Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: big al, May 18, 2015, 7:47am
If I saw Paul Hurst out and about, I'd say thanks for all the joy and excitement you have given me this season. I love the way you and the team always seek to play football and never give up on that. I would also like to thank the team for their commitment and their clear passion which has not always been there in past teams. Thanks for a great day out yesterday and making life a lot more exciting than it is for most of the time. If I had some advice I might say - play like you have from August instead of December and we will walk this league next year and use your talent for spotting a player to get us a killer striker. I think he'd say .... thanks mate but I'm the manager.

UTM

PS - make sure you win the league - I've got my mortgage on it
Posted by: moosey_club, May 18, 2015, 9:04am; Reply: 1
Quoted from big al
If I saw Paul Hurst out and about I'd say thanks for all the joy and excitement you have given me this season. I love the way you and the team always seek to play football
and never give up on that. I would also like to thank the team for their commitment and their clear passion which has not always been there in past teams. Thanks for a great day out yesterday and making life a lot more exciting than it is for most of the time. If I had some advice I might say - play like you have from August instead of December and we will walk this league next year and use your talent for spotting a player to get us a killer striker. I think he'd say .... thanks mate but I'm the manager.

UTM

PS - make sure you win the league - I've got my mortgage on it

Not sure over the season i have been overcome with excitement too often...
Not sure i have witnessed them seeking to play "football" too often either....

Methodical, organised, predictable, spirited and several players showing commitment & fight each and every time they have played granted...but rarely out of your seat exciting.

One step better finale wise than last season but still the same result. We are in the same division again. Overall objective failed.  

Posted by: DocTower, May 18, 2015, 9:17am; Reply: 2
We couldn't  have played any better , we did our best . Corners haven't  changed,  we were busy without being dangerous.  Good game for a neutral to watch , good advert for conference football  . Sad only two can go up . Dust ourselves down and get ready for next season  .
Posted by: TAGG, May 18, 2015, 10:48am; Reply: 3
If I saw Paul Hurst out and about, I would say thanks for your efforts now intercourse off you falure.
Posted by: big al, May 18, 2015, 11:08am; Reply: 4
Quoted from TAGG
If I saw Paul Hurst out and about, I would say thanks for your efforts now intercourse off you falure.

What's a falure - is this a French word I've not heard of? I'm keeping off the fishy if naysayer and bitter posters, with a total lack of perspective, have upped their game by speaking in French.
Posted by: barralad, May 18, 2015, 11:18am; Reply: 5
Quoted from big al

What's a falure - is this a French word I've not heard of? I'm keeping off the fishy if naysayer and bitter posters, with a total lack of perspective, have upped their game by speaking in French.

Brightened a very dull day. Thanks! :)
Posted by: TAGG, May 18, 2015, 12:04pm; Reply: 6
Failure-there ye go Big al
You fornicators who will accept abject failure season in season out want to stay off the fishy.
Don't need spelling lessons from you you patronising twit.
Posted by: big al, May 18, 2015, 12:25pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from TAGG
You fornicators who will accept abject failure season in season out want to stay off the fishy.

should read 'You fornicators, who will accept abject failure season in, season out, want to stay off the fishy.
Don't need spelling lessons from you, you patronising twit.'

Your spelling's not as bad as your punctuation. Need to work on those commas - four missed out.

You're correct - I should stay off the fishy with embittered and malevolent mariners such as yourself. It's football - it should be a joy - when it's not - get some perspective.
Posted by: TAGG, May 18, 2015, 12:32pm; Reply: 8
Big al so you have sat through every home game and tell me that under this bloke football has been a 'joy'   You spout utter balderdash.
Posted by: LH, May 18, 2015, 12:36pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from TAGG
Big al so you have sat through every home game and tell me that under this bloke football has been a 'joy'   You spout utter balderdash.

It's Blundell Park not the Bernabeu. What are you honestly expecting?
Posted by: ginnywings, May 18, 2015, 12:38pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from TAGG

I've come to accept that the football at this level is what it is. Barnet were no great shakes and Bristol were very workmanlike, just like us. You have to grind and battle your way out of this league, more's the pity, but had we prevailed yesterday, then the end would have justified the means.

I'm no fan of Hurst football but unless we get a massive cash injection and do a Crawley or Fleetwood, then i can't see any alternative to this manager and the way he tries to bring about what we all want.

