Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: BPMariner, May 13, 2015, 10:28am
The club have announced that tickets for Sundays final will be on sale on the day from Wembley stadium . They are also saying that there are some tickets being sold from Blundell Park.

http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/article/wembley-tickets-great-news-2454051.aspx
Posted by: Les Brechin, May 13, 2015, 10:33am; Reply: 1
What an absolute farce!

The sooner we get out of this tinpot league the better!!
Posted by: Tangerine Chris, May 13, 2015, 10:35am; Reply: 2
So they are selling the expensive seats (£41) plus the £3 charge.  Too little, too late
Posted by: LH, May 13, 2015, 10:35am; Reply: 3
So have they just posted out the dribs and drabs at the end of the sale or have Town bought up the remaining stock to sell to people unable to get online? POTD at Wembley ffs.
Posted by: Hagrid, May 13, 2015, 10:37am; Reply: 4
intercourse off conference!!!! god I hope we win sunday!
Posted by: topuphere666, May 13, 2015, 10:42am; Reply: 5
Comical!
Posted by: Trawler, May 13, 2015, 10:43am; Reply: 6
Agreed it's a farce but be grateful for small mercies - anything that boosts our gate, and vocal support and gets people spending money in the club shop.
Posted by: brigg_mariner, May 13, 2015, 10:52am; Reply: 7
Good work by the club. Well done GTFC
Posted by: jonnyboy82, May 13, 2015, 10:54am; Reply: 8
It's the conference remember they make it up as they go along.
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, May 13, 2015, 10:54am; Reply: 9
Can. I have my £48 back then, fornicators!!!
Posted by: psgmariner, May 13, 2015, 11:12am; Reply: 10
Any £10 Vanarama Big Day Out tickets on sale?!
Posted by: MrsMariner, May 13, 2015, 11:17am; Reply: 11
It just doesn't make any sense Cat 1 tickets have been sold out on the website for a few days now, then suddenly you can buy Cat 1 tickets from Blundell Park, I bet there are some fans that would have preferred these tickets & ended up with Cat tickets 2 instead. What a farce
Posted by: topuphere666, May 13, 2015, 11:35am; Reply: 12
The view will be great from the 2nd tier but surely it will be a bit lonely up there?
Posted by: GrimRob, May 13, 2015, 11:40am; Reply: 13
Nothing like a kick in the teeth for all the supporters who have already bought tickets. I don't blame GTFC in any way, the Conference don't seem up to the task at all, which seems strange as they have to do this every year. It's telling that the average crowd for these finals is so low compared to events organised by other organisations.
Posted by: diehardmariner, May 13, 2015, 11:52am; Reply: 14
Absolutely ridiculous.  

Agree with the notion that there's no blame attached to GTFC on this one.  They're doing everything they can to assist fans, plus even a handful of people going into the ticket office for these tickets is additional footfall for potential merchandise sales.  

I don't mind us playing in the Conference, I've got beyond the stigma of saying 'I support a non-league football team', I actually enjoy going to random clubs in the middle of nowhere.

What I can't stand any more is the absolute moronic management of the set-up at this level.
Posted by: Trawler, May 13, 2015, 12:02pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from diehardmariner

What I can't stand any more is the absolute moronic management of the set-up at this level.

And the refs
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, May 13, 2015, 5:42pm; Reply: 16
I mentioned last week, I bet quite a few of the people aged 70+ went to the ticket office thinking they could pay cash for a ticket from the ground, many old people don't have a bank card, or credit card etc.

At least it gives those people a chance to get a ticket now, without having to faff about.
Posted by: rancido, May 13, 2015, 7:54pm; Reply: 17
Are the ticketing arrangements at Wembley organised by the FA or is it the Conference?
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, May 13, 2015, 8:27pm; Reply: 18
I think the FA and the conference don't give 2 fooks about the fans ... It's all about the dollars
Posted by: hertfordshire mariner, May 14, 2015, 12:25am; Reply: 19
Quoted from rancido
Are the ticketing arrangements at Wembley organised by the FA or is it the Conference?

I work with see tickets quite a lot in my job, and what normally happens is the promoter (in this case that's the confrence) tell see what allocations to sell and in what order to sell them.

All the allocation most likely been given to see as it's so bloody easy to do and totaly cuts out any administration for the confrence.  Literally I could log on to my see tickets client acount now and set it all up within 5 mins, then just send see a invoice for the sales after the game.

What I would of done, or anyone else I know that regulary puts on large events is allocate some to see, some to both the clubs box offices, some to wembelys box office, and some to all the other major ticket agents as well. They can easily be marked back and re-issued to another outlets to, if ones nearly sold out but another has loads left. It's completely standard working. It just shows they are not used to dealing with situations like this if you ask me.
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 10:08am