Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: ska face, May 18, 2015, 11:29am
...oh wait, yes I am.

http://twitter.com/LukePhillips94/status/600204605100793858/video/1

Posted by: mariner91, May 18, 2015, 11:30am; Reply: 1
Yeah it's a shame really because for the most part, their fans were very gracious victors. But Clarke is clearly a bellend.
Posted by: moosey_club, May 18, 2015, 11:31am; Reply: 2
Oh dear....
Posted by: ginnywings, May 18, 2015, 11:38am; Reply: 3
What a fooking male private. Seems that twits prosper again. I wished them well in another thread but fook em, hope they come straight back down again.
Posted by: Chrisblor, May 18, 2015, 11:42am; Reply: 4
Absolute tinpot girl private. Hope they go straight back down.
Posted by: ivanosandwich, May 18, 2015, 11:44am; Reply: 5
Watch this video then watch Paul Hurst's post match press conference.

I know who I prefer in charge of our club.
Posted by: ginnywings, May 18, 2015, 11:50am; Reply: 6
Unfortunately, being a girl private in football often gets rewards. Think that is Clarkes third play off win now.
Posted by: Caesar, May 18, 2015, 11:50am; Reply: 7
Think he has done an amazing job to turn Rovers round and is clearly a very good manager.  

But as others have said considering all but one fan I met on the day were top class (and I think the one I mentioned was a part timer) and have had good interactions with them on twitter I really respect the fans and the club.  Such a shame therefore that he is acting like an umentionable in the aftermath.  Will try not to get bitter about it but do agree, am proud to say I couldn't imagine Hurst behaving like that.
Posted by: RoboCod, May 18, 2015, 11:51am; Reply: 8
Good God. Is he ever sober ?
Posted by: pizzzza, May 18, 2015, 11:53am; Reply: 9
Oh come on! He is drunk, he is celebrating. The Telegraph made a meal of the original video (clickbait) and then when Clarke says "Print that you illegitimates" GT are more than happy to oblige, as their top story!

Sad that the GT choose to have this as their top story rather than something about the actual game, or heaven-forbid something positive. Clearly they think that by making a mountain out of a molehill with this non-story they can generate more hits.
Posted by: RoboCod, May 18, 2015, 12:05pm; Reply: 10
GTFC fans don't even take the GT seriously, don't know why Clarke does.
Posted by: Gastafari, May 18, 2015, 12:10pm; Reply: 11
C,mon guys.

He's out celebrating Rovers promotion with the entire squad.

The Grimsby telegraph started writing all sorts of drivel about him, all he is doing is enjoying the moment and making some tongue in cheek remarks.

Darrel Clarke is a top man and will go on to become a great manager, I have no doubts that he will go far in the game.

Dont let a excrement video of him singing songs spoil a seemingly good relationship between us Gasheads and yourselves.
Posted by: RoboCod, May 18, 2015, 12:15pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Gastafari

The Grimsby telegraph started writing all sorts of drivel about him,

Really?
Posted by: LH, May 18, 2015, 12:15pm; Reply: 13
It won't spoil any good feeling between fans (although "fans" like the bloke chanting loser at me BEFORE the game and one on Wembley Way singing there's only on JP Pittman might) but Clarke is as stated; a classless girl private. Arrogant and got lucky yesterday and has a job today because of it. Good luck next season.
Posted by: Chrisblor, May 18, 2015, 12:17pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Gastafari
C,mon guys.

The Grimsby telegraph started writing all sorts of drivel about him, all he is doing is enjoying the moment and making some tongue in cheek remarks.

Darrel Clarke is a top man and will go on to become a great manager, I have no doubts that he will go far in the game.

Dont let a excrement video of him singing songs spoil a seemingly good relationship between us Gasheads and yourselves.

