Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Les Brechin, May 13, 2015, 1:31pm
Very strange.

Quoted Text
Concord heading to Wembley this weekend

May 13, 2015

HUNDREDS of Concord fans are all set to go on a big day out at Wembley.

As part of the brilliant Vanarama Big Day Out project, the Beachboys have sold a raft of tickets to Sunday’s Conference National play-off final between Bristol Rovers and Grimsby town (kick-off 2pm).

The project has allowed members clubs to sell heavily discounted vouchers which can be used to go to the showpiece match at the national stadium.

The coaches have all been booked and will be ready to leave Concord’s clubhouse at the Aspect Arena, off Thames Road, at 10.30am this Sunday (May 17).

Concord chairman Antony Smith said: “We have lots of players from our youth teams going and it is great to know our club will be so well represented at Wembley at such a big occasion.”

http://www.concordrangersfc.com/wembley/
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, May 13, 2015, 1:32pm; Reply: 1
Oh no...a TOWIE invasion for a TOWN occasion  :-/
Posted by: Hagrid, May 13, 2015, 1:40pm; Reply: 2
how odd :-/
Posted by: GrimRob, May 13, 2015, 1:45pm; Reply: 3
It's great that this is a showpiece occasion for non-league and there will be thousands of neutrals there to enjoy the spectacle. The Challenge Cup final attracts rugby league fans up and down the land besides the two participating clubs. Hopefully this will be our last act in non-league and we'll be given our freedom after give year's hard labour.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, May 13, 2015, 2:00pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from FishOutOfWater
Oh no...a TOWIE invasion for a TOWN occasion  :-/

Well I hope they have a supersonic time!  ;)
Posted by: RoboCod, May 13, 2015, 2:05pm; Reply: 5
Very odd...The Beachboys??
Posted by: gtfc98, May 13, 2015, 2:07pm; Reply: 6
Remember it's the "Vanarama Conference Big Day Out featuring the Promotion Final".

In the words of Mr Fenty, nothing like devaluing the product.

What a load of excrement.
Posted by: LH, May 13, 2015, 2:16pm; Reply: 7
Big Day Out my bottom. Who else is entering the stadium at about 1350 and leaving either after we've celebrated for a bit/bang on the conclusion of the match in the worst case scenario?(not saying the "L" word after the success of banning the "W" word in the semis).
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, May 13, 2015, 3:02pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from cmackenzie4

Well I hope they have a supersonic time!  ;)

Those Essex boys will be well jel when we win!  :)

Posted by: SpudUDontLike, May 13, 2015, 5:39pm; Reply: 9
Rarely has the phrase "What a load of excrement" been more spot on. In fact, I'll say it myself. What a load of excrement.
Posted by: aldi_01, May 13, 2015, 6:11pm; Reply: 10
How exciting, watching two sets of fans who've spent all season wishing their team all the success and it comes down to one last game...whilst all those fans enjoy very little...very odd
Posted by: highcliff mariner, May 13, 2015, 6:28pm; Reply: 11
They could have Rolf Harris comparing for all I care ,, I'll be there and I hope everyone inside and out of Wembley see town win the game. .

UTM
Posted by: codcheeky, May 13, 2015, 6:56pm; Reply: 12
http://www.onlybarnet.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9518

Apparently according to this thread Barnet will have 1000 there aswell
Posted by: jaymariner, May 13, 2015, 7:02pm; Reply: 13
Does nobody at the Conference HQ realise that this is nothing to really for them to be proud of? Two teams scrapping as hard as they can to get out of this god forsaken league so that they can leave this badly run shambles behind.

I know full well that a good 75% of the stadium will be empty whilst they try to put a crappy pre-game show on
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, May 13, 2015, 7:27pm; Reply: 14
to be fair to barnet, its like half hour away, most got tickets for £10, why not go to the national stadium for a day out ?
Posted by: aldi_01, May 13, 2015, 10:07pm; Reply: 15
Even if I lived in Kilburn if my team had won the league I wouldn't give two shits about this game...
Posted by: Les Brechin, May 13, 2015, 11:13pm; Reply: 16
I like the comment where someone said that it will be a bigger Barnet following than any of their away league games!
Posted by: Civvy at last, May 14, 2015, 2:12am; Reply: 17
why do some Town fans have a problem with this ?  The only legitimate whinge is that the neutrals are in the good seats. Standard corporate crap. If Town get 20% of the gate and there are 2000 neutrals at £10. That's £4000 more for Town. Any Town fan that can't get a ticket coz we've sold out can complain. Anyone else is just being a moaning git. I personally wouldn't bother if Town weren't there even if I lived 2 miles down the road.
But anyone that want a day out and contributes money to my club is ok by me.
Posted by: gobby, May 14, 2015, 6:10am; Reply: 18
Really can not see what people are moaning about, its a game of football at the end of the day and if you enjoy football there is no problem watching a game in which you have no affiliation. I have been fortunate enough to go to every FA Cup Final since 1999 and have  enjoyed every game regardless of the teams playing. (Apart from Portsmouth v Cardiff). To only pay £10 for a day out at Wembley is a no brainer in my opinion.  8)
UTMM
Posted by: Les Brechin, May 14, 2015, 7:09am; Reply: 19
Quoted from gobby
Really can not see what people are moaning about, its a game of football at the end of the day and if you enjoy football there is no problem watching a game in which you have no affiliation. I have been fortunate enough to go to every FA Cup Final since 1999 and have  enjoyed every game regardless of the teams playing. (Apart from Portsmouth v Cardiff). To only pay £10 for a day out at Wembley is a no brainer in my opinion.  8)
UTMM

I don't think anyone is moaning at all. I just think that it's a bit strange that so many fans of a club not involved in the match are going to the game.
Posted by: gtfc98, May 14, 2015, 9:00am; Reply: 20
Quoted from gobby
UTMM

It's more that the conference are advertising it as the "Vanarama Big Day Out" which only "features" the play off final that bugs me.
Posted by: psgmariner, May 14, 2015, 9:03am; Reply: 21
Quoted from Les Brechin

I don't think anyone is moaning at all. I just think that it's a bit strange that so many fans of a club not involved in the match are going to the game.

