Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Cod Cheeks, May 22, 2015, 6:11pm
Just watched Austin Mitchell's positive film about our town and thought he'd done a really good job.

What do you guys think?
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, May 22, 2015, 7:02pm; Reply: 1
[youtube]B_YOjETHIv8[/youtube]
Posted by: KK_DOG, May 22, 2015, 7:14pm; Reply: 2
Is it as good as The Pitch Work Begins ?
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, May 22, 2015, 7:27pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from KK_DOG
Is it as good as The Pitch Work Begins ?
Just finished watching it, I would say no... lol

Didn't even mention the football club.  :(
Posted by: Meza, May 22, 2015, 7:52pm; Reply: 4
Thanks Nelly really enjoyed that shame GTFC wasn't mentioned but atleast things are looking up in GY we just need the council to sort themselves out and start putting back in the community

As they say

I am Grimsby till i die i know iam im sure i am
I am Grimsby till I die
Posted by: big al, May 22, 2015, 8:02pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
[youtube]B_YOjETHIv8[/youtube]

loved watching this - thanks
Posted by: Grim74, May 22, 2015, 11:37pm; Reply: 6
This is the film that was supposed to counteract the sacha baron Cohen film in which supposedly portrays our town as a excrement hole full of rampaging drunken chavs.
Well this short film did nothing of the sort because it kept well away from the real Grimsby, Instead focussing on the commercial side of the town and showing what a thriving port town we have.
All well and good business is booming here then by all accounts!! but what about the image of our town and people Austin?
I was expecting to see filming in and around the town meeting everyday people who actually live here, showing the community projects, our parks, shopping centre, leisure facilities, sports clubs including the famous black and whites.
Also the d list celebs that took part seemed a bit of a desperate move for me, with Kevin who lives in London and supports the scunts strolling along cleethorpes beech, the stinking hypocrite Guy Martin tinkering with his trucks (does he ever get owt done in that garage) and Patricia who is she Hodge narrating although to be fair to her she did a good job, but where was our Tommy? a proper proud Grimmy if ever there was one.
I may sound critical of the film but only in the context it's been made for, because from a business point of view I think this is an excellent advertisement, it shows Grimsby as a booming port town on the up, and can only be Good for bringing in future investment.
Posted by: LH, May 22, 2015, 11:52pm; Reply: 7
Agree "Kevin from Grimsby who is actually from Waltham, supports Scunthorpe and lives in London" can intercourse right off.

I didn't actually realise how famous Guy Martin was until I moved away and the motorbike male masturbators (if you ride one you are a male masturbator there is no two ways about it - I'm sorry I've got to break it to you) I saw wearing his teeshirts etc in various JRMs around the forces. He is genuinely world famous though evidently. Although I think his TV stuff uses a bit of artistic licence as many from out of NEL think he works in some sort of olde worlde chariot garage.
Posted by: Plankton, May 23, 2015, 12:20am; Reply: 8
I'd never heard of Guy Martin, I've probably been under a rock. I've been living down south for the past year or so and when I mention Grimsby/Lincolnshire his name is usually the name that pops up! I even had to Google him the first time as I looked gone out at a lady questioning me about his life. The film has done the job, but to not mention the football club is a poor show. Could have done with Tommy Turgoose's involvement.
Posted by: gaz57, May 23, 2015, 12:30am; Reply: 9
Son in law has Guy  Martin's book in which he apparently calls Grimsby a sh1t hole.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, May 23, 2015, 8:58am; Reply: 10
Great film, would be nice if Cameron fulfilled his promise and helped create more jobs here, Can't knock any of the celeb's from here they have worked bloody hard to get where they are now. Guy Martin is a great down to earth bloke with more guts than most people, Patrica Hodge is pure class personified.

I was born and raised on the grange 99.9% of the families are honest hard working people who just get on with life the .1% shown on skint do not reflect all of this town but hey like jeremy kyle some people like to make an easy buck by slagging somebody else off.

At least people here talk to you and pass the time of day try doing that  down sarf.  
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 7:59pm