Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: StaffsMariner, May 20, 2015, 1:26pm
I hope those that have been offered new contracts are aware that the squad and manager who get us out of this hellhole of a division will become instant grimsby legends.
This past season (and a steward at FGR) seems to have galvanised the squad and fans to start working together and once again be the twelth man.
This coming season we need to be positive fom the off and make so much noise at home that the players cant hear the gobsh**es that boo players rather than be supportive. they should keep their critique for social media.
ill be subscribing to mariners player (1st time since we came down) and getting the new shirt to wear(1st for 8 years) with the new found pride in our team.
40 years a fan and many more to come
GRIMSBY TILL I DIE!!
Posted by: Kymariner12, May 20, 2015, 1:54pm; Reply: 1
Agreed. Next season it's a level playing field, no Luton or bristol, be surprised if any of the 2 coming down pose a real threat. Our away form will be great again, just need to turn draws at home into wins.
Posted by: GrimRob, May 20, 2015, 2:46pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Kymariner12
Agreed. Next season it's a level playing field, no Luton or bristol, be surprised if any of the 2 coming down pose a real threat. Our away form will be great again, just need to turn draws at home into wins.

Tranmere surely will be a big threat, they had an average attendance of 5200 last season (Bristol Rovers had 6400 the year before when they went down). They should be able to have a very competitive budget on that support level plus the parachute payment.

Anyone know if any of the 4 promoted clubs have any money behind them?
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, May 20, 2015, 3:02pm; Reply: 3
Don't forget away flowings will have been a lot larger in that league rob.
Posted by: mariner91, May 20, 2015, 3:08pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from GrimRob

Tranmere surely will be a big threat, they had an average attendance of 5200 last season (Bristol Rovers had 6400 the year before when they went down). They should be able to have a very competitive budget on that support level plus the parachute payment.

Anyone know if any of the 4 promoted clubs have any money behind them?

Barrow have supposedly. But I don't think either of the Conference South teams do.
Posted by: nightrider, May 20, 2015, 3:31pm; Reply: 5
Tranmere will have similar support to us I would think
Posted by: Quagmire, May 20, 2015, 4:15pm; Reply: 6
I don't think that next season is going to be as simple as some on here are making out.

We'll still have sides like FGR and Eastleigh throwing money at it.

Bristol Rovers have proven that it is possible you can get out at the first attempt - Tranmere will have similar, if not better resources than us, so they can't be discounted out of hand with it being their first season down here.

Macclesfield weren't far away and I think Wrexham will also be up there.

I just hope (but not holding my breath) that both on and off the pitch we show far more intent.  None of this 'play offs is the target' rubbish.

We've certainly got to be far better (both in terms of performances and results) at home.  

Hurst appears to have come up with a 'style' of play away from home that yeilds points (whether teams suss us out now for next season is open to debate) but at home we were shocking, irrespective of how close we were to going up I can't see how anyone can be happy with what they saw at BP last season.
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, May 20, 2015, 5:01pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Quagmire

We'll still have sides like FGR and Eastleigh throwing money at it.

I think that's where the real threat lies.
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 5:11am