Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: BIGChris, May 14, 2015, 8:47am
Davie Boylen's latest in Gy Telegraph;

"It's not very often that, as a player, you get to play at Wembley – I certainly never did in my career – so these lads should be biting at the neck just to get on the pitch, which I am sure they will be"

Can't say i ever heard that phrase before. Hope they arent afraid of crosses too ;)
Posted by: pizzzza, May 14, 2015, 9:57am; Reply: 1
Maybe we have signed Luis Suarez on loan?
Posted by: Squidgy Fred, May 14, 2015, 10:03am; Reply: 2
Quoted from BIGChris

" so these lads should be biting at the neck "

Can't say i ever heard that phrase before. Hope they arent afraid of crosses too ;)

Probably got tongue tied and meant to say "Chomping at the bit". Happens to the best of us.

On the odd occasion when I've seen Dave in public, I can't help but reminisce seeing him carve his diminutive figure through the midfield at BP during the halcyon days of the 1970's.

UTM
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, May 14, 2015, 10:05am; Reply: 3
Dave has a wonderful way with the English language bless him, a true Town legend
Posted by: grimsby pete, May 14, 2015, 9:05pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from BIGChris

"It's not very often that, as a player, you get to play at Wembley – I certainly never did in my career – so these lads should be biting at the neck just to get on the pitch, which I am sure they will be"

I see Dave has explained that saying you pompous git. :P
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 14, 2015, 9:38pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from BIGChris

Bloody Romanians get everywhere!
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 9:50am