Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: MuddyWaters, May 19, 2015, 7:42pm
Just a thought - would it be possible for those of us that use Twitter to show the players some respect and let them make their own minds up about their new contracts. Like many, I hope we do successfully re-sign most of those listed but would hope that they don't feel hounded into doing so. Ta!
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, May 19, 2015, 7:47pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Just a thought - would it be possible for those of us that use Twitter to show the players some respect and let them make their own minds up about their new contracts. Like many, I hope we do successfully re-sign most of those listed but would hope that they don't feel hounded into doing so. Ta!
Probally loads of people who use Twitter that don't look at the Fishy Forums.
Posted by: ginnywings, May 19, 2015, 7:53pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from MuddyWaters

They love the attention. They could always do something radical if they are being annoyed, like not use Twitter.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, May 19, 2015, 8:04pm; Reply: 3
Ok Stalin  ;D
Posted by: Meza, May 19, 2015, 8:08pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Ok Stalin  ;D

How you doing hotdog jonny.....i hope you've got your lube lmao
Posted by: MuddyWaters, May 19, 2015, 8:09pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Ok Stalin  ;D

Don't remember Stalin asking people to respect other people's privacy tbh  ;)
Posted by: jonnyboy82, May 19, 2015, 8:31pm; Reply: 6
All lubed up ready to go  ;D
Posted by: jonnyboy82, May 19, 2015, 8:33pm; Reply: 7
He might not have but Twitter is hardly a place of privacy codger  ;)
Posted by: Garth, May 19, 2015, 8:37pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from jonnyboy82
He might not have but Twitter is hardly a place of privacy codger  ;)

Players know that everything that they tweet remains confidential and seen only by them ;)
Posted by: fleabag1970, May 19, 2015, 9:09pm; Reply: 9
Twitter is a public forum  used by Celeb's etc to promote themselves and get in touch with their fan base .............
Posted by: RichMariner, May 19, 2015, 9:28pm; Reply: 10
I agree with the sentiment of the OP, but asking people to give others some space/privacy on Twitter goes against what Twitter was invented for.

Twitter is intrusive and it is of course entirely possible to communicate directly with people - famous or not.

Footballers should know all about Twitter before they sign up to it, so if anything it's up to them to decide if they want to be hounded or not. After all, they don't have to sign in, look and check etc.

I completely agree that they should be given space, but if that's what they want then maybe Twitter isn't for them.
Posted by: chaos33, May 19, 2015, 9:33pm; Reply: 11
Good post Rich.
Posted by: sparkles, May 19, 2015, 10:31pm; Reply: 12
You could argue that on the contrary, we should scream & shout how much we want them to stay. Make them know, let them see it. If any of them have any doubts, hopefully the passion of the fans will help sway their decisions.
Posted by: LH, May 19, 2015, 10:35pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from sparkles
You could argue that on the contrary, we should scream & shout how much we want them to stay. Make them know, let them see it. If any of them have any doubts, hopefully the passion of the fans will help sway their decisions.

...and if they get annoyed they can always block people anyway.
Posted by: Chrisblor, May 20, 2015, 10:06am; Reply: 14
I think there's some merit in the suggestion at least. Remember back to last season when we were chasing Nsiala's signing - he received a lot of praise and support from Town fans on twitter and I'm certain he mentioned that helped him make his mind up to join us over other clubs he had offers from.
Posted by: grimsby pete, May 20, 2015, 10:37am; Reply: 15
I think all the players know we want them to stay,

BUT

Saying nice things about them on twitter or here,

Can only help. :)
Posted by: AlanPoutonsTackle, May 21, 2015, 8:12pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Sorry mate but asking people to stop using social media to speak to players considering how effective it has been between players and fans shows some arrogance to me. No one is going to change a players mind but it must be nice to know you are wanted. especially when we are quick to berate on here when things are not going well.
Ive been nothing but impressed with the conduct of players and fans on twitter which is part of the in it together mentality, and one of those offered a contract follows me back so clearly wants interaction.
I think you have got this one wrong I'm afraid.

Print page generated: April 23, 2024, 9:22pm