Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Les Brechin, May 19, 2015, 3:07pm
Apologies if this has already been answered but I only got home late last night.

Did they ever announce what the official split of the attendance was between Rovers/Town/Neutral.

However much we were outnumbered by we certainly outsung the "one song" Rovers lot for the majority of the time.
Posted by: BIGChris, May 19, 2015, 3:08pm; Reply: 1
think it was 27/13/7
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 19, 2015, 3:12pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Les Brechin
Apologies if this has already been answered but I only got home late last night.

Did they ever announce what the official split of the attendance was between Rovers/Town/Neutral.

However much we were outnumbered by we certainly outsung the "one song" Rovers lot for the majority of the time.

And how much money are Town going to get out of it and will it be used on the playing side next season.

Posted by: BIGChris, May 19, 2015, 3:18pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from promotion plaice

And how much money are Town going to get out of it and will it be used on the playing side next season.

Not a huge sum. We are to receive something like 20% of nett ticket sales BUT Wembley take all their costs out of the figure so although 20% equates to something like £300k after VAT and costs it will be a lot less than £100k
Posted by: Marinerz93, May 19, 2015, 3:21pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from BIGChris

Not a huge sum. We are to receive something like 20% of nett ticket sales BUT Wembley take all their costs out of the figure so although 20% equates to something like £300k after VAT and costs it will be a lot less than £100k

Absolute joke of a pay day, ripping off illegitimates, especially after all the money we have forked out.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, May 19, 2015, 3:23pm; Reply: 5
So something like seven and half quid from our pockets goes to Town (100k divided by 13k) and the rest kind of disappears into some off-shore account :-/
Posted by: diehardmariner, May 19, 2015, 3:33pm; Reply: 6
John Tondeur tweeted something the other day that See Tickets were going to make more from the sales than either club, which if true is an absolute disgrace.

The cost of hiring Wembley out is just too high for games of this standing.  As nice as it is to be at Wembley, these games need to played at grounds more fitting in terms of capacity.  Even if we used something like Villa Park, we would have lost out 5,000 in ticket sales due to the capacity but I would be confident the clubs would have made more money, much more money.
Posted by: BIGChris, May 19, 2015, 3:42pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from FishOutOfWater
So something like seven and half quid from our pockets goes to Town (100k divided by 13k) and the rest kind of disappears into some off-shore account :-/

I must add that the £100k figure was very much a guess and i would perhaps doubt if it is as high as that!!!
Posted by: gtfc98, May 19, 2015, 3:45pm; Reply: 8
7,000 neutrals there? the area they were in looked pretty empty to me!
Posted by: arryarryarry, May 19, 2015, 3:45pm; Reply: 9
Seems some Town fans are getting a slagging off.

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/3550/grimsby-town-fans-love-sorry
Posted by: oldun, May 19, 2015, 3:45pm; Reply: 10
And I guess the BT Sport money amounted to a bag of beans. Something not right with it all.
Posted by: Marinerz93, May 19, 2015, 3:58pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from arryarryarry
Seems some Town fans are getting a slagging off.

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/3550/grimsby-town-fans-love-sorry

It's also noted in that thread, one of their fans says that 'all clubs have these sort of people'.

Generally both sets of fans showed mutual respect, and as far as I know, there has never been any bad blood between us and rovers so why let a few spoil it.
Posted by: big al, May 19, 2015, 4:30pm; Reply: 12
Something out of nothing. I didn't see a single incident over the two days I was in London. Spoke to a really nice gas fan at Euston station after the game who was gushing about our support and the way we played - if he wasn't a pirate he should have been - long white hair and long white beard. Seemed like quite a nice lot to me even if a few are slagging us off on their 'gas bag' thing.

This post takes the biscuit though. Nice sentiment but talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

"Every club has 'em I'm afraid. The one's I met were sweet. Funny accents mind"

With their accents,  I think their song should be 'a cup of tea and a slice of cake with aunt sally' a la Worzel Gummidge, not that boring Irene thing.

*All those mariners less than 40, please refer to YouTube.
Posted by: highcliff mariner, May 19, 2015, 5:24pm; Reply: 13
Actually I saw one intoxicated ,with what I dont know( wild eyes) town " fan" , kick off on Wembley way . Right in front of 2 Mounties . Soon dealt with. As was mentioned , all clubs have em .Apart from that all smiles and good natured banter .
I likes aunt Sally .
UTM
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 19, 2015, 5:43pm; Reply: 14
The arseholes always come out when there's a big game. They're an embarrassment.
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 1:43pm