We can play better footy when we get established in the league, if we ever do of course.
Posted by: grimsby pete, May 18, 2015, 12:39pm; Reply: 11
We played the champions off the pitch twice and beat them both times,

We gave the other team that went up 3 hard games and there was only one goal between us in the three games,

Now all we have to do is beat the lower teams when they come and park the bus,

If we can do that we will win the league with 2 games to go.
Posted by: big al, May 18, 2015, 12:55pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from TAGG

No, I have said 'it should be a joy' When it's not, I don't think it should turn in to something that results in such embittered views. You called me a f*cker and a tw*t because I had a bit of fun with your post and because I disagreed with you. I have, at no point, stated that I think the football is spectacular. If it, on occasion, has left me feeling joyous then I guess I should be allowed that.

Posted by: rancido, May 18, 2015, 3:44pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from TAGG

You obviously need spelling lessons from somebody!
Posted by: cmackenzie4, May 18, 2015, 3:52pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from TAGG

You sound like a really nice person. :-/
Posted by: GiveUsAG, May 18, 2015, 3:59pm; Reply: 15
Wow! How old are you 'Tagg'?

You come across as one very unpleasant person and very disrespectful.

Disagree with others by all means, but is there really a need for hostilities?  :o
Posted by: Hagrid, May 18, 2015, 4:29pm; Reply: 16
please mind your language tagg, no need to use personal abuse just because someone does not agree with you.
Posted by: nickmariners, May 18, 2015, 4:30pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from TAGG

It's bad enough that you come on here calling the manager and the team -- but you have a rare talent for accusing your fellow fans of being 'fornicators' and 'twits'. If YOU don't like us....
Posted by: TAGG, May 18, 2015, 5:17pm; Reply: 18
I have an opinion and that is that far to many on here are of the same mind as Fenty and accept second best.
I don't accept losing a playoff as a success. Hurst has won nothing with GTFC and that is a fact however you want to dress it up.
As for Big al pointing out spelling and grammatical mistakes who the f$"/ is he my English teacher???? He's just some bloke that thinks he can  belittle me because he can pick out a spelling mistake.
'Nickmariners' All I have called for is the Manager to go because IMO he's just not up to the job and find a post where I have called any of those players yesterday.
Posted by: Marinerz93, May 18, 2015, 5:27pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from TAGG
I have an opinion and that is that far to many on here are of the same mind as Fenty and accept second best.
I don't accept losing a playoff as a success. Hurst has won nothing with GTFC and that is a fact however you want to dress it up.
As for Big al pointing out spelling and grammatical mistakes who the f$"/ is he my English teacher???? He's just some bloke that thinks he can  belittle me because he can pick out a spelling mistake.
'Nickmariners' All I have called for is the Manager to go because IMO he's just not up to the job and find a post where I have called any of those players yesterday.

The league was won by a point by the team we beat twice and we were beaten by penalties. It doesn't get closer than this and if PH had the team we finished with, we would have won the league out right.  If PH and John Fenty fail to get us out of the blocks from the start then they both deserve to go.

Until then, eat a snickers TAGG

[youtube]L4mP9pR-mzU[/youtube]
Posted by: jonnyboy82, May 18, 2015, 5:38pm; Reply: 20
I want Paul to win us this league and finish what he started and I know that will be next season.

I now see how much this club means to him and the players really play for the shirt.

I have come to realise that he wont have anyone who won't give it all and have a bad influence e.g. aswad Thomas and Scott neilson.

Paul is our man and how good will it feel if Paul hurst and John Paul Pittman both lift the trophy next year !
Posted by: Caesar, May 18, 2015, 5:48pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from jonnyboy82
I want Paul to win us this league and finish what he started and I know that will be next season.

I now see how much this club means to him and the players really play for the shirt.

I have come to realise that he wont have anyone who won't give it all and have a bad influence e.g. aswad Thomas and Scott neilson.

Paul is our man and how good will it feel if Paul hurst and John Paul Pittman both lift the trophy next year !

If I ever doubted if Hurst cared that much or saw this as 'just a job' then my doubt was laid to rest listening to his post match interview.  Close to tears himself.  Also had his lad on BT sport in a Town shirt and has said he is committed to staying.  He has completely swung me round and I now desperately want him to be the manager that gets us out of here, and also I now believe he can do it.  