If I lived in / near London and supported a team who was unlikely to play at Wembley then I would b tempted.

£10 for an afternoon at Wembley is a really good deal with the money going to the club you support as well. Just wish GTFC had pushed the vouchers a bit more to make some easy money.

Posted by: Trawler, May 14, 2015, 9:22am; Reply: 22
Quoted from Civvy at last
If Town get 20% of the gate and there are 2000 neutrals at £10. That's £4000 more for Town. A

Except the conference says on Twitter that the all the money spent by fans from other clubs on vouchers was kept by the actual clubs who managed to sell them. So in Barnet's case that's £10,000 in Barnet's coffers.

It would have been a gamble but having spent £1200 on 27 x Category 1 tickets I now wish I had taken the gamble!
Posted by: psgmariner, May 14, 2015, 9:24am; Reply: 23
Quoted from Trawler

Except the conference says on Twitter that the all the money spent by fans from other clubs on vouchers was kept by the actual clubs themselves.

Correct. I think more should have been made of this at the time. Not sure who omitted to mention this but I bet more than 18 Town would have taken up the offer if they had known. I certainly would.
Posted by: Trawler, May 14, 2015, 9:29am; Reply: 24
Quoted from psgmariner

Correct. I think more should have been made of this at the time. Not sure who omitted to mention this but I bet more than 18 Town would have taken up the offer if they had known. I certainly would.

The whole thing has been such a shambles it wouldn't surprise me if the conference hadn't successfully communicated it to GTFC at the time.  I don't remember seeing anything about it in the Vanarama promotions.
Posted by: Civvy at last, May 14, 2015, 12:32pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Trawler

Except the conference says on Twitter that the all the money spent by fans from other clubs on vouchers was kept by the actual clubs who managed to sell them. So in Barnet's case that's £10,000 in Barnet's coffers.

It would have been a gamble but having spent £1200 on 27 x Category 1 tickets I now wish I had taken the gamble!

Ah. My mistake. I was under the impression that those that went to Wembley contributed to the pot. And those that didn't had contributed £10 to their club !!
Posted by: Paris Mariner, May 15, 2015, 9:24pm; Reply: 26
There was plenty of advertising I felt about the Big Day Out deal. It was in the match day programmes, on twitter, on facebook, on the non-league show via BBC. People didn't take it up because they didn't want to risk a tenner and then get knocked out in the semi finals.

The league, despite the stupid costs for a normal ticket, should be commended along with Vanarama for the initiative. It is a celebration of non-league football and a great way of bringing all the Conference clubs together for what is their show piece event.

Hopefully, people will see what the potential is and buy more tickets next season. As other posters have said, what is wrong with going on a day out to Wembley, £10 to watch what are supposedly the 2nd and 3rd best teams in England's non-league fight it out for a place in League 2?

Well done to Concord Rangers for getting so many fans involved. What a great club day out that will be.
Posted by: lukeo, May 15, 2015, 9:59pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from Paris Mariner
There was plenty of advertising I felt about the Big Day Out deal. It was in the match day programmes, on twitter, on facebook, on the non-league show via BBC. People didn't take it up because they didn't want to risk a tenner and then get knocked out in the semi finals.

The league, despite the stupid costs for a normal ticket, should be commended along with Vanarama for the initiative. It is a celebration of non-league football and a great way of bringing all the Conference clubs together for what is their show piece event.

Hopefully, people will see what the potential is and buy more tickets next season. As other posters have said, what is wrong with going on a day out to Wembley, £10 to watch what are supposedly the 2nd and 3rd best teams in England's non-league fight it out for a place in League 2?

Well done to Concord Rangers for getting so many fans involved. What a great club day out that will be.

THIS. Also gets us to show off to the camera's and neutrals in the ground how amazing our 'away' following is! UTM
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 15, 2015, 10:29pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from Trawler

The whole thing has been such a shambles it wouldn't surprise me if the conference hadn't successfully communicated it to GTFC at the time.  I don't remember seeing anything about it in the Vanarama promotions.

There was a thread on here at the time it was announced. Seemed to attract quite a lot of attention at the time.
Posted by: essexexile, May 15, 2015, 10:49pm; Reply: 29
Surely the ticket pricing is shambolic
Why should Town fans have to stump up 4 times what Concord Rangers fans are paying and travel 6 times the distance?
If the Conference want a showpiece fill the FA excuse for a national stadium at say £15 a head for everybody and sell the place out
Posted by: pizzzza, May 15, 2015, 11:02pm; Reply: 30
Couldn't Town have just bought as many of those vouchers as they could at the time they were available? Then:

1. Make the final loadsa Town fans get in cheap.

2. if we didnt make  the final Town get the money anyway, nothing lost for unsold vouchers.

Where is the flaw in my logic?  
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 10:53am