Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: barralad, May 18, 2015, 10:37am
Any of you I.T. literate types got any footage of the "Fish" chant that seemed to go on for 20 minutes?  I just wanted to feel the hairs on the back of my neck stand up again... 8)
Posted by: 120790 (Guest), May 18, 2015, 10:40am; Reply: 1
Yeah I love to see a video of it too. It was awesome
Posted by: mariner91, May 18, 2015, 10:42am; Reply: 2
Agreed, was unbelievable.
Posted by: LH, May 18, 2015, 10:48am; Reply: 3
I thought that demonstrated how to get an atmosphere built with part-timers etc perfectly. Dead simple and nearly everyone in the Town end was getting involved.
Posted by: Green27, May 18, 2015, 10:49am; Reply: 4

There's a small bit there. https://twitter.com/sclaybourn87/status/599958110539804672

Copy it in to your web browser it will load up. Or go to sclaybourn87 on twitter
Posted by: Tangerine Chris, May 18, 2015, 10:51am; Reply: 5
Quoted from Green27

Says page does not exist

Posted by: barralad, May 18, 2015, 11:07am; Reply: 6
Quoted from Green27

There's a small bit there. https://twitter.com/sclaybourn87/status/599958110539804672

Copy it in to your web browser it will load up. Or go to sclaybourn87 on twitter

That is even better than I thought.....probably the best bit of the day for me...
Posted by: mariner91, May 18, 2015, 11:28am; Reply: 7
Quoted from barralad

That is even better than I thought.....probably the best bit of the day for me...

It was my favourite part.
Posted by: diehardmariner, May 18, 2015, 11:30am; Reply: 8
Generally I don't like that song but it was awesome yesterday.  Very atmospheric and as said earlier in the thread perfect for 'big' games.
Posted by: nickmariners, May 18, 2015, 3:57pm; Reply: 9
Yep --  The Best of Times, and the Worst of Times.

Didn't half hurt my hand banging out the clappy parts of that FISH! chant on the tin underside of the concrete overhang above the back row.   Took my mind off the last 5 minutes of turmoil.
Posted by: BIGChris, May 18, 2015, 4:13pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from barralad
Any of you I.T. literate types got any footage of the "Fish" chant that seemed to go on for 20 minutes? I just wanted to feel the hairs on the back of my neck stand up again... 8)

I bet it didnt make the ones on the top of your head stand up though??? ;)
Posted by: Marinerz93, May 18, 2015, 4:42pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from BIGChris

Quoted from barralad
Any of you I.T. literate types got any footage of the "Fish" chant that seemed to go on for 20 minutes?  I just wanted to feel the hairs on the back of my neck stand up again... 8)

To be fair to Barra he could probably do a comb over from his neck hair  ;)
Posted by: Eastendmariner, May 18, 2015, 6:36pm; Reply: 12
Superb  when I am taking my 5 year old girl to pre school we have alittle Fish chant to ourselves on the bike across the park lol  I have to  say for the first time in years I feel we have our club back and we are as one UTM
Posted by: Caesar, May 18, 2015, 6:48pm; Reply: 13
Got to agree, never one of my favourite chants but was perfect for the occassion and made great sound.  Here it very well on BT sport coverage but think the best video I have seen of it so far is that twitter video.
Posted by: barralad, May 18, 2015, 7:16pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from BIGChris

There's always one...baldist! :o
Posted by: cmackenzie4, May 18, 2015, 7:24pm; Reply: 15
That sounds fantastic!  We have a brilliant fan base and I'm proud to be a mariner.
Posted by: barralad, May 18, 2015, 7:42pm; Reply: 16
I don't know if this will come out but here goes....From Josh Gowling

https://instagram.com/p/20wFb_E1tk/
Posted by: northbankmariner, May 18, 2015, 8:00pm; Reply: 17
Just viewed that clip, it just emphasised what brilliant support we had, the fans never stopped and it must have impressed anyone watching or listening, and the players would have loved it. I was having a buzz singing it, the kind I haven't felt as a town fan for years.
Posted by: gtfc98, May 18, 2015, 8:09pm; Reply: 18
any other videos of the chanting?
Posted by: ackomariner, May 18, 2015, 8:19pm; Reply: 19
http://youtu.be/YvFhjz63ORg

