Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: supertown, May 17, 2015, 9:56pm
I'm as gutted as anyone but to miss the target from 12 yds is utter excrement, you won't score if you don't get it on target , I know pitman will be upset but there is no excuse . A great save is acceptable but missing the target is not . Truth hurts
Posted by: jimgtfc, May 17, 2015, 9:57pm; Reply: 1
Fuckk off...
Posted by: ginnywings, May 17, 2015, 9:59pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from jimgtfc
Fuckk off...

WHS
Posted by: Harry Haddock, May 17, 2015, 10:00pm; Reply: 3
It's called pressure, until you're in that position.... WHS
Posted by: LondonMariner43, May 17, 2015, 10:01pm; Reply: 4
Rubbish. Stuart Pearce and Chris Waddle were two great players but both missed vital penalties.  It wasn't that penalty that cost us promotion - it was a season of 49 games.
Posted by: Chrisblor, May 17, 2015, 10:02pm; Reply: 5
Yeah seriously intercourse off.

I was only sat in the stands and could barely cope with the pressure of the shootout. I will not stand for any criticism towards the players who put themselves forward to take a penalty.
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, May 17, 2015, 10:02pm; Reply: 6
We all know players on 250K a week do the same thing, can happen to anyone, especially in front of massive crowds, like Harry Haddock said, the pressure must be massive.

Feel sorry for Pittman more than anything, really do. He will be absolutely devastated.
Posted by: KK_DOG, May 17, 2015, 10:02pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from jimgtfc
Fuckk off...

Agreed
Posted by: tails303, May 17, 2015, 10:04pm; Reply: 8
Yes he should have at least hit the target but its losing to shite teams like lincoln that cost us promotion... cant pin it on one man!
Posted by: mariner91, May 17, 2015, 10:04pm; Reply: 9
You've clearly never taken a penalty in your life. I was shitting myself taking one in a cup final shootout for my uni last month in front of 500 people. The pressure often tells and in my case I shanked it but it went in fortunately. I can't even begin to imagine how tense you must be to take one in front of nearly 50,000 knowing promotion is on the line. All credit for having the guts to step forward, I won't hold it against him.
Posted by: springstomind, May 17, 2015, 10:05pm; Reply: 10
I could barely watch, nevermind take one.  Pitman doesn't deserve any stick, won't get it from the players or the manager and shouldn't get it from the fans.  I feel for him massively, balls of steel to step up.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 17, 2015, 10:09pm; Reply: 11
FFS JPP did not cost us promotion any player can miss a penalty. I'm gutted for him he's a player that has had a smile on his face all year.  
Posted by: petethemariner, May 17, 2015, 10:10pm; Reply: 12
Bayern Munich, a team full of internationals missed  ALL of their penalties in
a recent cup game against Dortmund, JPP's penalty was a poor one, but taking penalties second
when your opponents have been clinical with all of  theirs adds tremendous pressure and far
better players than JPP have fallen victim to it, someone was bound to miss after all.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, May 17, 2015, 10:13pm; Reply: 13
He didn't want to miss, he didn't mean to miss but there was just a little matter of promotion at stake. He needs a cuddle not a kicking.
Posted by: Hagrid, May 17, 2015, 10:18pm; Reply: 14
urine off! Ive spoke to pittman since the game, and can tell you that there is noone more devastated than him. He does not deserve any excrement off any fan. Hope he remains with us next season
Posted by: GrimRob, May 17, 2015, 10:20pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from supertown
I'm as gutted as anyone but to miss the target from 12 yds is utter excrement, you won't score if you don't get it on target , I know pitman will be upset but there is no excuse . A great save is acceptable but missing the target is not . Truth hurts

Anyone can hit the target from 12 yards but there is a player between the posts whose job it is to try and stop you from scoring. For that reason a side foot into the centre of the goal would generally fail and players normally choose to aim somewhere towards the edge of the goal frame at speed.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, May 17, 2015, 10:25pm; Reply: 16
The penalty was a poor penalty but by the same token you have to feel for McKeown. He got close to 4 of the penalties. Pitman will be gutted but I am so glad to see the forum positive.