He's a girl private. Him going into a boozer and shouting about going up before the final's even been played was arrogant and newsworthy. Fortunately for him you lot fluked your way through a penalty shootout. The classy response would have been to keep his gob shut, but obviously his massive ego got the better of him. Hope you come straight back down thanks to this.
Posted by: ginnywings, May 18, 2015, 12:19pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Gastafari
C,mon guys.

Still a classless coont though. Would never see Hurst doing that, win, lose or draw. As stated, he got lucky but i wish you fans well next season. You are the club. The manager and players are transitory.
Posted by: Caesar, May 18, 2015, 12:22pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Gastafari
C,mon guys.

I hope and don't think it will spoil a good relationship I feel has been built up between the clubs.  I think he is a great manager and has done a great job.  The odd bit of hyperbole on forums and the few part timers that lacked class like LH said won't either.  

But I do think that video showed a poor side to him and am dissapointed with that.  Just hope it doesn't become anything bigger with our pretty useless paper also stoking the flames.  

Know its been said before to you btw but congrats and thanks for being magnanimous on here, best of luck.
Posted by: TAGG, May 18, 2015, 12:24pm; Reply: 17
Childish but he managed to get them out of this excrement league at the first attempt that more than Hurst has done in god knows how many try's.
Posted by: grimsby pete, May 18, 2015, 12:30pm; Reply: 18
He was celebrating and got a bit pis sed,

He did not call our team or fans,

Someone reminded him of what the GT had said about him,

Good luck to him and his team , I hope we will be there in the league with them this time next season.

PS. I am sure we have all shown ourselves up worse than that when we have had too much to drink.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, May 18, 2015, 12:36pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Gastafari
C,mon guys.

I think he showed a distinct lack of class with his original comments and I'm more that a bit drunk off that a combination of one missed penalty and a match-defining crap decision has allowed him to follow up with this disrespectful drivel.
Posted by: Abdul19, May 18, 2015, 12:41pm; Reply: 20
Don't forget though, he's from a rough estate in Mansfield, so just making 37 is an achievement in itself.
Posted by: RonMariner, May 18, 2015, 12:46pm; Reply: 21
I heard an interview with him in the car on the way back and he seemed quite complimentary about our performance and was quite magnanimous and respectful. As were the Rovers fans who called in.
Posted by: WetFlannel, May 18, 2015, 12:50pm; Reply: 22
It won't spoil the good relations between the fans! I enjoyed my interactions with most Gasheads (the only cocky gloaters I came across looked like the sort who couldn't name a player and were at their first game of the year).
That said, I loathe Clarke. I hope he gets relegated while in charge of another club in a few years.
Posted by: diehardmariner, May 18, 2015, 1:21pm; Reply: 23
Spoke with lots of Rovers fans yesterday and each and every one of them was a class act.  No hostilities between the two clubs at all.  Had it not been us on the wrong end of the penalty shoot out I would be happy for them to have won yesterday.   (The only gloating was from a Barnet fan on the tube back to Cannons Park, but I think he was just a buffoon in general rather than a Barnet buffoon).

Clarke is in no way representative of the vast majority of Rovers fans.  Just like how Rob Scott wasn't representative of Town when he did his mad-man rant on the sidelines or at fans.    He is, however, a complete sharp object.  The only thing worse than a sore loser is a sore winner.

I didn't read too much into his earlier video when he looked to have got swept away in the emotion of it all but once bitten, twice shy and all that.  Christ sake man, show a bit of class.  Think it, even say it in private but don't do it in front of an audience.
Posted by: fiveallive, May 18, 2015, 3:20pm; Reply: 24
He's totally drunk so anything he says no going hold it aginst him but that if PH was caught doing that then i bet they would uproar from Bristol Rovers.
Posted by: AdamHaddock, May 18, 2015, 3:34pm; Reply: 25
What an absolute, 42 carat, Olympic gold medal winning bell end
Posted by: jungleland, May 18, 2015, 5:19pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from AdamHaddock
What an absolute, 42 carat, Olympic gold medal winning bell end

That sums it up perfectly
Posted by: Marinerz93, May 18, 2015, 5:20pm; Reply: 27
Ha ha ha, what a girl private, no one takes the GY telewag serious, well apart from ego maniacs  ;D
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, May 18, 2015, 5:59pm; Reply: 28
Love to see Bristol Rovers fail miserably next season just because of Clarke is an utter piece of crap
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 18, 2015, 6:16pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from Mariner Timsky
Love to see Bristol Rovers fail miserably next season just because of Clarke is an utter piece of crap

Why take it out on them all for the actions of one drunk man? Wouldn't expect the same in reverse.