Two mins in to see it
Posted by: Caesar, May 18, 2015, 10:14pm; Reply: 20
[url]https://twitter.com/CamillaAlice92/status/600280102002413568[/url]

This is one of the best vids of the Fish chant I have seen so far I think,
Posted by: H19P1, May 18, 2015, 10:18pm; Reply: 21
Wow
Posted by: LH, May 18, 2015, 10:20pm; Reply: 22
As an aside: This is probably the best evidence we could have that the Osmond needs to be open for noisy fans and not people who get vouchers out of the Telegraph etc. The acoustics would help create a racket in there.
Posted by: immariner, May 19, 2015, 12:38am; Reply: 23
Agreed. The Pontoon left (stupid place to have most of our singers, have always said and will always say that) lot would make a right racket in the Osmond.
Posted by: Caesar, May 19, 2015, 7:44am; Reply: 24
This Town fans should abondon the pontoon and sit in the Osmond seems to come up every year.

Logically yes there is a clear point to that idea of trying to make the sound reveberate more and improve the atmosphere.  Although to me it doesn't have too much effect when we are loud enough, Gateshead at home with the Paul Hurst Black and White army chant and the playoff semi were both examples of the Pontoon rocking and making a lot of noise.  

The problem is that is where I like to go watch Town and I don't like to be told I should go somewhere else, it is like my home at Blundell Park, going anywhere else would feel weird and unatural.  Being a football fan is not rational but emotional.  If it were rational I wouldn't spend as much as I do on a team who haven't won anything in nearly 20 years, I would switch to someone else.  But I could never do that because my heart wouldn't be in it.  Same with switching stands, I am a Pontoon man and if over time all the singers moved I eventually might follow them but I think a better idea would be to put up some kind of wind shield in the top left of the pontoon to keep the noise in more.  
Posted by: Jaws, May 19, 2015, 9:03am; Reply: 25
Quoted from Caesar
This Town fans should abondon the pontoon and sit in the Osmond seems to come up every year.

Logically yes there is a clear point to that idea of trying to make the sound reveberate more and improve the atmosphere.  Although to me it doesn't have too much effect when we are loud enough, Gateshead at home with the Paul Hurst Black and White army chant and the playoff semi were both examples of the Pontoon rocking and making a lot of noise.  

The problem is that is where I like to go watch Town and I don't like to be told I should go somewhere else, it is like my home at Blundell Park, going anywhere else would feel weird and unatural.  Being a football fan is not rational but emotional.  If it were rational I wouldn't spend as much as I do on a team who haven't won anything in nearly 20 years, I would switch to someone else.  But I could never do that because my heart wouldn't be in it.  Same with switching stands, I am a Pontoon man and if over time all the singers moved I eventually might follow them but I think a better idea would be to put up some kind of wind shield in the top left of the pontoon to keep the noise in more.

Anyone have any ideas of a cost. I would happily donate, sure we could get 100 donations?
Posted by: diehardmariner, May 19, 2015, 11:40am; Reply: 26
The more I watch those FISH chants on the clips it reminds me more and more of the wall of noises that you see the hipsters drooling over at the Bundesliga games.

Difference is this was in a half empty stadium, which makes the noise even more impressive.
Posted by: LH, May 19, 2015, 11:52am; Reply: 27
Quoted from diehardmariner
The more I watch those FISH chants on the clips it reminds me more and more of the wall of noises that you see the hipsters drooling over at the Bundesliga games.

Difference is this was in a half empty stadium, which makes the noise even more impressive.

