sport, don't either clubs get anything from them?

I do think no matter how you work it all out, the money the clubs will receive will be crap, and you just know it'll be the FA and the conference will be the ones that would have profited most.

The winners of a final gets a money prize, don't the runners up also get a money prize too (obviously if so, it'll be a lot less than the winners)?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 23, 2015, 10:19pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from GiveUsAG
What about TV rights? BT sport, don't either clubs get anything from them?

I do think no matter how you work it all out, the money the clubs will receive will be crap, and you just know it'll be the FA and the conference will be the ones that would have profited most.

The winners of a final gets a money prize, don't the runners up also get a money prize too (obviously if so, it'll be a lot less than the winners)?

Suspect the Conf won't make anything. Profits will accrue to FA to go towards the Wembley mortgage. And SEE Tickets.
Posted by: Maringer, May 24, 2015, 9:30am; Reply: 9
Quoted from diehardmariner

I'm sure the Conference twitter bell said on the FGR forum something along the lines of the losses made in the Vase and Trophy finals came out of the play-oplay-off final takings too.

I don't imagine that could be the case. The Trophy and the Vase are FA competitions so nothing to do with the Conference as an organisation. If the FA had any sort of gumption, they would offer the Conference a discounted rate for the hiring of Wembley, knowing that the money was going back into Non-League football. Alas, we know that they are utter clownshoes so you can pretty much guarantee that we'll be paying the maximum rate in addition to the special See Tickets penalty tax.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, May 24, 2015, 9:36am; Reply: 10
Why have the games at wembley anyway??? The whole place stinks of corporate greed.

The wetherspoons at wembley amazed me too by having 'special event pricing'. Is this even legal???
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 24, 2015, 11:05am; Reply: 11
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Why have the games at wembley anyway??? The whole place stinks of corporate greed.

The wetherspoons at wembley amazed me too by having 'special event pricing'. Is this even legal???

It's simply to help cover the cost of Wembley.

Not sure about the Spoons question. I assume they do it because they can.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, May 24, 2015, 1:31pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from KingstonMariner

It's simply to help cover the cost of Wembley.

Not sure about the Spoons question. I assume they do it because they can.

I did confront the 'manager', and when I asked to see the tariff, she said they don't have to show one. Now, having not worked in the licensed trade for a few years, I wasn't sure if this was actually legal???

Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 24, 2015, 3:19pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

I did confront the 'manager', and when I asked to see the tariff, she said they don't have to show one. Now, having not worked in the licensed trade for a few years, I wasn't sure if this was actually legal???

I think they do have to produce the tariff. There's always been one posted on a wall (in small print) in bars.
Posted by: GYinScuntland, May 24, 2015, 4:39pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I think they do have to produce the tariff. There's always been one posted on a wall (in small print) in bars.

Legal obligation to have it on display at all times. If that's the same Wemley one, the GF and I got turfed out at 9.30am as it was Bristol Rovers designated.
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 2:00pm