Some drunk tool shouting "one team in Bristol" yesterday at the ticket office. Hope Rovers fans don't think that's typical of Town supporters.
Posted by: big al, May 18, 2015, 7:05pm; Reply: 30
He's a tool. He's a pretty good manager who's a tool.
Posted by: RoboCod, May 18, 2015, 7:13pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from big al
He's a tool. He's a pretty good manager who's a tool.

He's a good tool. Like an old masonry drill. Does the job but you'd rather not be in the same room due to the noise.

Posted by: ska face, May 18, 2015, 7:54pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Why take it out on them all for the actions of one drunk man? Wouldn't expect the same in reverse

...like its a real thing?

I've been shaking the bones & dancing the juju all day to cast the most awful papa shango hex on rovers and ALL their fans. Death to their first born.
Posted by: Eastendmariner, May 18, 2015, 8:48pm; Reply: 33
I wouldn't exspect anything  else from a ill educated  egoistic  carpetbagger  yes he won ,but show some class even if  you havn't any  Shankly your not  you  were lucky  with a bum ref who made a disgraceful decision   Keeper should of  gone.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 18, 2015, 9:07pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from ska face

...like its a real thing?

I've been shaking the bones & dancing the juju all day to cast the most awful papa shango hex on rovers and ALL their fans. Death to their first born.

Still on the sherberts?
Posted by: jaymariner, May 18, 2015, 9:12pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from Marinerz93
Ha ha ha, what a girl private, no one takes the GY telewag serious, well apart from ego maniacs  ;D

Like that Tim Mickleburgh fellow?  ;D
Posted by: EY Mariner, May 18, 2015, 9:38pm; Reply: 36
Having seen both the embrace between Clarke and Hurst, who I believe are good mates above anything else, before the game yesterday and Clarke's post-match remarks, I suspect they tell us far more about the real character of the man than this video which really shouldn't have seen the light of day.
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, May 18, 2015, 10:03pm; Reply: 37
Clarke looks abit drunk in that video, people do daft things when they're drunk as we all know.

Got a gripe with the Grimsby Telegraph, I've not really read any of what it's about, but it must of been plaguing his mind to mention it, oh well nothing really important.
Posted by: grimsby pete, May 19, 2015, 10:22am; Reply: 38
Hurst and Clarke go back a long way,

They know each other from their playing days,

Also been on coaching courses together,

AND

Have spoken regularly on the phone all season,

I am sure Paul will be taking the pi ss out of Clarke for a long time to come after that performance.
Posted by: Chrisblor, May 19, 2015, 10:45am; Reply: 39
In related 'Bristol Rovers Are A Team Of Classless girl privates' news, photographs have emerged of diving cheat Matty Taylor in the dressing room after the match with his knob in the trophy (no I am not making this up, the photo is on twitter).

They are clearly a team full of absolute weapons, which makes losing to them in the manner we did even more galling.
Posted by: Mariner1980, May 19, 2015, 10:55am; Reply: 40
After the game we walked around Wembley looking at the named stones.
Every Bristol fan that came up to us shook our hands and told us they were surprised they had won and not us. As we had to quote one bloke "battered them".
Also got called Craig Disley by random people on more than a few occasions. Offered them autographs at a tenner each, but no takers sadly.

It's quite clear in the video he is drunk, so I'd imagine in the near future he'll issue an apology.
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 3:16pm