Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, May 21, 2015, 4:43pm
York fans all wished him luck and thanked him for his many years of good service. Many wanted him to stay as a utility back-up player. One thought that he might link up with Gary Mills at Wrexham.

I have my doubts about him coming back to us.  He was an effective sub at Wembley though and did put in that great cross near the end.  

Posted by: gtfc98, May 21, 2015, 4:46pm; Reply: 1
He did well at Wembley but I'd personally be disappointed to see him back here. We can do a lot better. Good luck though Danny, you seem like a nice bloke.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, May 21, 2015, 4:46pm; Reply: 2
if his wages are not too high, i would have him as a back up, can play in a few different positions
Posted by: Hagrid, May 21, 2015, 5:23pm; Reply: 3
I would be happy to see him here
Posted by: Meza, May 21, 2015, 5:25pm; Reply: 4
I think we can do better and i don't mean to sound disrespectful but some more mobile.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 21, 2015, 5:41pm; Reply: 5
I think he would be a good addition to our squad, versatile and clearly a good pro.
Posted by: Garth, May 21, 2015, 5:50pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from HertsGTFC
I think he would be a good addition to our squad, versatile and clearly a good pro.

Agreed a useful player to have in a small squad
Posted by: itsnotcoditshaddock, May 21, 2015, 5:57pm; Reply: 7
Sign him up.
Posted by: SamTheMariner, May 21, 2015, 6:03pm; Reply: 8
As long as his wages aren't excessive, which I don't think they will be I expect Hurst to have a look at him.
Posted by: ackomariner, May 21, 2015, 6:08pm; Reply: 9
Put the money towards a good striker who will get us out of this league and forget about parslow......not good enough IMO
Posted by: blundellpork, May 21, 2015, 6:19pm; Reply: 10
Not good enough for a promotion team. We can and should aim higher.

Porky
Posted by: grimsby pete, May 21, 2015, 6:44pm; Reply: 11
As long as he is up to Par and is not too slow,

I would have him back,

A very good back up player.
Posted by: jimgtfc, May 21, 2015, 7:19pm; Reply: 12
Versatile, reliable, experienced and knows the club and players. If the deals right he'll be a good addition to the squad.

At this time of year though the market is saturated with out of contract players, and my guess would be that PH will scour that market for someone better.

Whether he ends up in a town shirt again or not I wish him well.
Posted by: ginnywings, May 21, 2015, 7:30pm; Reply: 13
Wouldn't be bothered if we signed him, wouldn't be bothered if we didn't. He has experience and is versatile. Also has a promotion from this league to his name.
Posted by: jock dock tower, May 21, 2015, 7:43pm; Reply: 14
I remember similar concerns being raised about Paul Futcher when we signed him from Halifax reserves when he couldn't get a first team game.
Posted by: arryarryarry, May 21, 2015, 7:58pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from jock dock tower
I remember similar concerns being raised about Paul Futcher when we signed him from Halifax reserves when he couldn't get a first team game.

Absolutely no comparison.

Posted by: ivanosandwich, May 21, 2015, 8:53pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from grimsby pete
As long as he is up to Par and is not too slow,

I would have him back,

A very good back up player.

I saw what you did there Pete.
Posted by: LongEatonMariner, May 21, 2015, 10:43pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from ackomariner
Put the money towards a good striker who will get us out of this league and forget about parslow......not good enough IMO

If we spend his salary on a striker, who will provide defensive cover? When we say we get players in on a free, it doesn't mean we don't pay them ;-)
Posted by: jock dock tower, May 21, 2015, 11:20pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from arryarryarry

Absolutely no comparison.

With hindsight, definitely. When we signed him, and he was languishing in the Halifax reserve team the reaction from most fans I spoke to was WTF? He turned out to be a Town great, but nobody was to know that when we signed him, that was the point I was trying to make?

Posted by: Tommy, May 21, 2015, 11:43pm; Reply: 19
Had his best game in a Town shirt at Wembley, but not one I would offer a deal.

Steady Eddie I suspect more at centre-back than anything else, but we could and should be aiming for higher quality if we are having a no-nonsense assault on the championship next season.
Posted by: Abdul19, May 21, 2015, 11:51pm; Reply: 20
I reckon the Paul Futcher example has been put forward for about 7305 signings and potential signings over the last couple of decades!

Class is permanent and all that!
Posted by: oldun, May 22, 2015, 8:51am; Reply: 21
I wish him no ill, but I will be disappointed if he returned. If we are serious about winning the league we should try for better.
Posted by: BIGChris, May 22, 2015, 8:56am; Reply: 22
Quoted from oldun
I wish him no ill, but I will be disappointed if he returned. If we are serious about winning the league we should try for better.

We arent going to have 21 top class players (for this level).

