Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: wigworld, May 19, 2015, 8:59pm
Plenty of good things to say about Town's Wembley performance. No less a bag of wind than usual, but I don't mind when it's about us!  :) Worth a listen.
Starts at 29:35:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02r6rlq

(Apologies if already posted elsewhere).
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), May 19, 2015, 9:07pm; Reply: 1
'A winner is someone who loses and wont put up with it and keeps getting backing up  and I'm going to be a supporter of there's next year' - Ian Holloway speaking about Grimsby after there play-off final defeat.
Posted by: UTFM, May 19, 2015, 9:12pm; Reply: 2
CHDAJATL?
Posted by: mariner91, May 19, 2015, 9:21pm; Reply: 3
Nice to hear a neutral recognise that we're quite good and have a good team spirit.
Posted by: Tommy, May 19, 2015, 9:23pm; Reply: 4
Not watched the above-posted clip but I wanted to give him a slap on Sunday. Or rather BT Sport for having him on as one of the pundits.

He was so biased towards BRovers and blatant in his support for them. He's a fan of theirs, which is fair enough, but at least try and be professional and at least pretend to be impartial in your views if you're on tele to do a job.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 19, 2015, 9:25pm; Reply: 5
Proper job.
Posted by: chaos33, May 19, 2015, 9:26pm; Reply: 6
I think that's fantastic. It makes me feel proud. This is why I like Holloway on balance - sometimes he comes across as inarticulate and borderline deranged, but then he has these moments of absolute sincerity and lucidity that you can't help but admire. :)

I particularly like the fact that he has acknowledged our 'class', and our 'conduct'. I think the Manager and players, if they hear that, will be very proud of that. If we get promoted next year we can look everybody in the eye and say we f@cking deserved and earned it, and we did it the right way, with dignity and honour.
Posted by: Les Brechin, May 19, 2015, 9:58pm; Reply: 7
Still reckon this is Holloway's best ever interview.

[youtube]9YBgp_LaPWc[/youtube]
Posted by: arryarryarry, May 19, 2015, 11:03pm; Reply: 8
He also said that the Bristol Rovers keeper had his arm down by his side when he handled Palmer's effort.
Posted by: moosey_club, May 19, 2015, 11:07pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Tommy
Not watched the above-posted clip but I wanted to give him a slap on Sunday. Or rather BT Sport for having him on as one of the pundits.

He was so biased towards BRovers and blatant in his support for them. He's a fan of theirs, which is fair enough, but at least try and be professional and at least pretend to be impartial in your views if you're on tele to do a job.

Couldnt agree more, the guys a cnt full of soundbytes. When DC was actually not being a first class cnt in the post match interview and praising us Holloway chipped in with something like " yeah blah blah well played Grimsby you gotta say that but it dont matter cos you got Brovers promoted"..
Posted by: cmackenzie4, May 20, 2015, 9:11am; Reply: 10
Quoted from Tommy

Totally agree with this, I wonder if he would of been so full of praise for Town if we had won.
Posted by: carp catcher, May 20, 2015, 11:22am; Reply: 11
He was on 5 live on Saturday  shouting "come on the gas"so  not really a neutral is he.
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 3:09am