Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Fcukthescunts, May 18, 2015, 8:02am
After the dark days of Burton Albion away both on and off the pitch. I think the pride is back in our football club.
I have seen nothing but praise for our supporters and the noise they created 'Fish Chant' sounded great even on TV.
We have lost but the pride and passion shown by the players is the best I remember even back to the Buckley days. I really hope we can keep this squad together and I am more interested in players we retain than the players we look to sign this summer.
The likes of Ross Hannah who is an amazing team player who didn't get much game time this season, he had his arm around Mags when he was in tears. The squad were a unit.
Posted by: Garth, May 18, 2015, 8:49am; Reply: 1
Famous Quote

You build on failure. You use it as a stepping stone. Close the door on the past. You don't try to forget the mistakes, but you don't dwell on it. You don't let it have any of your energy, or any of your time, or any of your space.

Lets regroup, refresh and go again,  this time for the top prize
Posted by: SpudUDontLike, May 18, 2015, 9:02am; Reply: 2
Agree entirely. The players gave everything, the fans were brilliant. Expected to feel completely deflated today but I don't. Just partially deflated. And it's that. Pride in the club after so long having to rely on past glories. UTM.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, May 18, 2015, 9:11am; Reply: 3
Quoted from Garth
Famous Quote

You build on failure. You use it as a stepping stone. Close the door on the past. You don't try to forget the mistakes, but you don't dwell on it. You don't let it have any of your energy, or any of your time, or any of your space.

Lets regroup, refresh and go again,  this time for the top prize

I agree entirely. Everything about yesterday was fabulous apart from the result which was difficult to take.

We can bounce back but we have to find the money though to match the "big spenders" even at this level.

I noticed Paul Hurst has said in the Telegraph that our budget is not as big as our tradition and attendances would suggest. I guess we knew this all along - a "competitive" budget is just a way of saying it doesn't compare with mighty Eastleigh and the like.

The majority shareholder must surely look to every avenue for additional funding for the playing side if he is unable to find the money himself. I don't know how much extra we need to make the real difference to get a championship winning squad together, but at this level it cannot be out of reach surely?

If I was a "top" player and Eastleigh, Forest Green and the Mariners came in for me it would be no contest. The crowds, the tradition would make my mind up; unfortunately for players it is a job like any other and they will follow the money. We somehow have to find a way of keeping the majority of this squad and adding players that other clubs covet to it.

Failure to hit the ground running in August will be difficult to take again. I don't think its fair on Paul Hurst, or any manager if he cannot attract the players he needs through lack of money.  
Posted by: chicaneuk, May 18, 2015, 9:16am; Reply: 4
It is a different feeling today from previous failures. Disappointment, but pride - definitely. Disappointment to have been cheated somewhat, and disappointment that the lads put in so much effort and didn't get their just rewards. It's hard to be angry at that.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, May 18, 2015, 9:34am; Reply: 5
Any football league fan watching that game yesterday would surely have been impressed with the standard of football on display.
Posted by: RonMariner, May 18, 2015, 9:57am; Reply: 6
Yes, we have a team that we can be proud of once again.

Keep this squad and we can run away with the division next year.

I have not felt this confident for years.
Print page generated: April 23, 2024, 5:27pm