Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 20, 2015, 10:48pm
All this positivity from the fans and posters on here is making me feel better already, after Sundays result i thought it would take me weeks to get over it but now i am looking forward to next season with a good feeling. We pick ourselves up and move on. Sorry if already mentioned and will delete if so.
Posted by: sutton mariner, May 20, 2015, 10:52pm; Reply: 1
Agree. First time I've felt positive after a defeat since Huddersfield in the cup.
Posted by: LongEatonMariner, May 20, 2015, 10:55pm; Reply: 2
Just imagine how positive it would have been if we'd actually won the game and got ourselves promoted!  
Posted by: Abdul19, May 20, 2015, 10:57pm; Reply: 3
hirsts out!

Oh, I've not got the hang of this ;)
Posted by: LondonMariner43, May 21, 2015, 8:18am; Reply: 4
It's important that the Club, the Trust and we the fans keep up some momentum through the summer.  PH needs a holiday but it's easy during June/ July for anxiety to set in around signings etc and then when we get a traditional pre season beating from someone.  The Club should try and keep a regular (what PR people call) positive newsflow.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, May 21, 2015, 8:26am; Reply: 5
It seems that most fans (me included) are more than happy if Town give 100% effort and play as a team, seeing the celebrations by the players against Eastleigh showed how much it meant to them and this means a lot to fans.

Make no mistake I was very disappointed by the result Sunday but if we can keep the spine of the team and this team spirit it should make for a great season next season. Can't wait!  :)
Posted by: BIGChris, May 21, 2015, 8:29am; Reply: 6
Agree with LM43. hopefully this positivity is not slowed and news re season tickets, re-signings, new signings, away kit, merchandishing come as a steady stream throughout the summer building to a crescendo come Aug 8th and beyond.

Please no 'statements' in double dutch!!! ;)
Posted by: ginnywings, May 21, 2015, 9:05am; Reply: 7
Sunday was a massive body blow. I can take losing-it's what the game is all about- there can only be one winner, but jeez that was hard to bear considering the manner we lost in and the fact that we should have been home and hosed after 90 mins. All those little moments of luck needed went against us, which was my fear before the game started. If they'd outplayed us then fair enough, easier to live with.

I immediately had this feeling of injustice and felt this weirdly protective emotion toward the players, fans and in particular Paul Hurst. Surprised myself really, as i've been one of his biggest critics. I've never felt that connection between Hurst and the fans and didn't think it would ever happen, but it seems to have emerged over the last third of the season. It's not just the results either. Slade got results but i never took to him at all.

So, he'll get my full backing for the start of next season. Has to deliver this time though or we will have to have a re-think.
Posted by: highcliff mariner, May 21, 2015, 9:22am; Reply: 8
Quoted from ginnywings
Sunday was a massive body blow. I can take losing-it's what the game is all about- there can only be one winner, but jeez that was hard to bear considering the manner we lost in and the fact that we should have been home and hosed after 90 mins. All those little moments of luck needed went against us, which was my fear before the game started. If they'd outplayed us then fair enough, easier to live with.

I immediately had this feeling of injustice and felt this weirdly protective emotion toward the players, fans and in particular Paul Hurst. Surprised myself really, as i've been one of his biggest critics. I've never felt that connection between Hurst and the fans and didn't think it would ever happen, but it seems to have emerged over the last third of the season. It's not just the results either. Slade got results but i never took to him at all.

So, he'll get my full backing for the start of next season. Has to deliver this time though or we will have to have a re-think.

Said exactly this yesterday at work . Hell I've joined the trust ( been threatening it for a while )
Next season can't come quick enough .
UTM
Posted by: GrimRob, May 21, 2015, 1:32pm; Reply: 9
It really feels like there is a determination to get this club back into the Football League. We've lost a battle but not lost the war. But it feels like people now believe we can do it whereas perhaps a year ago they didn't.
Posted by: grimps, May 21, 2015, 1:53pm; Reply: 10
I'll start to get excited when i see what squad we have at the start of the season.
I cant help that feel that we are going to lose a few of this current team and wonder if they can be replaced
Print page generated: April 16, 2024, 4:40pm