Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: yeovilmariner, May 16, 2015, 6:49pm
Dad passed away Christmas day and we had great chats how town were doing and not doing.a few Wembley trips and that stadium over the water in Wales kept him going and proud.we both new he would never see town back where we belong so he's left that for me to continue.so tomorrow is our time and the old fella will be proud again. UTM can't wait :-)
Posted by: cmackenzie4, May 16, 2015, 7:02pm; Reply: 1
Let's hope Town get the win for your dad Yeovilmariner
Posted by: jonnyboy82, May 16, 2015, 7:03pm; Reply: 2
Sympathies mate and hope its a good day for all involved tomorrow.
Posted by: cod_head_doug, May 16, 2015, 10:26pm; Reply: 3
I lost my dad a year after we got relegated from the league, and my mate two years ago.
Both were life long Town fans, season ticket holders and share holders.
I have felt let down by certain players and reffing decisions the last couple of seasons, but I feel strongly that this is our season..
Here's hoping I am raising a glass or two tomorrow night for Walt and Colin and GTFC
Posted by: GrimRob, May 16, 2015, 10:53pm; Reply: 4
I was thinking the other day about all the Town fans who have died since we last got promoted 17 years ago. There must be hundreds of people who have passed away before getting to see us start the climb back to a more fitting stature for our club. Hopefully all of them including your dad will pull a few strings with the football gods for a positive result tomorrow.
Posted by: Civvy at last, May 16, 2015, 10:58pm; Reply: 5
Two brothers, three cousins, and an uncle. All gone since we've been non league. Hope they've got BT Sports in the next life !!
Posted by: Spidey, May 16, 2015, 11:40pm; Reply: 6
My dad went February last year, he was a big fan, and thanks to him I feel so passionate about GTFC, I'm sure our loved ones who are not here anymore will help Town hey over that finishing line.
Posted by: bobbyturtle, May 17, 2015, 12:00am; Reply: 7
will be thinking of my dad too, tomorrow. still have the stool he made me to see over the barrett stand fence. happy days and thats why im there tomorrow
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 17, 2015, 12:06am; Reply: 8
Dad in 2006. But he was never into football the stubborn old fecker.  :)

"22 grown men kicking an inflated pig's bladder around."

Good man hough. Good man.
Posted by: Tinymariner, May 17, 2015, 12:42am; Reply: 9
This thread brought a tear to my eye, lots of fellow Mariners who never got to see us back in the League. Let's hope the boys can do it tomorrow. UTM
Posted by: Brisbane Mariner, May 17, 2015, 1:31am; Reply: 10
Quoted from yeovilmariner
Dad passed away Christmas day and we had great chats how town were doing and not doing.a few Wembley trips and that stadium over the water in Wales kept him going and proud.we both new he would never see town back where we belong so he's left that for me to continue.so tomorrow is our time and the old fella will be proud again. UTM can't wait :-)

Was hoping for the same from my Dad who was desperate to see town back in the league sadly he passed 2 years ago, my 100 year old grandad had seen it all and the day before he passed in November last year - he said "so are town gonna get back in the bloody league or what" " that's what I want"
I told him it's what we all want!
Come on town!! Let's do this!
UTM 8) 8)
Posted by: yeovilmariner, May 17, 2015, 8:18am; Reply: 11
Well here we go.the big arch of Wembley.got a feeling it's our time.best of luck boys.
Posted by: topuphere666, May 17, 2015, 9:09am; Reply: 12
My dad died suddenly a month after we got relegated. I'd love for us to get promotion just before the 5th anniversary
Posted by: mariner tommy, May 17, 2015, 9:17am; Reply: 13
Quoted from yeovilmariner

My Dad died on Christmas Day also, just over twelve years ago.
And he first took me to see town and got me hooked.
This is our time, our day, our destiny.

UTM
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 4:51am