Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: fleabag1970, May 19, 2015, 10:27am
I suspect it is in the VC's best interests to have Teams like Grimsby in their league . The revenue that they generate for the other teams in the league are massive . On the other side the 50+ travelling fans that visit Grimsby every fortnight bring nothing to the cause . Imagine if it was Eastleigh V FG in the Final ..... 15,000 ? instead they got 50,000 and fleeced the life out of them .  That's big money for the non league ... BR have gone now but Tranmere have replaced them and if they are doing well the will have a good following .....  If Tranmere and Grimsby both go up next Season the VC will look like a sorry old league . I suspect that wont happen for one reason or another ....  The gap between any Team below 10th in the VC and league 2 is huge .... It is a poor League . For my Money its Time The FL introduced League 3   ... A buffer between the FL and the NL ..... splitting League Two and the Top 10 in the VC into Two Leagues ..... It wont happen though because the NON League need those Pay Days like Sunday that only Teams like BR and GY can bring ............. Even at NL its all about the money money
Posted by: pizzzza, May 19, 2015, 10:36am; Reply: 1
League 3, could throw some Premier League B teams in there as well?
Posted by: GiveUsAG, May 19, 2015, 10:47am; Reply: 2
I do agree with introducing a league 3 and having 2 automatic promotion places. It's only a matter of time before it happens anyway.
Posted by: diehardmariner, May 19, 2015, 10:52am; Reply: 3
If it was a financially related conspiracy we would have won on Sunday.  Rovers are financially more attractive for the Conference than us.  

I see a lot of merit in restructuring League Two and the Conference, but there's no conspiracy.  

Personally I think the Conference and League Two need splitting into North and South leagues.  Clubs the size of Gateshead travelling to Eastleigh and vice-versa is ridiculous.  Even in League Two you've got Carlisle going to Exeter.  It's just too expensive for both the clubs and fans.  
Posted by: topuphere666, May 19, 2015, 11:09am; Reply: 4
JPP penalty was actually on target and heading to the roof of the net, but with slight of hand the men behind the conspiracy made the posts drop down 20 foot thus causing the penalty to land in tier 09209483929 Row 92992939993 SEAT 83848.

;)
Posted by: fleabag1970, May 19, 2015, 11:15am; Reply: 5
sorry I was bored ...... Iam serious about the LG 3  though ...... it will happen
Posted by: 75 (Guest), May 19, 2015, 3:04pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from pizzzza
League 3, could throw some Premier League B teams in there as well?

Never! I'd give up on football if that ever happened.
Posted by: gary_elton, May 19, 2015, 3:26pm; Reply: 7
why the hell shud the prem clubs have even more of OUR game ??? they can do one....
Posted by: Abdul19, May 19, 2015, 4:12pm; Reply: 8
Being in the fifth tier of English football would be so much easier to take if the FL took it under its wing (and why would it do that?) and gave it a new name.
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 2:59am