Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: moosey_club, May 17, 2015, 4:55pm
Arguably the better side overall, Mckeown had very little to do for the last 75 mins but ultimately......we couldnt score the goals to take the game in normal time.
Defense were outstanding, midfield held firm but a lack of real quality in the final third told eventually.....but we knew that in the summer didnt we?

Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, May 17, 2015, 4:59pm; Reply: 1
If anything lost us the game in normal time was the poor crosses into the box, far too easy for a little goalkeeper like puddy to pull them out of the air unchallenged.
But otherwise im sulking big time right now, just never seems to be our day on the big occasion, and every side we come up against are germany national team level penalty takers
Posted by: realist, May 17, 2015, 5:00pm; Reply: 2
Hard to stomach the result, but to be fair Bristol earned this over the season . I've never been a fan of the play off system.

Now lets ditch Hurst and any talk of new stadiums and go up next year as champions
Posted by: ginnywings, May 17, 2015, 5:04pm; Reply: 3
Think Hurst deserves another go at it myself. If not flying by Xmas, then look at it again. Only another decent striker away from winning the league IMO and the only thing Barnet bettered us at last season.
Posted by: scrumble, May 17, 2015, 5:07pm; Reply: 4
Its hard enough to lose to a side that played well against you, but to lose to dirty team like that...

Deliberate hand ball, diving, rolling around on the floor holding their face etc etc, thats a really bitter pill to swallow.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, May 17, 2015, 5:16pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from ginnywings
Think Hurst deserves another go at it myself. If not flying by Xmas, then look at it again. Only another decent striker away from winning the league IMO and the only thing Barnet bettered us at last season.

Spot on!  
Posted by: realist, May 17, 2015, 6:23pm; Reply: 6
Same drivel as last year. Give him till xmas, then too late to change leave it to the end of the season and drop him if we don't get promoted. How often are we giving him another chance?.
Everyone agrees that we have the best squad so it's up to the manager to fall on his sword. Failure in the play offs of this league is just not got enough
Posted by: Rick12, May 17, 2015, 6:25pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from ginnywings
Agree.Still gutted at todays result but teams do come back stronger eg look at Brentford for one as a example.

Posted by: mariner tommy, May 17, 2015, 6:26pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from realist
Same drivel as last year. Give him till xmas, then too late to change leave it to the end of the season and drop him if we don't get promoted. How often are we giving him another chance?.
Everyone agrees that we have the best squad so it's up to the manager to fall on his sword. Failure in the play offs of this league is just not got enough

No we don't, we've all said we need additions

UTM
Posted by: AdamHaddock, May 17, 2015, 7:09pm; Reply: 9
Tories back in government and town staying in non league

Hard to imagine being more miserable than this
Posted by: ginnywings, May 17, 2015, 7:34pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from AdamHaddock

Christ, you've just made me doubly miserable. Forgot about Cameron and gorgeous George for a few hours.
Posted by: mariner91, May 17, 2015, 7:41pm; Reply: 11
Definitely the better side today but we didn't make our good spells count. Lack of quality up front and as said before, we are only a real top quality striker away from tearing this league a new one. Hurst definitely deserves another go, no question for me. How their keeper stayed on the pitch I don't think I will ever comprehend.

But equally, I hate the play off system and Bristol finished five points ahead of us so probably deserved it even if they didn't on the day. I have no issue with them and I hope they appreciate their FL status now. We started too slowly this season but if we had this team now all season we'd have been up there. A few quality additions over the summer, provided we keep everyone, and we'll win it next year. UTM
Posted by: Maringer, May 17, 2015, 7:51pm; Reply: 12
Unfortunately, none of our attacking players did the job well enough today. LJL got his goal and worked hard as you would expect but it wasn't his best game by a long way.

Just a pity we didn't sign Palmer at the start of the season as I'd imagine we'd have won a few more points if he had been available before Christmas.
Posted by: Grim74, May 17, 2015, 9:50pm; Reply: 13

It could of beecworsrt u could wake up tomorrow and find es millibarsd as prime minister.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 17, 2015, 10:56pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Grim74

It could of beecworsrt u could wake up tomorrow and find es millibarsd as prime minister.

That would be much more preferable to what we're facing.
Posted by: arryarryarry, May 17, 2015, 11:37pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Rick12
Agree.Still gutted at todays result but teams do come back stronger eg look at Brentford for one as a example.

Erm Gateshead?

Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 3:24pm