Wouldnt want him as  first choice but as back up and a utility sub  he would beacceptable.
Posted by: arryarryarry, May 22, 2015, 9:10am; Reply: 23
We could always utilise him by bringing him on when we are 2-0 up in games. ;)
Posted by: ginnywings, May 22, 2015, 9:18am; Reply: 24
Quoted from BIGChris

We arent going to have 21 top class players (for this level).

Wouldnt want him as  first choice but as back up and a utility sub  he would beacceptable.

Agreed.

Wouldn't be alarmed if we signed him. York fans are fond of him and they have seen him over many seasons.
Posted by: diehardmariner, May 22, 2015, 11:08am; Reply: 25
I can see us having a much smaller squad this season, very few fringe players like Hannah, McLaughlin and Bignot.  If that's the case players like Parslow are essential as they can cover many positions.

As said by many above, don't particularly want him as first choice but as back-up he's fine and I would imagine relatively affordable.
Posted by: bobbyturtle, May 22, 2015, 11:09am; Reply: 26
We now what we are going to get. A useful player for the squad. Yes
Posted by: mariner91, May 22, 2015, 11:15am; Reply: 27
As many have said, he's not going to be first choice but he's an okay back up player to have.
Posted by: big al, May 22, 2015, 11:25am; Reply: 28
Think you could say he played a very positive part at Wembley after he came on  - his final ball was good on a few occasions
Posted by: oldun, May 22, 2015, 12:09pm; Reply: 29
I maybe won't renew my season ticket if he signs
Posted by: Maringer, May 22, 2015, 12:25pm; Reply: 30
Having Parslow for cover at full-back and centre-half plus (at a push) central midfield wouldn't be too bad, providing he's not too expensive. With Bignot and Walker gone, he would be useful enough backup I'd have thought.

If would be nice if one of the handful of youngsters we still have could break through to become regular members of the squad but it is very difficult when every game counts and the team has been quite settled. Hurst, being the cautious manager he is, will always prefer an experienced older Pro to an untested youngster, unless they really have something about their game.
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, May 22, 2015, 12:26pm; Reply: 31
It's pathatic that you would consider not renewing your season ticket because of one player!!
Posted by: rancido, May 22, 2015, 1:07pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from jock dock tower

I seem to recall that the Halifax manager at the time had a big fall out with Futch and was keeping him in the reserves as some form of punishment. It was such a long time ago that I can't recall the full details but I do think this was the bare bones of why he was in Halifax reserve team.
Posted by: gtfc98, May 22, 2015, 1:17pm; Reply: 33
Did someone just compare Danny Parslow to Paul Futcher?  ??) ??)

FFS
Posted by: LongEatonMariner, May 22, 2015, 1:34pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from oldun
I maybe won't renew my season ticket if he signs

Will you withdraw your Fishy membership as well? ;-)
Posted by: Kymariner12, May 22, 2015, 1:37pm; Reply: 35
I wouldn't mind him back in a town shirt
Posted by: arryarryarry, May 22, 2015, 1:44pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from big al
Think you could say he played a very positive part at Wembley after he came on  - his final ball was good on a few occasions

Well he did put the best cross of the game in.
Posted by: mariner91, May 22, 2015, 1:46pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from arryarryarry

Well he did put the best cross of the game in.

One of the best crosses any of our players have put in all season! All it needed was the slightest of touches from anyone, if only...  :'(
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, May 22, 2015, 5:30pm; Reply: 38
I was reading the York Press today.  There was a very large headline on the back page about Parslow. The whole of the back page was devoted to the many tributes paid to his professionalism and his abilities etc over the last 9 years.

Parslow did very well in our most important game at Wembley when he came on.  On reflection, I would be happy if some of next seasons payroll was allocated to him as a utility player.  You never know when and who may get injured.  
Posted by: KK_DOG, May 22, 2015, 6:14pm; Reply: 39
Yep, give him a pen and get it done.
Posted by: oldun, May 23, 2015, 9:54am; Reply: 40
Quoted from LongEatonMariner

Will you withdraw your Fishy membership as well? ;-)

Don't think so. I have just received my highest number of x's, I can't quit now! Anyway one great cross at Wembley hasn't swayed me
Posted by: LongEatonMariner, May 23, 2015, 9:38pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from oldun

Don't think so. I have just received my highest number of x's, I can't quit now! Anyway one great cross at Wembley hasn't swayed me

Haha fair play!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 23, 2015, 10:25pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from blundellpork
We can and should aim higher.

Porky

Noooo! That's exactly what went wrong with JP in the penalties.
Posted by: gobby, May 24, 2015, 8:01am; Reply: 43
Its a yes from me. As long as he is happy to pay second fiddle, but I can not in all honesty see that happening as he would be first choice for many teams in this league ie Lincoln! 8)
UTMM
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 9:01am