Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: OneTeamInBristol, May 14, 2015, 10:41pm
Wishing you the best of luck on Sunday.

The MAJORITY of Bristol will be urging you on.

Safe journey,enjoy the day and most of all....WIN!!
Posted by: RalphFilthy, May 14, 2015, 11:08pm; Reply: 1
haha
Posted by: lukeo, May 15, 2015, 5:40am; Reply: 2
thanks  8)
Posted by: pizzzza, May 15, 2015, 8:05am; Reply: 3
I don't really know enough about the rivalry to be honest but wouldn't City fans be happy to see Rovers go back up so Bristol could boast having two league clubs?
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, May 15, 2015, 8:51am; Reply: 4
I live in Bristol, trust me they hate each other!
Posted by: coxy, May 15, 2015, 9:53am; Reply: 5
Agreed with Bristol mariner, were I work in burnham is swamped with both city and rovers and they owner caravans yet won't even speak to one n other???

They hate each other BIG time
Posted by: northbankmariner, May 15, 2015, 12:32pm; Reply: 6
no love lost between the Bristol clubs that's for sure. over the years we have had our rivalries ie Lincoln Scunthorpe and hull, but being in the same city living and working amongst the sworn enemy, that has to be tough. no wonder Bristol city are cheering us on, after all they got promoted in style this year and that would further rub their neighbours noses in it a bit more. So cheers for that oneteaminbristol.
Posted by: OneTeamInBristol, May 15, 2015, 3:13pm; Reply: 7
The bigger the gap between us, the better.
All future fans will be ours  :P

So over to you!
Posted by: fleabag1970, May 15, 2015, 4:48pm; Reply: 8
That was Scunny's plan ... Bigger gap they get all the floating fans ...... Bless em
Posted by: Gastafari, May 15, 2015, 10:33pm; Reply: 9
This is why City fans are a joke.

After winning a league and cup double they are still obsessed with us.

They love waving their willy's around all because they have a billionaire, egotistical helmet owner, who is turning their club into nothing more than a franchise.

And yes, we do flipping despise eachother.

Posted by: LH, May 15, 2015, 10:41pm; Reply: 10
I think a few Rovers fans have been willy waggling about ticket sales too in fairness!
Posted by: Gastafari, May 15, 2015, 10:58pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from LH
I think a few Rovers fans have been willy waggling about ticket sales too in fairness!

Have they?

I dont think so.

I think it is to be expected that Rovers would sell more tickets than Grimsby, that is not being disrespectful but simple facts being that Bristol is a bigger place than Grimsby, Rovers have a larger average attendance and it is considerably closer to London than Grimsby is.

If anything we have been disappointed with our overall sales(If you go by the Vanarama updates), there are a few factors in that, City have already had a day out at Wembley and a lot of the floaters, day trippers and fairweathers would of gone to that and are not bothered about going again, and a lot of Gasheads have been outraged by the ticket prices, just like quite a few of Grimsby fans have judging by some comments i've read.

Certainly no willy waving.
Posted by: Grimal, May 15, 2015, 11:29pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Gastafari

They love waving their willy's around all because they have a billionaire, egotistical helmet owner, who is turning their club into nothing more than a franchise.

Lets be honest here Gastafari, if you had the option would you swap your owner for a billionaire,egotistical helmet if his money would get your Rovers promoted to the championship ?.
Posted by: chaos33, May 15, 2015, 11:47pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Gastafari

Have they?

I dont think so.

I think it is to be expected that Rovers would sell more tickets than Grimsby, that is not being disrespectful but simple facts being that Bristol is a bigger place than Grimsby, Rovers have a larger average attendance and it is considerably closer to London than Grimsby is.

If anything we have been disappointed with our overall sales(If you go by the Vanarama updates), there are a few factors in that, City have already had a day out at Wembley and a lot of the floaters, day trippers and fairweathers would of gone to that and are not bothered about going again, and a lot of Gasheads have been outraged by the ticket prices, just like quite a few of Grimsby fans have judging by some comments i've read.

Certainly no willy waving.

Fair play to you mate. All sounds a bit childish to me.

I think that there is only one Conference club bigger and therefore able to take more fans to Wembley than Grimsby Town, and that's Bristol Rovers. Just a bigger, better supported club from a bigger conurbation, but that's ok with me. It's quite fitting that the two should fight it out for promotion. It's all about who has the better team on the day. You coud argue that both are really league clubs by pedigree anyway.

I do think it's a bit disappointing that we've sold significantly fewer tickets this time than we did two years ago in the tin pot trophy, but have concluded that the abject disappointment and general sufferings and costs that day (in more than one respect) have accounted for for a fair few of the other 5-10,000 that might conceiveably have attended.

Anyway, COME ON TOWN!

(2guns)
Posted by: Gastafari, May 16, 2015, 12:14am; Reply: 14
Quoted from Grimal

Lets be honest here Gastafari, if you had the option would you swap your owner for a billionaire,egotistical helmet if his money would get your Rovers promoted to the championship ?.

Oh absolutely, I would swap our chairman in a heartbeat with a billionaire, egotistical helmet if the club was run in the right manner and it got us to The Championship.

I wouldn't gob off to supporters of other clubs though and use it as some sort of badge of honour.

Well done, they've been lucky enough to be owned by a sugar daddy.

They wont be so cocky with such absurd delusions of grandeur if they end up like they did last time they spent way beyond their means and ended up going bust.

Up The Gas  :)
Posted by: Gastafari, May 16, 2015, 12:16am; Reply: 15
Quoted from chaos33

Fair play to you mate. All sounds a bit childish to me.

I think that there is only one Conference club bigger and therefore able to take more fans to Wembley than Grimsby Town, and that's Bristol Rovers. Just a bigger, better supported club from a bigger conurbation, but that's ok with me. It's quite fitting that the two should fight it out for promotion. It's all about who has the better team on the day. You coud argue that both are really league clubs by pedigree anyway.

I do think it's a bit disappointing that we've sold significantly fewer tickets this time than we did two years ago in the tin pot trophy, but have concluded that the abject disappointment and general sufferings and costs that day (in more than one respect) have accounted for the other 5-10,000 that might conceiveably have attended.

Anyway, COME ON TOWN!

(2guns)

Agreed.

May the best team win on Sunday.
Posted by: chaos33, May 16, 2015, 12:28am; Reply: 16
It's good of you to take your impending defeat so graciously.  ;)

Ahem. UTM. :-)
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 16, 2015, 4:40pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Gastafari

No jealousy there then?

Posted by: OneTeamInBristol, May 16, 2015, 9:47pm; Reply: 18
How apt - I think I've caught a fish  :)
Posted by: TheGas, May 16, 2015, 10:44pm; Reply: 19
Beware of an 82er catching fish, and bearing good  wishes, they are still high at the moment, so when their high wears off they will soon revert back to their Neanderthal form and back to their true existence of cheating people out of their hard earned money and re emerging as another form ie 82ers and believing there's only one team in Bristol

By the way most Bristol fans get on quite well, except on the now rare occasions when we both meet and then of course their Neanderthal ways emerge even more and they can be become quite uncontrollable.
The idiots will always be there no matter what, and those I suppose trolling and catching fish.
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 11:53pm