Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Bee Army, May 10, 2015, 10:32pm
Hi all, Barnet fan in peace.
Read your forum out of curiousity and with interest. Noticed talk of parking and people paying £15 for the privilege (cheap in London terms?!)
Thought I would let you know another option, should you be interested. £1 parking at The Hive. Less than ten minute walk to Canons Park station, 3 stops to Wembley Park. The advantage over Canons Park is if you'd like a drink before/after (there is Starbucks for drivers) and the burgers are great! Quicker to get away from than Stanmore or Wembley. Just an option anyway. If you do so you need to get a parking token from the shop/bar. You'd probably be best to tap in and out if you have a cashless bank card, rather than buy an oyster/travelcard. Oh also make you sure get to the station through the footpath rather than the all the way around the roads- past the main bar then left once you reach main road).
Anyway, will be at the game in the neutral section with my £10 ticket and definitely supporting you guys! Let Bristol Rovers enjoy another season in the Conference, even if you do always beat us.
Good luck and hope to see you for a celebratory drink at the Hive Bar after the game. (friends)
Posted by: moosey_club, May 10, 2015, 10:39pm; Reply: 1
How very nice of you.
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, May 10, 2015, 11:47pm; Reply: 2
Thanks for the info Bee Army. (thumbup1)

I heard our manager on the radio a few days ago, that Grimsby Town were looking to use Barnets training facilities for whatever time they are in London, prior to the game at Wembley. 8)

Out of curiosity, I wonder where Bristol Rovers will be training (Confused)
Posted by: gary_elton, May 11, 2015, 8:06am; Reply: 3
Chelski's training ground more than likely... just for the elite y'know....
Posted by: moosey_club, May 11, 2015, 9:09am; Reply: 4
Quoted from gary_elton
Chelski's training ground more than likely... just for the elite y'know....

They will actually be using the Emirates, apparently they have sold 60,000 tickets for the training session  :P
Posted by: GollyGTFC, May 11, 2015, 10:21am; Reply: 5
For those heading down early I suggest the following parking options if you don't fancy the obvious (Stanmore):-

Canons Park Underground Station Car Park (Sunday - £1.50 all day).
Queensbury Underground Station Car Park (Sunday - £1.50 all day)- plenty of free street parking near the station too.

Never had a problem parking at either before including England matches at Wembley (ie much bigger attendances).

There is also a Brent Council car park 2 minutes walk from Kingsbury Underground Station which is free on Sundays, but it's off the main road and isn't as secure as an Underground Station Car Park.

It was nice of the guy from Barnet to suggest the Hive, but I personally don't see the point of parking 10 minute walk from an Underground Station when you can park right at them,
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, May 11, 2015, 11:10am; Reply: 6
In fairness golly, think he was only trying to help
Posted by: Bee Army, May 11, 2015, 11:41am; Reply: 7
Fair enough Golly. I would agree, I did say more if you’d like a bar (and to check out the Conference trophy of course :P). Only a suggestion.
Posted by: gtfc98, May 11, 2015, 12:10pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Bee Army
Fair enough Golly. I would agree, I did say more if you’d like a bar (and to check out the Conference trophy of course :P). Only a suggestion.

Ignore him, we appreciate your suggestion and hospitality! Congratulations on your title
Posted by: Corkyefes, May 11, 2015, 12:53pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from GollyGTFC
For those heading down early I suggest the following parking options if you don't fancy the obvious (Stanmore):-

Canons Park Underground Station Car Park (Sunday - £1.50 all day).
Queensbury Underground Station Car Park (Sunday - £1.50 all day)- plenty of free street parking near the station too.

Never had a problem parking at either before including England matches at Wembley (ie much bigger attendances).

There is also a Brent Council car park 2 minutes walk from Kingsbury Underground Station which is free on Sundays, but it's off the main road and isn't as secure as an Underground Station Car Park.

It was nice of the guy from Barnet to suggest the Hive, but I personally don't see the point of parking 10 minute walk from an Underground Station when you can park right at them,

Fuc*ing hell.... If this guy came to your house and tried to give you a £10 note, you'd slap him in the face and say, "I want a twenty"...

Can't please some people!
Posted by: diehardmariner, May 11, 2015, 1:59pm; Reply: 10
In fairness to Golly, he's only trying to offer additional help himself.

As most Town fans won't be familiar with the area, transport or parking surely all advice is welcome.  
Posted by: moosey_club, May 11, 2015, 2:03pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Corkyefes

Fuc*ing hell.... If this guy came to your house and tried to give you a £10 note, you'd slap him in the face and say, "I want a twenty"...

As he is from the affluent south i think i would demand at least a fifty ( or a bullseye as they may refer to it ) personally.  :P
Posted by: Marinerz93, May 11, 2015, 4:55pm; Reply: 12
Thank you Bee Army for your kind offer, would there be free beer for us when we win  ;)
Posted by: WappingMariner, May 11, 2015, 5:13pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Bee Army

Haha. Good lad.
Posted by: Les Brechin, May 11, 2015, 5:44pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Bee Army

Do you get to keep it now that you've won it 3 times.  ;D

Posted by: highcliff mariner, May 13, 2015, 10:56am; Reply: 15
Just a quick question , are any of the parking options on here ,Stanmore. ,the hive ,those that golly mentions ., able to accommodate a mini bus ?
Don't wanna drive into Wembley 😜
Thanks in advance ?
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 11:30pm