Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: The Yard Dog, May 13, 2015, 11:05pm
Wonder how many are planning to travel by train

Bristol Rovers have been contacted by First Great Western Trains who wish to advise supporters about delays on the line between Bristol Parkway and London Paddington.

“On the forthcoming weekend our services are affected by some engineering works which will have an impact on fans wishing to travel to Wembley on Sunday 17th.  

"Our colleagues at Network Rail are undertaking work between Swindon and Bristol Parkway, and Swindon and Chippenham which has an impact on routes from both of the major Bristol stations to London.

"Services from Bristol Temple Meads will be diverted between Bath and Reading and  journey times are extending by up to 30 mins, fans are advised to check their times carefully before that travel, especially where they plan to use connecting services.

"The most important message that we have for your fans is that there are no rail services from Bristol Parkway to London.  Bristol Parkway is likely to be the first choice station for your fans but our advice is to use Bristol Temple Meads.  

"A limited rail replacement bus service will operate from Parkway to Swindon for onward connecting trains to London, but this is much slower than the service via Temple Meads and services are likely to be much busier due to the limited capacity available.

"Due to the large numbers travelling, fans may be asked to queue prior to being allowed onto the platform for join their trains, this is for their own safety and we will let them onto the trains and platforms as soon as we can, so turn up early!

Read more at http://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/article/delays-expected-on-the-trains-sunday-2454304.aspx#Mo0dObmd40vdAmUS.99
Posted by: LH, May 13, 2015, 11:10pm; Reply: 1
Has anyone else got a feeling this weekend is going to turn into an absolute farce? The ref probably won't turn up or the arch will fall down mid-match or something.
Posted by: GrimRob, May 13, 2015, 11:27pm; Reply: 2
We might turn up fashionably late again
Posted by: poomehellt, May 14, 2015, 3:30am; Reply: 3
I'm not sure if it's already been mentioned on here, but we've been warned of delays by Network rail as well.

"SUPPORTERS are advised that there will be essential maintenance work being carried out between Grimsby Town and Doncaster on Sunday.

There will be a coach transfer from Grimsby Town but Network Rail are advising supporters that the 8.35 am is the latest connection which will get you to London in time for the 2pm kick-off.  That Doncaster train is scheduled to arrive at London Kings Cross at 12.33pm.

Trains from Newalk Northgate are not affected.

Read more at http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/article/important-rail-travel-information-2451441.aspx#BRVazbU4pH4xvXQS.99 "

Where's Newwalk?! I hope there is more than one coach to do the transfer between Grimsby and Donny, I can see it now, more fans than coaches at Grimsby station on Sunday morning!
Posted by: livosnose, May 14, 2015, 5:46am; Reply: 4
Quoted from poomehellt
I'm not sure if it's already been mentioned on here, but we've been warned of delays by Network rail as well.

"SUPPORTERS are advised that there will be essential maintenance work being carried out between Grimsby Town and Doncaster on Sunday.

There will be a coach transfer from Grimsby Town but Network Rail are advising supporters that the 8.35 am is the latest connection which will get you to London in time for the 2pm kick-off.  That Doncaster train is scheduled to arrive at London Kings Cross at 12.33pm.

Not many people are aware but there is a rival to east Coast Virgin called Grand Central that stops at Donny. I'm on that train from Bradford with PSG and we are getting into London at about 10.40 . uTM

Trains from Newalk Northgate are not affected.

Read more at http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/article/important-rail-travel-information-2451441.aspx#BRVazbU4pH4xvXQS.99 "

Where's Newwalk?! I hope there is more than one coach to do the transfer between Grimsby and Donny, I can see it now, more fans than coaches at Grimsby station on Sunday morning!

Posted by: coxy, May 14, 2015, 11:26am; Reply: 5
I had the choice of either train from Bristol or Taunton so took the wise choice of Taunton aha, hope all get there from both clubs again a stupid balls up on kick of time not taking fans into consideration.

UTM
Posted by: The Yard Dog, May 14, 2015, 11:33am; Reply: 6
Quoted from coxy
I had the choice of either train from[/b] Bristol or Taunton[b] so took the wise choice of Taunton aha, hope all get there from both clubs again a stupid balls up on kick of time not taking fans into consideration.

UTM

How many are travelling by train?

Posted by: coxy, May 14, 2015, 11:40am; Reply: 7
A lot of rovers going aha am only gtfc from Taunton I believe, although lukeo is catching the train for a few stops too! New short arrived so intercourse em Gtfc proud as can be
Posted by: wembley_double98, May 14, 2015, 11:57am; Reply: 8
Quoted from GrimRob
We might turn up fashionably late again

I was thinking exactly the same thing!
How unlikely was that ;)
Have a good day Sunday topped with hopefully a fine win
UTM!
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, May 14, 2015, 11:58am; Reply: 9
getting 9.44AM from Swindon to Paddington - first class, then 7.30pm back from Paddington to Bristol (bus service from Swindon and Bristol Parkway). UTM!
Posted by: Town Monkey, May 14, 2015, 12:16pm; Reply: 10
I'm travelling from Temple Meads on Saturday afternoon to avoid the worst of it.  Have a seat booked on the 7pm back to Temple Meads Sunday night.  I hope we win otherwise it'll be a miserable journey with a load of drunken Gasheads.
Posted by: coxy, May 14, 2015, 1:24pm; Reply: 11
Aha hope your all wearing your top shirts on the trains...
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, May 14, 2015, 1:57pm; Reply: 12
I'm taking my GTFC Bristol flag on the train...here below outside pub at Eastleigh!

https://www.facebook.com/#!/494332320600710/photos/pb.494332320600710.-2207520000.1431608185./968781916489079/?type=3&theater
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 3:41am