As bad as the penalty was, he is a good guy and not a disruptive influence like the last guy who fluffed a penalty for us at Wembley.
Posted by: Perkins, May 17, 2015, 10:31pm; Reply: 17
I don't think there are many of us who would have had the bottle to stand up and take a penalty at Wembley, I know I wouldn't have been able to because I would have slipped on my own puddle of sh*te.
Posted by: Fcukthescunts, May 17, 2015, 10:59pm; Reply: 18
We had a Wankur who missed a penalty against Wrexham the other year who didn't give a sh1t about the club or fans he deserved all he got. Pittman deserves massive respect for stepping fwd and is totally gutted by the miss. OP can do one, every player gave their all today not one should be slated .
Posted by: realist, May 17, 2015, 11:07pm; Reply: 19
Boll*cks. The goal this season was promotion. The manager and players deserve a roasting. I am not prepared to applaud mediocrity.  Another season of failure
Posted by: mariner91, May 17, 2015, 11:08pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from realist
Boll*cks. The goal this season was promotion. The manager and players deserve a roasting. I am not prepared to applaud mediocrity.  Another season of failure

You're boring mate. Go wank yourself to sleep like every night.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 17, 2015, 11:12pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from realist

I've been one of Hurst's biggest critics, but that is absolute immature balderdash.

Yeah mistakes have been made, but jeez, it's not for want of trying.

If their GK had been sent off as he should have we'd be commiserating with poor Bristol Rovers today.
Posted by: bobbyturtle, May 17, 2015, 11:16pm; Reply: 22
supertown should get totw for that
Posted by: sparko501, May 17, 2015, 11:19pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from jimgtfc
Fuckk off...

What he said
Posted by: jonnyboy82, May 17, 2015, 11:23pm; Reply: 24
The poor lad had the balderdash to step up in front of 50,000 fans in a playoff final and some Muppet wants to have a go.

Do one.

Pittman must be feeling like excrement tonight, I have been a male masturbator on here before a few times but you have took that mantle from me.

Maybe.
Posted by: Fcukthescunts, May 17, 2015, 11:52pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from jonnyboy82
The poor lad had the balderdash to step up in front of 50,000 fans in a playoff final and some Muppet wants to have a go.

Do one.

Pittman must be feeling like excrement tonight, I have been a male masturbator on here before a few times but you have took that mantle from me.

Maybe.

Well and truly took the mantle!!

Posted by: gaz57, May 18, 2015, 12:34am; Reply: 26
He had the the balls to take the penalty then face the fans and be interviewed on Humberside. Let's think back to the goals he scored that gave us the points to get us to Wembley and applaud  him for that.
Posted by: wodewick, May 18, 2015, 3:51am; Reply: 27
Quoted from jimgtfc
Fuckk off...

Not agreed
Posted by: supertown, May 18, 2015, 8:44am; Reply: 28
You are all being over critical of my post, it was a excrement penalty and that is a fact I havent criticised anyone,
Posted by: chicaneuk, May 18, 2015, 9:20am; Reply: 29
Like others have said - I could barely even watch for the nerves of the whole occasion. How the team put in the performance they did, given the mental and physical demands of that match, and then had to stand there and net penalties is beyond me. It's no wonder that someone cracked.

I think my emotions got the better of me on the day and I didn't applaud JPP when he came round by himself at the end. I realise now how stupid and unfair of me that was. What balls it must have took to come and face the crowds alone, when he must have felt personally responsible for what happened.
Posted by: newfootballer, May 18, 2015, 10:43am; Reply: 30
Quoted from mariner91
You've clearly never taken a penalty in your life. I was shitting myself taking one in a cup final shootout for my uni last month in front of 500 people. The pressure often tells and in my case I shanked it but it went in fortunately. I can't even begin to imagine how tense you must be to take one in front of nearly 50,000 knowing promotion is on the line. All credit for having the guts to step forward, I won't hold it against him.

Totally agree with you what a comment to make.

I use to take the pens for Town scored many and missed a few there is a lot of nervous feelings going round your head as the pen is given.
Besides the opposition players giving you a load of stick as you are taking the penalty, a lot of it personel  I can tell you, anything to put you off mentally, they would try it and the refs always let them say what they wanted to and a lot of it was disgusting. your concentration was vitally important.
NEWFOOTBALLER
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 6:55am