Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, May 16, 2015, 7:37pm
Firstly, unlike some other clubs, Rovers fans have conducted themselves with grace, humility and generally good humour.   If you go on their Boards you will see this. Just don't mention Sainsbury's (ongoing court case about Sainsbury's pulling out of funding a new ground).

The match tomorrow is very close to call.

We think that this is our time.  Well maybe it is.

We have served our time in NL and want it more.  Again, well maybe.  This is a bit vague though and does not easily translate into a winning position and result.

Rovers are the favourites. They have more pressure on them with the higher expectations.  Can they handle this pressure and expectation on the day?  

Both teams are in championship winning form.  Rovers have 24 points from their last 10 games.  We have 36 from the last 15 games. Identical records.

Chris Lines is a quality player and has made a big difference for them in midfield since he arrived on loan, for the last 10 games.  He is also very good with dead ball kicks.  We need to restrict his influence in running the match. If not then they will probably have the edge.

Both teams have excellent team spirit and are rightly very confident and confident that they will win.

We had weakened teams in both league games against Bristol Rovers.  These 2 results are therefore not representative of our current performance levels.

Rovers seen to play better at home and in front of big crowds.  Wembley is a different kettle of fish thtough for both teams in terms of the crowd and atmosphere. They will outnumber us at least 2 fans to 1.  Who will manage the occasion the better?

We have an excellent record agianst the better teams this season, particularly, away from home.  We also beat Barnet home and away with more ease than we expected to.

Our main strength though is winning away from home - and where the home fans outnumber us, as Rovers fans will at Wembley.   We will be going for our 15th away league win (including the play-offs) of the season. This would be the 16th away win but for that late uncharacteristic colllapse at Chester.  Rovers record away from home (9 wins) cannot match this.

We have scored in 25 consecutive away games this season. This is another key factor in our favour. The 2 best defences are pitted against other tomorrow. Goals are likely to be at premium. Forwards will be well-marked.   We are likely to score though.

With forwards closely-marked, a midfielder or defender may therefore score the only and winning goal.  

I therefore think that there is sufficient key supporting evidence and reason that we will win.  I will go for 1-0 with a goal scored by Craig Disley, against his old club.  We will see eh?

The match and occasion is so different for both teams that fine margins, or a bit of luck, may well decide the outcome.  If We DO win, I do expect Rovers fans to be generous in defeat.  They are a proper club, built on the right values.  If they win, I will stay and applaud the team, even if I will be completely gutted.  At least after 2 years of failure, we are in a position to compete for promotion.  

Posted by: pizzzza, May 16, 2015, 7:47pm; Reply: 1
It's on a knife edge, one or two magic moments will decide the game. Let's hope they go our way!
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, May 16, 2015, 7:49pm; Reply: 2
Yes.
Posted by: bobbyturtle, May 16, 2015, 8:01pm; Reply: 3
the boys can do it!
Posted by: Green27, May 16, 2015, 8:15pm; Reply: 4
I think our experience will see us through.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 16, 2015, 8:18pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Firstly, unlike some other clubs, Rovers fans have conducted themselves with grace, humility and generally good humour.   If you go on their Boards you will see this. Just don't mention Sainsbury's (ongoing court case about Sainsbury's pulling out of funding a new ground).

The match tomorrow is very close to call.

We think that this is our time.  Well maybe it is.

We have served our time in NL and want it more.  Again, well maybe.  This is a bit vague though and does not easily translate into a winning position and result.

Rovers are the favourites. They have more pressure on them with the higher expectations.  Can they handle this pressure and expectation on the day?  

Both teams are in championship winning form.  Rovers have 24 points from their last 10 games.  We have 36 from the last 15 games. Identical records.

Chris Lines is a quality player and has made a big difference for them in midfield since he arrived on loan, for the last 10 games.  He is also very good with dead ball kicks.  We need to restrict his influence in running the match. If not then they will probably have the edge.

Both teams have excellent team spirit and are rightly very confident and confident that they will win.

We had weakened teams in both league games against Bristol Rovers.  These 2 results are therefore not representative of our current performance levels.

Rovers seen to play better at home and in front of big crowds.  Wembley is a different kettle of fish thtough for both teams in terms of the crowd and atmosphere. They will outnumber us at least 2 fans to 1.  Who will manage the occasion the better?

We have an excellent record agianst the better teams this season, particularly, away from home.  We also beat Barnet home and away with more ease than we expected to.

Our main strength though is winning away from home - and where the home fans outnumber us, as Rovers fans will at Wembley.   We will be going for our 15th away league win (including the play-offs) of the season. This would be the 16th away win but for that late uncharacteristic colllapse at Chester.  Rovers record away from home (9 wins) cannot match this.

We have scored in 25 consecutive away games this season. This is another key factor in our favour. The 2 best defences are pitted against other tomorrow. Goals are likely to be at premium. Forwards will be well-marked.   We are likely to score though.

With forwards closely-marked, a midfielder or defender may therefore score the only and winning goal.  

I therefore think that there is sufficient key supporting evidence and reason that we will win.  I will go for 1-0 with a goal scored by Craig Disley, against his old club.  We will see eh?

The match and occasion is so different for both teams that fine margins, or a bit of luck, may well decide the outcome.  If We DO win, I do expect Rovers fans to be generous in defeat.  They are a proper club, built on the right values.  If they win, I will stay and applaud the team, even if I will be completely gutted.  At least after 2 years of failure, we are in a position to compete for promotion.  

All I can say is "we're the Grimsby the Mighty Grimsby we always win away" ............... I Fcuking hope we do anyway.
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 1:39am