Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: GrimRob, May 17, 2015, 10:13pm
We're all gutted but there are at least a few positives to being in the National League next season.

1. More or less guaranteed to be at the right end of the table. Every season so far we have been in or close to the promotion picture. It's far from certain that would be the case in League 2, we might have been eyeing the bottom rather than the top,
2. We're one of the biggest teams with the biggest fan base and we can rightfully look down upon the "pub" sides. We'd be about midtable attendance wise in League 2. Our swagger would have to be toned down quite a bit.
3. We can genuinely expect to win virtually every match home and away.
4. Two derbies with Lincoln. No derbies in League 2.
5. Lots more TV games. BT Sport covers the division well. League 2 TV coverage is very sporadic.
6. Two realistic chances of going to Wembley. The JPT and L2 play-offs would have been a big ask
7. We can keep singing the ."I want to be in the Football League" song.

I'm grasping at straws a bit but can anyone think of any more?
Posted by: tails303, May 17, 2015, 10:18pm; Reply: 1
Wont be battling relegation unlike the scunt w@nker$ gloating on facebook
Posted by: sparkles, May 17, 2015, 10:18pm; Reply: 2
Ticket prices unlikely to change...

We can continue having the best support in the League & the best following- if we'd gone up another club might try to steal our crown.

The orange Vanarama logo brings a little bit of colour to the world.

Nah, I'm all out now!!!
Posted by: mike_d, May 17, 2015, 10:25pm; Reply: 3
We can change ends at some of the grounds at half time..
Posted by: wigworld, May 17, 2015, 10:26pm; Reply: 4
A trip to Birkenhead to look forward to!  ??)
Posted by: forza ivano, May 17, 2015, 10:29pm; Reply: 5
Already looking forward to the visit to borehamwood. One of the most beautiful towns in England and populated by very pleasant, well educated, polite and welcoming chavs.
If you believe that you'll believe anything 8)
Posted by: Grimal, May 17, 2015, 10:38pm; Reply: 6
Still got the Kidderminster Harrier pies to look forward to.
Posted by: tails303, May 17, 2015, 10:40pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Grimal
Still got the Kidderminster Harrier pies to look forward to.

Speaking of pies, thought the chicken balti pie was nice today inside wembley...if not a little overpriced...19 effing quid for 2 pints and 2 pies....at least going up as champions we wont get ripped off by the fa next year
Posted by: sydney, May 17, 2015, 10:44pm; Reply: 8
Been rained on at Macclesfield and then taking nearly twelve hours to get home in the snow is one I'm looking forward to repeating
Come on Town!!
Posted by: LH, May 17, 2015, 10:45pm; Reply: 9
We've still got a club to go and watch. Other towns aren't so fortunate these days.
Posted by: Fcukthescunts, May 17, 2015, 10:48pm; Reply: 10
Tranmere and Guiseley two grounds for me to tick off on my list!
Posted by: arryarryarry, May 17, 2015, 11:33pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from GrimRob
We're all gutted but there are at least a few positives to being in the National League next season.

I know you are you taking the p!ss

1. More or less guaranteed to be at the right end of the table. Every season so far we have been in or close to the promotion picture. It's far from certain that would be the case in League 2, we might have been eyeing the bottom rather than the top, I know where I would rather be.

2. We're one of the biggest teams with the biggest fan base and we can rightfully look down upon the "pub" sides. We'd be about midtable attendance wise in League 2. Our swagger would have to be toned down quite a bit. A big fan base didn't help with the likes of Southport, Nuneaton, Altrincham at home

3. We can genuinely expect to win virtually every match home and away.Mmmm did you go to the home games this season?

4. Two derbies with Lincoln. No derbies in League 2. Who gives a fwck about Lincoln

5. Lots more TV games. BT Sport covers the division well. League 2 TV coverage is very sporadic.Apart from all the goals from every game on a Saturday night

6. Two realistic chances of going to Wembley. The JPT and L2 play-offs would have been a big ask Says the big fan of the FAT

7. We can keep singing the ."I want to be in the Football League" song. Oh yes much better than actually being in the Football League

I'm grasping at straws a bit but can anyone think of any more?

Posted by: sparko501, May 17, 2015, 11:55pm; Reply: 12
Lincoln away again that's probably the only silver lining for me, or Dover away on a Tuesday  ??)
Posted by: moosey_club, May 18, 2015, 9:10am; Reply: 13
There has been a resurgence in player/ fan bonding this season.

Posted by: pizzzza, May 18, 2015, 9:26am; Reply: 14
Ahh Lincoln away, let's hope someone sees sense and it is back to being on Boxing Day next season.
Posted by: Rick12, May 18, 2015, 9:34am; Reply: 15
Victory will taste all the sweeter after so much heartache
Posted by: Mariner Marty, May 18, 2015, 9:34am; Reply: 16
Ross Joyce promoted to league 2!?
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 9:25am