Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: MuddyWaters, May 17, 2015, 8:47pm
For the players. I believe we have had the best squad in the league and still believe that if we'd beaten Gateshead, we'd have won it. I also still believe that if PH had been a little more attack-minded, we'd have won it. He put this group together and, with that in mind, deserves another go, but we need a goalscorer and a central midfielder, that said, we looked in much more control when Craig Clay came on.

Let's get our heads up and go again.

UTM
Posted by: SamTheMariner, May 17, 2015, 9:02pm; Reply: 1
I'm devastated. When Lenny bundled in the opener, I thought it was our year, but it wasn't to be. Heh, maybe next year as long as we keep most of the squad together.
Posted by: chicaneuk, May 17, 2015, 9:11pm; Reply: 2
I think the most painful thing is that (and I don't know if I speak for the majority here) I went to Wembley today expecting to struggle against Bristol - they were the side we *least* wanted to land in the playoffs / final, and I was worried we'd end up getting schooled.

But with the goal in the opening minutes, and then continuing to look strong for the first 30 or so, all that doubt washed away and I really felt confident we could do it. To be honest I felt that way all the way through extra time too as honestly Rovers never really managed to mount any consistent, dangerous challenges.

To go through all that and lose it on one penalty is heartbreaking.
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 8:12am