Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: newfootballer, May 18, 2015, 10:29am
  Well there is always a saying in football that when you have had a run of bad luck over a couple of months and in some cases years I just thought after getting that early goal that this was our  turn to move forward and clinch the game with another goal that would have really put Bristol in the back street but of course that did not happen.

. It was not meant to be though, and I have to say that our lads and I mean every one of them all  fought for Grimsby Town with every kick of the ball they were a credit to them selves and their Manager Paul Hurst who after the game said he was proud of his team"s performance except for the result of course.
I have to mention how proud I was to mix with all the Town supporters down Wembley way and in rthe local bars I love mixing with the crowd it really brings it home to me of our wonderful supporters who travel all over the country to support our beloved football club and for some reason  they remember me as a player and I really enjoyed the chants of my name by our loyal fans who I think the world off.
On the team factor now some people will call for the finish of our Manager Paul Hurst, we must be crackers if we sack him .
Town have now got the best squad together since we came in this dreaded league and iif our home perfomances could have been improved we would have not had to take part in the play offs, we would have got promoted on our winning performances in total home and away results.

On a final note My heart goes out to John Paul Pittman who missed the penalty. I use to take the penalties in my time at Town and he must have been heartbroken when he missed his penalty. at such a important game the pressure just got to him I was behind the goal when he missed it and we all died a thousand deaths in sympathy for him.
On a final note I will say it again

TOWN HAVE THE FINEST SUPPORTERS IN THE COUNTRY
"UP THE MARINERS WE CAN DO IT"
Dave Boylen
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, May 18, 2015, 10:41am; Reply: 1
well said Dave
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, May 18, 2015, 2:06pm; Reply: 2
Well put Dave

You've experienced both sides of it with Town...not too many have such insight so I for one always appreciate your comments

On the pitch first of all was where we all took to you and now you're one of our own supporters - a Mighty Mariner through and through

UTM
Posted by: chicaneuk, May 18, 2015, 2:14pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from newfootballer

On the team factor now some people will call for the finish of our Manager Paul Hurst, we must be crackers if we sack him .

I have to say that, from what I've read on here in the last 22 or so hours, the fans are more behind Paul Hurst now, than they probably have been at any other time during his time in charge! It's really good to see.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 18, 2015, 8:48pm; Reply: 4
Well said Dave. I think we all are. We all are.
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 7:58am