Exactly what I said to a mate yesterday. I was off to one side and was looking across everyone behind the goal as it was happening. All of the arms in the air was flipping fantastic. It is something that can only be done at a big stadium though due to the sheer numbers of people and the size of the stand which is what makes it even more gutting that we find ourselves down here still!
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, May 19, 2015, 11:53am; Reply: 28
It use to be the middle of the Pontoon that started the noise one thing when we all join in the noise is frightening my wife was waiting outside the stadium and said she felt the place vibrating during the fish chant. She does not like footy but she said the sound was awesome she was chatting to a steward he said I don't know what it is they were chanting but it's bloody brilliant.  
Posted by: Trawler, May 19, 2015, 12:07pm; Reply: 29
It reminded me of this. Skip to 7'05"

[youtube]ODM1RJe4FvQ[/youtube]

Posted by: gtfc98, May 19, 2015, 12:21pm; Reply: 30
Why don't those who do a great job generating atmosphere at blundell park move to the centre of the Pontoon next season? Your efforts will go a lot further and you won't lose as much noise out of the side of the stand
Posted by: 120790 (Guest), May 19, 2015, 12:40pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from gtfc98
Why don't those who do a great job generating atmosphere at blundell park move to the centre of the Pontoon next season? Your efforts will go a lot further and you won't lose as much noise out of the side of the stand

That is an extremely good suggestion. I always think they look a bit out of it in that little corner.
Posted by: OneLove, May 19, 2015, 12:57pm; Reply: 32
That fish chant has always been one of me faves, sounds menacing and tribal. The amount of neutrals who have told me how good that sounded on tv. Be good to get a recording of this and stick it on the end of black and white for you instead of the mariners chant.
Posted by: ackomariner, May 19, 2015, 3:17pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from gtfc98

Good idea, but won't happen because of St holders that already sit there and won't move
Posted by: arryarryarry, May 19, 2015, 3:31pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from ackomariner

Good idea, but won't happen because of St holders that already sit there and won't move

And why should they?

Posted by: LH, May 19, 2015, 3:33pm; Reply: 35
If only there was a mostly empty stand behind the goal elsewhere at BP. Somewhere with better acoustics and the scope to have an unreserved section for home fans to make noise. If only eh?
Posted by: ackomariner, May 19, 2015, 3:36pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from arryarryarry

And why should they?

I agree arry, I should have said wont/want to move, if you get my drift....
Posted by: Marinerz93, May 19, 2015, 3:46pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from LH
If only there was a mostly empty stand behind the goal elsewhere at BP. Somewhere with better acoustics and the scope to have an unreserved section for home fans to make noise. If only eh?

Leon, some people don't get the nudge nudge unless you add the relevant smileys  ;)

It's pretty simple John Fenty, stick the away fans in Osmond corner, those who want to sing behind the Osmond goal, we have been calling for this for seasons since the fall into the abyss.  This is the only way an atmosphere will be created because there are people in the Pontoon now who don't even clap, even when they smile you don't know if it's because we have scored / playing well or they have trapped wind.
Posted by: LH, May 19, 2015, 3:58pm; Reply: 38
I wouldn't even issue tickets for it. Cash on the gate when it's full it's full and maybe even drop the price for that end to get people in there. It's there to be used to our advantage.
Posted by: Marinerz93, May 19, 2015, 4:00pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from LH
I wouldn't even issue tickets for it. Cash on the gate when it's full it's full and maybe even drop the price for that end to get people in there. It's there to be used to our advantage.

£15 cash on gate, regardless of how full other stands are, you want people who want to sing to stand together and encourage more to follow suit.
Posted by: LH, May 19, 2015, 4:05pm; Reply: 40
£15 for away fans too. Weren't we the lowest attended away ground this season?
Posted by: arryarryarry, May 19, 2015, 6:05pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from ackomariner

I agree arry, I should have said wont/want to move, if you get my drift....

No problem ;)

Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 1:54pm