I said earlier in the season that one of the things a conference team needs to do to get promoted is take big steps forward, not just be 'there or there abouts' as the team with momentum will beat you.  This season we have taken a massive step forward from last season and since Christmas.  If we can do that again we will be champions.  Yes we might have to break a record as most teams struggle after losing the playoff final as that male private Alan Ager has seemed to have great joy pointing out on Twitter, but most teams don't bounce back up.  We can do this if we keep pushing forward, all of us, fans board players manager etc. Right now I really believe that we will.  
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, May 18, 2015, 6:01pm; Reply: 22
If Paul Hurst had got the players he as now at the start of the season we would have romped it but we didn't but the fact that he brought in quality players that improved the squad proved to me anyway he knows what he is doing.

The team spirit was superb and infectious so much so they helped turn the fans around to believe in them.

I say keep Hurst and let him do his job.
Posted by: big al, May 18, 2015, 6:54pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from TAGG

I think your perspective is a bit out, that was all. I poked a bit a fun because you said you'd tell PH to f**k off if you saw him, in response to my original post. You then called me a f**ker and a tw*t for doing that. Just thought it was a bit disproportionate. I did not intend or wish to belittle you - it was just genuinely, a bit of banter.

I think we are probably different ends of the spectrum when it comes to PH. I don't think he's some sort of football genius but I think he's doing a good job and he gets town playing football when they are at their best. If we could guarantee getting out of this league by hoofing it forward, being physical or cyncial then I would still take what we are trying to do over that. Just for the record - I wouldn't accuse BR of doing that either.

May be I'm deluding myself but for me, when we are knocking the ball around with confidence it reminds of the Buckley years a little bit and that's what I'd like to go back to.

Posted by: TAGG, May 18, 2015, 8:26pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from big al

I think your perspective is a bit out, that was all. I poked a bit a fun because you said you'd tell PH to f**k off if you saw him, in response to my original post. You then called me a f**ker and a tw*t for doing that. Just thought it was a bit disproportionate. I did not intend or wish to belittle you - it was just genuinely, a bit of banter.

I think we are probably different ends of the spectrum when it comes to PH. I don't think he's some sort of football genius but I think he's doing a good job and he gets town playing football when they are at their best. If we could guarantee getting out of this league by hoofing it forward, being physical or cyncial then I would still take what we are trying to do over that. Just for the record - I wouldn't accuse BR of doing that either.

May be I'm deluding myself but for me, when we are knocking the ball around with confidence it reminds of the Buckley years a little bit and that's what I'd like to go back to.

Top post Big al.
Apologies  :)
Posted by: big al, May 18, 2015, 8:32pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from TAGG

Top post Big al.
Apologies  :)

No apology needed.

We are town
Posted by: EY Mariner, May 18, 2015, 9:42pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from TAGG

It's people like you who have so often succeeded in poisoning this forum and making it akin to some sort of self-help group who don't know, or simply choose not to see, how well this team has done. Not only could you do with lessons in footballing sense, but manners would help as well.
Posted by: ackomariner, May 18, 2015, 9:54pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from EY Mariner

It's people like you who have so often succeeded in poisoning this forum and making it akin to some sort of self-help group who don't know, or simply choose not to see, how well this team has done. Not only could you do with lessons in footballing sense, but manners would help as well.

If everyone thought the same, this forum would be rubbish....it's his opinion and he's entitled to it, just as you are and I am
Posted by: jaymariner, May 18, 2015, 9:54pm; Reply: 28
Hurst is definitely one of us now IMO and deserves another season with us, now is the time to get behind him and let him know that he is wanted because it's people like TAGG that will push him away. Just think how gutted we would be if he was poached by a league club or even another conference club
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 18, 2015, 9:55pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from Caesar

If I ever doubted if Hurst cared that much or saw this as 'just a job' then my doubt was laid to rest listening to his post match interview.  Close to tears himself.  Also had his lad on BT sport in a Town shirt and has said he is committed to staying.  He has completely swung me round and I now desperately want him to be the manager that gets us out of here, and also I now believe he can do it.  

You know the first time I got a bit choked was today when I listened to Hurst's interview. He had that catch in his throat.

I've completely changed my view since the Winter. Slowly. Always thought he was a decent man, but finally we're getting there on the pitch. Keep him (if he wants to stay) to finish the job.
Posted by: DickBarton, May 19, 2015, 12:20pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from jonnyboy82

Keep it going Paul, improving each season, next Season we are up!

Keep personal abuse off the fishy. Argue and disagree, but no abusing anyone including Mr Fenty.

Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 9:34am