Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Tangerine Chris, May 9, 2015, 1:03pm
Bristol Rovers to win 5/4
Grimsby Town to win 19/10
Draw 23/10

Grimsby to be promoted 11/10
Posted by: Rick12, May 9, 2015, 1:18pm; Reply: 1
Don't pay to much attention to the odds.Saw the odds on oddschecker(from all the bookies) and its quite tight. Depends for me which team turns up on the day. Chances are one who wants it the most will win
Posted by: big al, May 9, 2015, 2:03pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Tangerine Chris
Bristol Rovers to win 5/4
Grimsby Town to win 19/10
Draw 23/10

Grimsby to be promoted 11/10

Town at nearly 2-1 is not bad really. Obviously we all think they will win. I think it is clearly much closer than that. Odds are only a reflection of the amount of money going on a particular team which will obviously be Rovers in this case. Get a piece of the money I say.
Posted by: Les Brechin, May 9, 2015, 2:15pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from big al

Town at nearly 2-1 is not bad really. Obviously we all think they will win. I think it is clearly much closer than that. Odds are only a reflection of the amount of money going on a particular team which will obviously be Rovers in this case. Get a piece of the money I say.

That's to win in 90 minutes though. Only just over evens to win the game.
Posted by: LH, May 9, 2015, 2:19pm; Reply: 4
Depends what odds BR to be promoted. Roughly 4/6ish I'd guess with us at 11/10. Shows they don't really know who but they have backed the higher placed team so they don't get cleaned out with the "obvious" result.
Posted by: big al, May 9, 2015, 2:21pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Les Brechin

That's to win in 90 minutes though. Only just over evens to win the game.

But that's how you normally bet on football isn't it - over 90 minutes. Coral are offering 11/5 Town. I guess the big difference in a game like this as any other play-off final is the draw is far more likely. The 5/4 Town also takes the draw out of the equation.
Posted by: big al, May 9, 2015, 2:25pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from LH
Depends what odds BR to be promoted. Roughly 4/6ish I'd guess with us at 11/10. Shows they don't really know who but they have backed the higher placed team so they don't get cleaned out with the "obvious" result.

exactly - I bet on correct scores normally. I just think these odds are pretty favourable for anyone backing Town - we're clearly closer to Rovers than that and I actually think we're better than them per se. It's a rare occasion when our local knowledge gives us insight and an advantage that the bookies don't have. In a two horse race - home or away I bet it's been a long time since Town were considered the outsiders that they are here - when they clearly are not, not to this extent. Would never encourage somebody else to bet but I think there is real value here.
Posted by: nightrider, May 9, 2015, 3:03pm; Reply: 7
Big odds considering we finished one place behind them
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 1:57pm