Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Fcukthescunts, May 17, 2015, 6:01pm
Watching at home and the only fans you could hear were Town. Sounded great.
Let's have a few weeks off to get over the heartbreak and get behind the team.
A PNE fan just text me to say we have the best fans and he is right
Gutted but Proud Mariner
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 17, 2015, 6:06pm; Reply: 1
They only had one song sonething about Irene???
Posted by: Rick12, May 17, 2015, 6:08pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from HertsGTFC
They only had one song sonething about Irene???
Is catchy though  ;)

Posted by: LondonMariner43, May 17, 2015, 6:12pm; Reply: 3
Our fans were first class.  Maybe a smaller turnout meant more passion per head!  The group behind the goal were magnificent - never stopped and even those of us to the sides sang our hearts out.  Bristol only sang about twice
Posted by: Rick12, May 17, 2015, 6:15pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from LondonMariner43
Our fans were first class.  Maybe a smaller turnout meant more passion per head!  The group behind the goal were magnificent - never stopped and even those of us to the sides sang our hearts out.  Bristol only sang about twice
Agree .Great turnout and done the club proud.Makes me proud to be a mariner

Posted by: James77, May 17, 2015, 6:16pm; Reply: 5
I'm not usually one to rattle on about how 'good the support is' etc etc

But the Town fans today were magnificent, great noise inside Wembley. Proud to be a mariner.
Posted by: Jaws, May 17, 2015, 6:47pm; Reply: 6
Was in Block 111 and have lost my voice. Seemed Bristol fans only stood up when the ball was in the net. No idea where their singing section was? Perhaps their following was full of the glory hunting one timers, the sort that don't turn out for us anymore. Seemed like every town fan was up for it today.
Posted by: codcheeky, May 17, 2015, 7:00pm; Reply: 7
Also in 111 Support has been stunning all weekend from the tattershall castle to trafalgar square and the spoons afterwards yesterday to this afternoon , absolutely gutted with the result so proud to be a Grimsby fan
Posted by: LondonMariner43, May 17, 2015, 7:02pm; Reply: 8
Have to also add that right up to the end of extra time I really enjoyed the game.  Our players battled hard and we sang our hearts out.  Much more enjoyable than the Trophy final v Wrexham (and not just for the weather)...
Posted by: southernmariner, May 17, 2015, 7:12pm; Reply: 9
Yeah block 111 rocking today, stood all game best atmosphere we've had at new wembley.
Posted by: mariner91, May 17, 2015, 8:00pm; Reply: 10
In block 111, brought along a couple of non Town supporting mates, they couldn't believe how good our fans were. The long FISH chants sounded absolutely superb.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, May 17, 2015, 8:21pm; Reply: 11
Speaking to them brizzle lot tonight they agree.
Posted by: Jaws, May 17, 2015, 8:40pm; Reply: 12
The fish chant was rattling the stand if you went in the concourse. Here's hoping today's atmosphere will help boost it at BP next season. You'd imagine most people who are there would have been at Wembley.

If we crack on at home the league is ours, would have been this season...
Posted by: Marinerz93, May 17, 2015, 10:07pm; Reply: 13
I was in row 13 in block 111 and it was fantastic, the fish chant certainly had some kind of kick back I wasn't expecting.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 17, 2015, 11:04pm; Reply: 14
That fish chant sounded awesome. Definitely echoed round back at us. Would love to hear how it sounded elsewhere. Rovers fan on the tube said we were much more vocal than their lot.

In block 112 - not bad effort singing wise but you lot in 111.....wow!
Posted by: sydney, May 17, 2015, 11:14pm; Reply: 15
Final Irony watching game on highlights tonight was those helmet BT pundits whilst watching BR celebrate with their fans at the end of the game saying "they deseve it as they have the best fans" OMG
was he not at the game!!!!
our 10-15,000 completley outsinging their 25-30,000 plus , for the whole game..
off too lie down now with only the prospect of the cold realisation of the fixtures coming out for next season and watching a poor league on a poor sports channel to look forward to..
But still very proud and positive and will do the miles next year
well done to one and all today
proud to support GTFC
Come on town!!
Posted by: Caesar, May 17, 2015, 11:17pm; Reply: 16
Yeah amazing support.  Was also in block 111 and was delighted with the noise we seemed to create but also that it was felt from around the ground.  My gf was watching on TV and said she could hear us far more than Rovers, while Irene did create a wall of noise it was only brief.  And the Fish chant was immense, normally not one of my favourites oddly but just really worked today.
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, May 18, 2015, 6:41am; Reply: 17
Block 111 row 18, in my 1997/98 top and didn't stop singing and clapping and only sat down at the end of ET as I felt a little sick! Amazing atmosphere and so proud to be a Mariner. We will go again next season. UTM GTID
Print page generated: May 8, 2024, 8:22pm